Not in a Happy mood today about ABD, when I should be.

Sayhello- I've done 5 ABDs, none adults only. I've got 5 more booked for 2018/19...none adults only. I have had a fine time on the mixed trips. I'm sure you will too.
Oh, I'm sure I will, too. :) I've done 3 family ABDs myself, and they were all great. I just like the dynamics on the Adults Only trips a bit more. :)

I suspect you will have very few kids in May. Our schools got out very early last summer but that was still early June. I'm sure it will be a gorgeous time to celebrate your birthday :)
You know it's not that I don't like kids. :) I just like the Adults Only vibe a bit more. I'll be fine either way. I think it *will* be a wonderful way to celebrate my Birthday!

Sayhello

You know it's not that I don't like kids. :) I just like the Adults Only vibe a bit more. I'll be fine either way. I think it *will* be a wonderful way to celebrate my Birthday!

Sayhello

I hope so! I'm celebrating my birthday on the A&K Family Antarctica trip in December! It's the first full day of the trip. Should be interesting!

I hope so! I'm celebrating my birthday on the A&K Family Antarctica trip in December! It's the first full day of the trip. Should be interesting!
I celebrated my Birthday in Monaco with the 2010 ABD Med Cruise add-on, and celebrated my Birthday in Athens on the Greece trip! Both were a fun way to spend my Birthday! (China was just a few days after my Birthday...)

Sayhello

Thanks, @calypso726!! I just got an email from ABD and your (our :) ) TA got me a reservation for Japan!! After talking to her, I chose the May trip. Thanks again. Sometimes giving up control can be a good thing.

Japan for my Birthday!!

Thanks all for your encouragement and suggestions and help!!

Sayhello

I'm so happy that you got the booking you wanted! It'll be a magical birthday!

Not sure how many of you are on twitter but if you follow The DIS - @TheDIS - and/or Dreams Unlimited Travel - @dreamsutravel - (the sponsor of this board) we have been tweeting out updates on this release since it was announced. It's a great way to get the info.

You can also subscribe to the DIS news feeds to get announcements updates on discounts - you can do that from the homepage - http://www.wdwinfo.com/

Also if you're interested in seeing no-obligation pricing for an ABD trip you can use the online calculator on the Dreams Unlimited Travel website - https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input.cfm

In the interest of full disclosure, for those that don't know - I am one of the owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel

I did not realize that those accounts are on Twitter which is my daily go-to for a lot of things. Thanks for listing those accounts!

I’m going to add my comments in case ABD really does monitor this board. We’re relatively new to ABD - me, DH, and DD8, we did Backstage Magic last summer, Costa Rica is coming up in July, and we’re booked on the Seine river cruise in 2019. I believe we’ll do many more ABDs in the future, but I’ve read the Other Options thread with interest, and will consider those as well. Adventure insiders should definitely get to book in advance, that’s such an easy perk for ABD to provide us. Hopefully that policy changes going forward!

ABD just catching up to the rest of the Parks division really.
I was thinking the same thing. On that side they definitely don’t really care about long term customers. They seem to think they have enough volume and newbies that it doesn’t matter if they keep old customers happy.

I’m going to add my comments in case ABD really does monitor this board. We’re relatively new to ABD - me, DH, and DD8, we did Backstage Magic last summer, Costa Rica is coming up in July, and we’re booked on the Seine river cruise in 2019. I believe we’ll do many more ABDs in the future, but I’ve read the Other Options thread with interest, and will consider those as well. Adventure insiders should definitely get to book in advance, that’s such an easy perk for ABD to provide us. Hopefully that policy changes going forward!
Some of you probably saw this but was posted on another board - Disney was as apparently surprised by what happened yesterday. Rethinking next year so insiders would get their (at least) one day head start back. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Thanks. I found it. I was thinking that there was a longer post on the booking issues and ABD's response. But your post above pretty much covers everything that was said in the other thread.

Sayhello I am happy that you were able to get the trip you wanted!
I have not taken an ABD trip yet but I have been stalking these boards for a while to get a feel of which one would be best for my family..... considering the expense.

I hope Disney does read this and take a warning. When your biggest cheerleaders are complaining it’s time to re-evaluate procedure.

I am a DVC owner and on those boards we were laughing about this new perk. We want cheaper park tickets, extra fastpass etc. Not a “perk”that huge majority of owners will never use! I think we already get initial pricing. They are getting a little smart that they need to give DVC owners something to make the crazy buy in prices worth it. So maybe they will hopefully make some changes to there pre ABD marketing.... seems easy enough.
Hope your trip is amazing:-)
Kerri

Sayhello I am happy that you were able to get the trip you wanted!
I have not taken an ABD trip yet but I have been stalking these boards for a while to get a feel of which one would be best for my family..... considering the expense.

I hope Disney does read this and take a warning. When your biggest cheerleaders are complaining it’s time to re-evaluate procedure.

I am a DVC owner and on those boards we were laughing about this new perk. We want cheaper park tickets, extra fastpass etc. Not a “perk”that huge majority of owners will never use! I think we already get initial pricing. They are getting a little smart that they need to give DVC owners something to make the crazy buy in prices worth it. So maybe they will hopefully make some changes to there pre ABD marketing.... seems easy enough.
Hope your trip is amazing:-)
Kerri
Thanks, Kerri. :) I think your perspective as a DVC owner is very interesting!

I'm glad I got the trip, also. It's now pretty much sold out, and the price increase on the remaining availability is ridiculous!

I've heard rumors they're aware that the experience was not good. I think they're getting that from their own employees as well as from us!

Sayhello

SayHello - - so happy you are going to Japan! We are going to wait for all the kinks to be worked out before we spend that kind of money for three of us! I also feel ABD Insiders should be treated with a bit more respect. We have taken 6 ABDs and didn't even get the Coco tickets. LOL

As much as Japan is big on DD & DH's wish list, I really MUST see Italy first!!! :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!