Not a fan of Fed Ex

Anyway, according to (I think) Jeopardy!, Amazon ended its use of FedEx last year some time.

My understanding is that if it being shipped by Amazon, they will not use FedEx. (The listing will say shipped from and sold by Amazon.) But if it is being sold by and shipped by someone else, they can use FedEx.

Yes he or she told them it wouldn’t be available. It’s The 6 wives of Henry VIII.

Here, enjoy the lyrics from Six (musical about to open on Broadway about the 6 wives of Henry VIII).
https://genius.com/Original-west-end-cast-of-six-ex-wives-lyrics

I'm going to disagree with that meme. USPS delivered a package to me around 9 PM Christmas Eve.
Considering that it spent a day in Illinois and now another day literally 3 miles from our house and hadn’t made any more progress, I still agree with the meme.

My son needs a book for school. The campus book store decided they couldn’t get it. So the prof told them to get it off amazon. Well it’s coming from the Book Depository and the date range they gave was feb. 11-19! He ordered it over a week ago. It says it shipped and I finally got a tracking number from USPS. But it just says label created, not yet in system. Maybe he will get it in time for final exams.

That sounds like it's an issue with the Book Depository and not the USPS. There are probably 2 things going on. The Depository maybe be a 3rd party that uses Amazon to sell their stuff and when that happens you will see shipping estimates like that. The second things the Depository probably prints out their own labels via their USPS account and in doing so the tracking picks up on it as label created. They then either have to schedule a pick up or they bring them to the USPS and they then get scanned in. Depending on the volume they are doing orders might not get picked up/dropped off everyday creating the delay .

That sounds like it's an issue with the Book Depository and not the USPS. There are probably 2 things going on. The Depository maybe be a 3rd party that uses Amazon to sell their stuff and when that happens you will see shipping estimates like that. The second things the Depository probably prints out their own labels via their USPS account and in doing so the tracking picks up on it as label created. They then either have to schedule a pick up or they bring them to the USPS and they then get scanned in. Depending on the volume they are doing orders might not get picked up/dropped off everyday creating the delay .
It finally arrived this evening

That is why I have given up on home delivery and have everything delivered to my office address.

I did that too. Til they kept trying to deliver at 6 or 7 pm when the building office hours that are clearly posted at the front door says the building closes at 5. First try, ok. But subsequent days too?!

My son needs a book for school. The campus book store decided they couldn’t get it. So the prof told them to get it off amazon. Well it’s coming from the Book Depository and the date range they gave was feb. 11-19! He ordered it over a week ago. It says it shipped and I finally got a tracking number from USPS. But it just says label created, not yet in system. Maybe he will get it in time for final exams.
Alternatively check libraries to see if it's available there. If no annotation is needed that's another way to go for the future. You never specified but is it the one by David Starkey?--that's the one my local library has a copy of.

For my alma mater lot of people got their books for Western Civ from Half-Price Books.

But also if the campus book store decided they couldn't get it I'd take that as a sign maybe there's an issue getting the book in the first place as it sounds like a fairly standard book probably used many times over.
It finally arrived this evening
Glad to hear it arrived.

Alternatively check libraries to see if it's available there. If no annotation is needed that's another way to go for the future. You never specified but is it the one by David Starkey?--that's the one my local library has a copy of.

For my alma mater lot of people got their books for Western Civ from Half-Price Books.

But also if the campus book store decided they couldn't get it I'd take that as a sign maybe there's an issue getting the book in the first place as it sounds like a fairly standard book probably used many times over.
Glad to hear it arrived.
It’s by David loades. He usually rents his books either from the campus book store or the book store off campus, whichever is cheaper.

Had a Fed Ex delivery of some DGCards today while we were gone and I about had a melt down. I looked at my Gmail and it said they had been delivered to my house, left on my front porch, about two hours prior. So I get home, look around and they are no where to be found. We live on 30 acres of land so porch pirates are not an issue. So I go and look all around our yard, no where. Finally I went back down to my mailbox which is like 1,000 feet from our house and there they were.
No problem putting them there if you state that is where you put them. Don't lie about it. Uggggghhhh.

I get packages all the time. My entire porch is covered by the overhang of the roof. So, if a delivery person puts a package or envelope on nearly all of my porch it will stay dry. They always just leave it on the step up to the porch where if it rains, the package will get wet. The worst delivery person is my mail carrier. He's too lazy to put large envelopes or small packages on the porch or in the screen door because he'd have to get out of his truck & walk. So, he folds larger envelopes and stuffs them in the mailbox. There have been so many time that he's ruined mail, I've had to fight to get my mail out of the box because he stuffs so much in there. He's even ruined our mailbox over the years. He's shoved boxes in there to the point of cracking the mailbox and we've had to fight to get mail out of the box so many times that now the box is barely holding on to the platform it's secured to. I've even seen him put packages on the ground by the mailboxes because he's not going to walk it up to the neighbors porch. He just doesn't care what he does to people mail. He should have been fired years ago.

OMG, new Fed Ex story. I ordered an item from Amazon, toner for my printer (oops, I didn't keep track of when it was going to run out!) Shipping address is PO Box. Shipper decides to send via Fed Ex...I'm like, are you sure they can deliver to a PO Box.

Marked as delivered yesterday to a city that is 30 miles away from my PO box...I'm like, huh?! Eventually I figure out that it's been delivered to a friend who has let me use his physical mailing address for packages now that I don't have them delivered to work. So, Fed Ex has eyes and ears everywhere and "corrected" the address themselves. Great, just great. I'm not going to see him for a week :P

Probably difficult to impossible what with the union and all. But do people report him?

I have and I know a few other neighbors have as well over the years...nothing ever changes though. You're right about the union, and I'll add that it's also nearly impossible to get rid of any bad employees if they work for the government. I used to laugh when politicians would boast that their dad was a mail carrier. I'd say in my inner monologue, "Oh, so your dad was a lazy POS" lol

I have and I know a few other neighbors have as well over the years...nothing ever changes though. You're right about the union, and I'll add that it's also nearly impossible to get rid of any bad employees if they work for the government. I used to laugh when politicians would boast that their dad was a mail carrier. I'd say in my inner monologue, "Oh, so your dad was a lazy POS" lol
That’s a little harsh. My good friends husband just retired after 30 years delivering mail. However, new hires aren’t give benefits anymore from what I hear. The postal service is a shell of its former self.

I think a lot people don’t realize FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are independent branches of FedEx with different operating procedures. FedEx Express is operated directly by FedEx Corporate Company. FedEx Ground has independent contractors. The independent contractors own the trucks and hire/pay the drivers and contract for different routes. And yes, some drivers are definitely better than others.

That’s a little harsh. My good friends husband just retired after 30 years delivering mail. However, new hires aren’t give benefits anymore from what I hear. The postal service is a shell of its former self.
It's not harsh at all if you've had to deal with what weve been dealing with for years with this guy. He's lazy and doesn't care that he does a crappy job. He should have been fired years ago. I've seen him walk halfway up the neighbors driveway and frisbee toss their package up on to the porch, watching the box roll over a couple times before banging into the chair on the porch. He's not anywhere near a new hire. This guy has been around for decades. There are plenty of hard working people that would do the job, and do it well. I don't support keeping people in jobs that they are terrible at doing.

So this happened today. We live at an apartment complex where my DH is the maintenance supervisor. So we were heading home and passing the leasing office and we see this huge box dropped outside. (Turns out it is a couch) Now the leasing office is closed today cause it is a Sunday and on top of that will be closed tomorrow Monday for the Presidents’ Day holiday weekend. Sign saying closed until Tuesday cause of the holiday is posted on the front door. So no packages should be being delivered there at all. So we pull in and check that the package mailing label wasn’t printed correctly so part of the information was missing. So the address said the name as (aryanne Last Name Apt 109) instead of (maryanne Last name 1109). So I am guessing the delivery driver went to 109 and found that it was the wrong place and didn’t want to take it back with them so they just dumped it at the leasing office and left. Where we found it. Luckily for the lady that we found it cause we grabbed it after checking it over and brought it into the office and figured we would deal with finding who it went to on Tuesday or if they happened to call the maintenance emergency line inquiring about it cause the name and address didn’t match any of the tenants that were listed in either of those two apartments options. Turned out they are new move ins in 1109 and the package was addressed to the apartment tenants fiancé. As we were walking out the package owner happened to pull up cause the photo she got showing it was delivered showed the front office. I am afraid had we not shown up when we did someone would had made off with it cause we had enough to grab it, load it into the office, and check the tenants name to the package to see if we could let them know where their package was. Someone else could have had that time to load it into their car and had left before before she arrived. She didn’t have room in her small car for the package so she told us she will have her fiancé come pick it up once he gets home. They will call the maintenance emergency line when they can come by and grab it so we can unlock the front office for it. Not sure what she would have done if it was still there and we weren’t. Maybe try and hide it by dragging it behind the building to hide it until her fiancé got there.

9BC8C0F5-3532-4D1E-857A-2A0C4E63F84C.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a pretty big box for somebody to happen to drive by and load it in their vehicle. It's also surprisingly large to be delivered by USPS/UPS/FedEx. Despite the address label, I'd lean more toward it being dropped off by the furniture company. Or by LaserShip.

My delivery guys are always leaving packages on my porch without ringing my doorbell. :sad2: I’m home! Just ring the bell so I don’t have to worry about theft.

If its an Amazon package and you have Alexa, she will chime when the package is delivered. Took me a while to put the two and two together, but now its pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!