Not enough pool chairs?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So what is the deal with Aulani not having near enough pool chairs for the amount of guest they have?

My family was there for Easter week of 2019... the pool chair situation was awful. Many people would save chairs very early in the day for their entire party. Most of them weren’t even using the chairs throughout the day. I also noticed families “reserving” chairs with towels at the pool and beach at the same time. We were up by 8 am every day and couldn’t seem to get chairs in the front row closest to the pool.

Well this sounds just awful. I wonder if going during the off season, say mid-late September would help with such situation?

Well this sounds just awful. I wonder if going during the off season, say mid-late September would help with such situation?
I found it frustrating. I was told that the staff will take towels away if no one is there for an extended period of time, yet I didn’t see this happening. We were there over a holiday so maybe off season would be better. The resort is beautiful and we enjoyed our stay very much. We just found the chair situation to be a bit stressful at times.

I found it frustrating. I was told that the staff will take towels away if no one is there for an extended period of time, yet I didn’t see this happening. We were there over a holiday so maybe off season would be better. The resort is beautiful and we enjoyed our stay very much. We just found the chair situation to be a bit stressful at times.
Can they not buy more chairs or what? Or do they not have any where to put them?

There is no good time of year. We own at Aulani and go 3 or 4 times a year. The pool chair situation is one of the worst things about it. As to buying more chairs, I don’t know where they would put them...all of the pool areas are already packed with seating. It’s just simply not enough.

Staff do walk around every hour. On the first pass, they fold your towels and hang it on the back of you chair if there is no one there. An hour later, on the second pass, they will take the towel and your stuff (and keep your things at one of the towel desks until you pick it up). So a chair can be empty for almost 2 hours (assuming the occupants leave shortly after an hourly sweep) before it is cleared.

Well at least they seem to be trying to address the issue. No it would not be fair to have several chairs saved for yourself and then you never use them. But sounds like they have a real problem here that they need to do more about in order to alleviate it.

When we stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa, you checked towels out of a machine with your room key and then also checked them back in to avoid a charge. I was a bit taken aback by it, but everyone takes their towels with them when they’re done. It doesn’t help with chair saving, but it would with people leaving towels on the chairs when done.

There is simply no more land to put chairs on! We’ve always found that if we couldn’t get lounges by the pool we just go to the lagoon, there’s always chairs down there (plus we prefer the salt water to the overcrowded pools most times anyway).

When our kids are ready to use the slides or lazy river my husband and I tend to sit at the tables and chairs at Off The Hook and enjoy a couple of drinks whilst watching them come down the slides.

There is simply no more land to put chairs on! We’ve always found that if we couldn’t get lounges by the pool we just go to the lagoon, there’s always chairs down there (plus we prefer the salt water to the overcrowded pools most times anyway).

When our kids are ready to use the slides or lazy river my husband and I tend to sit at the tables and chairs at Off The Hook and enjoy a couple of drinks whilst watching them come down the slides.
Wow!

We are not ones to sit by the pool, we tend to claim one spot to put out all of our things on (towels, shoes underneath, etc) and then use the pool so I wish they had cubbies or something. One time at Aulani (this was mid-July, mid afternoon and a very crowded day) I ended up having to find a small spot on the pool deck by a rock to put our stuff but that was only once in the many times we have been. There are almost always a chair or two over by the adult pool, even in busy times and I think you said in a different thread that it is just the two of you so that might be a solution.

The towel on chairs is frustrating everywhere. It happened daily in Cancun but after the second day, I just started removing reserved towels for my wife and I after the chairs were obviously not being used.

My family was there for Easter week of 2019... the pool chair situation was awful. Many people would save chairs very early in the day for their entire party. Most of them weren’t even using the chairs throughout the day. I also noticed families “reserving” chairs with towels at the pool and beach at the same time. We were up by 8 am every day and couldn’t seem to get chairs in the front row closest to the pool.

I would love to see sections of NO reserving pool chairs. There's enough chairs only if they are actually being used.

You definitely need to get to the pool areas early to reserve pool chairs. It’s a complete crapshoot if you are trying to find chairs mid morning or later at the pool. There are always chairs by the beach though. You probably aren’t paying up for the Aulani to spend most of your time at the beach but they do at least have the chairs as an option there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter