Not so scary Halloween worth it?

DVC numbie

Earning My Ears
I have a 3 year old, so of course she doesn’t stay up past 10 much. I was just wondering if paying for the no so scary Halloween ticket is worth it if you aren’t there all night?

With a 3 year old - I’d say NO - $100 each for a couple hours to me is too much.

I imagine if your child is like mine was at that age, if you push too hard one day then the next day is crabby. So while you may have enjoyed the Halloween Party for a few hours one night, the end result is the next day not being as enjoyable for the family...

For me, it wouldn't be worth it. The party has gotten so popular that it's typically crowded and the lines for meet and greets are really long so if you only have a few hours....I'd wait until she was a bit older and could last little longer.

Thanks for the responses. Of course in all good marriages my wife makes the decisions so now I know that if we go I should probably plan a pool day for the next day and take it easy. Or wait tell she is older. Either way thanks for the advice

Only way its worth it is if she "has" to see a specific charter. There are certain characters only at that party. Then it comes down to personal preference because its a TON of money to meet a single charter.

We passed which was a good thing our 2 year old didn't miss out on something they didn't know existed.

if you were going to the event, but not to the park earlier in the day, do you have to pay for a park ticket in addition to the Party ticket?

We brought ours when they were younger and they made it through the first parade and loved it, but those were the days when it was much less crowded, 7 or 8 years ago. We returned again, 2 years ago, with our last child while she was 2 and we couldn't even get her high enough to see the parade through the crowd. I was so disappointed. All the other kids and I randomly break out into the Boo to You song once in awhile and she'll never get to appreciate that because we have decided to wait until they are older and can make it though to the second parade.

It's really such a shame because when it was just a little less crowded, you could line up only about a half an hour before the parade and be able to see it. Also, back then the characters used to give out candy which was also cool. The kids will never forget when Goofy handed them all lollipops!

I'm never one to complain, but I really would wait on this one.

have the dates for this upcoming year been released yet? we want to go for the first one....never done it before....right now we are booked for a short trip from 8/12-8/16 I saw the other day that the first party was the 13th but i didnt know if it was official.

thanks!

have the dates for this upcoming year been released yet? we want to go for the first one....never done it before....right now we are booked for a short trip from 8/12-8/16 I saw the other day that the first party was the 13th but i didnt know if it was official.

thanks!
The dates have not been officially announced yet.

I have a 3 year old, so of course she doesn’t stay up past 10 much. I was just wondering if paying for the no so scary Halloween ticket is worth it if you aren’t there all night?
We went to the MNSSHP in 2013 and we were travelling with a two and four year old at the time. We all still got to trick or treat, dressed-up and enjoyed ourselves until the kids got tired and we went to the hotel. It's was a great experience, even if we didn't stay until the end.

We went when 8 years ago when my son was 5 and it was great! Easy to get front row spot for second parade and no lines. Returned a few years ago and it was crazy! Disney has ruined what used to be a great thing by selling way to many tickets for each night.

I think it is worth it. We did it several years ago when our daughters were in middle school. It is fun. Even though you have a younger one, it is still really fun for the parents too (or at least I thought so). Like anything Disney, they do it right. No detail spared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter