Not liking the 180+10

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation on property w/ the dining plan and there are people that can book dining reservations for when we are going to be there, but I cannot yet! B/c I haven't hit my window yet. GGRRRRRRRRR, I will not be happy if I cannot get a couple I want b/c of this. We are a party of 8 and we won't all be there for the same length of stay and our dining plan won't kick in until our 5th day. So we have one day that we can eat at CRT where everyone's there and we all have the dining plan. And that day just opened up to the 180+10. I still have 10 days to wait!

I'm not understanding why you can't book now. I thought you had to purchase the dining plan for the length of your stay? Why won't it "kick in" til the 5th day? How long is your stay? :confused3

I don't arrive until 8/3. You cannot book yet for that arrival day. It's at like 7/28. However we are doing a split stay. We have chosen not to have the dining plan for the first 4 nights. We are going to have it for our last 6 nights. I want to book CRT on 8/7, the first day of our dining plan and the last day that my parents will be there. Others can book for this date, however we cannot book yet b/c we haven't reached our 180 day mark. That's why I am not liking the plus 10 part.

Soooo, since you have a split stay booked, you can't book ADR's? If your stay is consecutive and just split between resorts, then you should be able to book your ADR's on February 2. You don't have to be on the dining plan to book your ADR's out 10 days from the start of your trip. If you are booked on Disney property, you can book as soon as your 180 day mark hits and go 10 days out. However if your split stay means you are not going to be staying on Disney property til the 7th, then I understand your problem. But, I wouldn't worry too much. I booked 180 + 10 and just for the hell of it, I checked two weeks later to see if there were still spots left for all the restaurants I booked, and there were- at the same times. Hope it all works out!

I'm sorry that I'm being so confusing. I know I can book my adr's here soon. What I think is frustrating is that others can already book for 8/7 and I cannot. I thought I was going to like the +10 until it hit me that a whole lot of people will have already booked ADR's before me for those same dates. So some places could potentially be booked on my 180 day b/c of the other resort guests booking their plus 10 days. I think you should be able to make reservations 180 days for resort guests and maybe 90 or even 160 days for non-resort guests. I think of these things b/c I can only go during busy times. I feel bad for those going doing free dining. Say you are going the 2nd week of free dining for 7 nights, those going a wk and half before you have access to your w/k before you do. I am rambling and probably not making any sense still.

I completely understand you now. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I am booked over 4th of July and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Like I said before, even two weeks later those same times I wanted were still available. I know we are talking about CRT but you are not going over a holiday or Free Dining, so I don't think you will have a problem. Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Thanks for listening to my little rant! It also just dawned on me to have my parents or in-laws to make the CRT reservation b/c they have the dining starting on 8/3 so their window will open 1st where we can book CRT. I would have to wait b/c to link it to my reservation w/ the dining would mean I would have to wait three days longer. I think I will call to see if this will work now.

I know this whole thing makes me anxious too. I make ressies in 16 days and i swear I am having trouble sleeping already thinking about it.

Soooo, since you have a split stay booked, you can't book ADR's? If your stay is consecutive and just split between resorts, then you should be able to book your ADR's on February 2. You don't have to be on the dining plan to book your ADR's out 10 days from the start of your trip. If you are booked on Disney property, you can book as soon as your 180 day mark hits and go 10 days out. However if your split stay means you are not going to be staying on Disney property til the 7th, then I understand your problem. But, I wouldn't worry too much. I booked 180 + 10 and just for the hell of it, I checked two weeks later to see if there were still spots left for all the restaurants I booked, and there were- at the same times. Hope it all works out!

Are you sure? I have a split stay for August. We arrive the 24th and was told we could start booking on reses on 2/25 but that because we have a split stay we could only book for the first 6 days, which is when we transfer to a larger room. I was told I have to wait until 3/3 to begin booking the second part of my stay-reason being they put the split stay on 2 seperate reservations. :confused3

BUT...you are going to be booking at your 180 day window for days that others will be there but not able to book yet..same situation as yours in now. I arrive on July 31 and can book the first 6 days of my stay tomorrow. But, I have to wait a few days before I can book the remainder because I am moving to a different resort. Yes, it's a huge pain in the rear..I wish we could tie those two reservations together but as of yet, you can't.

The 180 day window is good...yes, it does allow for those who are there before you to grab ADRs on your first few days, but it is what it is. It really shouldn't be an issue unless they put free dining out there...and it looks like that might happen on Aug 15. Then it will be a free for all. Be glad you're going to have a bunch of days you can book before that 180 day opens!!!!

BUT...you are going to be booking at your 180 day window for days that others will be there but not able to book yet..same situation as yours in now. I arrive on July 31 and can book the first 6 days of my stay tomorrow. But, I have to wait a few days before I can book the remainder because I am moving to a different resort. Yes, it's a huge pain in the rear..I wish we could tie those two reservations together but as of yet, you can't.

The 180 day window is good...yes, it does allow for those who are there before you to grab ADRs on your first few days, but it is what it is. It really shouldn't be an issue unless they put free dining out there...and it looks like that might happen on Aug 15. Then it will be a free for all. Be glad you're going to have a bunch of days you can book before that 180 day opens!!!!

Yes, no real complaint here, just a little confused for a moment. I thought maybe the post meant that perhaps the policy changed and you could now link your split stay.

It sure would be nice if they would link the split stay. I'm even staying in the same resort, just changing rooms. So, since you can't, my plan is to book
the restaurants I really want for the first 6 days, like LeCellier and the Poly Luau. We were in the same situation last year and we pretty much book all we wanted and that was when it was still 90 days out.

Anyhow, hope you have a great vacation, ENJOY!

I have a reservation on property w/ the dining plan and there are people that can book dining reservations for when we are going to be there, but I cannot yet! B/c I haven't hit my window yet. GGRRRRRRRRR, I will not be happy if I cannot get a couple I want b/c of this. We are a party of 8 and we won't all be there for the same length of stay and our dining plan won't kick in until our 5th day. So we have one day that we can eat at CRT where everyone's there and we all have the dining plan. And that day just opened up to the 180+10. I still have 10 days to wait!

Okay...you checkin on 8/3...so you should be able to book on Thursday, Feb 4...for that resort stay. If you are staying at that first resort, even without the ddp, for 4 days...I'm assuming you would be moving on Aug 7, to the next resort?? If so, you can book that meal, for the 7th, on Feb 4. You can book for right up until midnight of your departure day. You do not need to be on the DDP to book at the 180 days and have that ability to book the entire time at each resort.

I would go over to Scott Thomas's Priority Seating report..

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php
and plug in your dates to see exactly what dates you can book for and when you can start booking them. But I 'think' you should be able to book for Aug 3-7 this Thursday. I know I can book tomorrow for July 31-Aug 5 (then I move to a different resort).

Okay...you checkin on 8/3...so you should be able to book on Thursday, Feb 4...for that resort stay. If you are staying at that first resort, even without the ddp, for 4 days...I'm assuming you would be moving on Aug 7, to the next resort?? If so, you can book that meal, for the 7th, on Feb 4. You can book for right up until midnight of your departure day. You do not need to be on the DDP to book at the 180 days and have that ability to book the entire time at each resort.

I would go over to Scott Thomas's Priority Seating report..

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php
and plug in your dates to see exactly what dates you can book for and when you can start booking them. But I 'think' you should be able to book for Aug 3-7 this Thursday. I know I can book tomorrow for July 31-Aug 5 (then I move to a different resort).

I get all that. I however, need 8/7 linked to our 2nd ressie w/ dining otherwise we will have to pay up front for CRT and not be able to use our table service credits. We had this problem last yr when we booked a last minute trip. Our ressie wasn't in the system yet and I happened to find an opening at CRT and had to pay out of pocket. The CM said I could call back when it finally showed up in the system, but I would have to cancel and try to re-book. I am just a little edgy b/c there is only one day when our dining plans overlap and everyone really wants to eat there.

Really you should be happy that they moved it back to 180+10. Much fewer people are trying to make reservations that far out than were at the 90+10. You would still have the same problems under last years system and with even more competition for reservations.

Wow! I thought my job kept my mind more than just averagely stimulated. However, I think you guys may just have the upper edge on that one! :rotfl2:

Really you should be happy that they moved it back to 180+10. Much fewer people are trying to make reservations that far out than were at the 90+10. You would still have the same problems under last years system and with even more competition for reservations.

Exactly! Thank goodness Disney switched back to 180+10.

We had to use the 90+10 on our last trip and we did NOT like it! We were unable to get several ADR's like usual.

Wow! I thought my job kept my mind more than just averagely stimulated. However, I think you guys may just have the upper edge on that one! :rotfl2:

Too funny! What do you do? I'm a teacher and I constantly analyze data, plan, worry, plan some more. Basically I over think everything!

Too funny! What do you do? I'm a teacher and I constantly analyze data, plan, worry, plan some more. Basically I over think everything!

Just to muddy the waters further ...

Using the online system, I was able to book all my dining reservations using the first part of my "split stay". I say that in quotes because I didn't really even have a split stay - I had 2 nights at one resort, 4 nights on the Disney Wonder, and then 3 nights at another resort (none of which were connected in any way at all, from Disney's standpoint). And I booked all my ADRs, using the 180 + 10 based on the first resorts' stay.

So I don't think it's true that you can't book them all for a split stay. A CM may say that on the phone, but do them online and I think you will be able to.

As to the other part about not being able to book while others can -- well that's just the way it is. And you will be booking when others aren't able to yet that are arriving after you. That part is just not worth getting stressed over - it's just the way it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter