(Not so) Secret Squirrel - A Halloween 2013 PTR

Look what arrived today... :yay::yay:

Olivia doesn't know I've ordered this so I'm going to give it to her on the Eurostar on the way! She's going to love it and it's so nice having it in its own bag, one less thing for Mummy to carry! :thumbsup2

That's is fab Helen, had to comment
I want/ need for the twins.:):)
Did you get off eBay ??
X

That's is fab Helen, had to comment
I want/ need for the twins.:):)
Did you get off eBay ??
X

Yeah, I'll send you a message with the sellers details. It came from the US but arrived really quickly. I am so impressed with it! :)

12 Days to go!

Time is going too quickly! I could really do with it slowing down a bit but there's no chance of that.

This morning I made a list of all the things I need to print off before the trip, it's crazy the amount of paperwork I need. My list contains:

• Travel Insurance Policy
  • Copy of Marriage Cert (Tripped is booked in my maiden name, but my shareholders card is my married name, so just in case they want ID I'm taking a copy of my marriage certificate)
  • Travelodge Confirmation
  • Eurostar Confirmation
  • Disneyland Booking Confirmation
  • Wild West Show Tickets
  • Meal Plan

I think that's everything? If you can think of anything else I'm missing, please let me know!

Next job to do... start packing & get euros!

8 days to go! :banana::woohoo:

Not much of an update really since my last post. I was away this weekend visiting friends in Bristol, so I'm feeling a bit behind on the packing/planning than I'd like to be.

33 hours left of the working week (not that I'm counting!)! After that, it's going to be all systems, GO! GO! GO!

I'm still not sure what to pack as the weather is changing daily - today it says the five days will be dry but a bit colder than it was showing last week, between 8-10C most days.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really need to pack light on this trip. With it just being DD and I, I just won't be able to carry anything too big and too heavy and definitely couldn't bring more than one case. Maybe I could just get DD to wear about 20 layers on the way there and back.. that would help! :rotfl:

If anyone has any tips on packing light, please share them! I'm so bad - we normally bring two BIG suitcases for a trip.

8 days to go! :banana::woohoo:

Not much of an update really since my last post. I was away this weekend visiting friends in Bristol, so I'm feeling a bit behind on the packing/planning than I'd like to be.

33 hours left of the working week (not that I'm counting!)! After that, it's going to be all systems, GO! GO! GO!

I'm still not sure what to pack as the weather is changing daily - today it says the five days will be dry but a bit colder than it was showing last week, between 8-10C most days.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really need to pack light on this trip. With it just being DD and I, I just won't be able to carry anything too big and too heavy and definitely couldn't bring more than one case. Maybe I could just get DD to wear about 20 layers on the way there and back.. that would help! :rotfl:

If anyone has any tips on packing light, please share them! I'm so bad - we normally bring two BIG suitcases for a trip.

Weather not looking to bad really we had snow exactly a year ago this Saturday ( only remember *** it's my bday and it's never snowed before on it)
Packing light not my thing either a nice man once carried one of my cases off a train up to edinburgh he said god that's heavy what you got in there :blush:
Only my make up and hair stuff I wasn't lying :rolleyes1.
That's why I like traveling on trains no weighing your bags like airports !!.
What about taking half as many clothes and a bottle of febreze ?
X

Jebus Helen you're so more organised than I am - currently sorted out the meal plan today (first time in years there will be four of us, but managed to get some fab meals on our planner.
We leave Saturday morning......haven't even thought about the ferry yet (we're driving and usually roll up and book 10 mins before as we're only that far away haha!)
Just about remembered to try and get a dress for DD for the party though, but I have spider hair clips for me ;)

Weather not looking to bad really we had snow exactly a year ago this Saturday ( only remember *** it's my bday and it's never snowed before on it)
Packing light not my thing either a nice man once carried one of my cases off a train up to edinburgh he said god that's heavy what you got in there :blush:
Only my make up and hair stuff I wasn't lying :rolleyes1.
That's why I like traveling on trains no weighing your bags like airports !!.
What about taking half as many clothes and a bottle of febreze ?
X

That's a good idea! I think I can probably do that for mine - but DD can be so essy, I'm worried if I don't pack enough clothes for her she'll end up walking around in chocolate covered clothes by day 3 !

:rotfl::rotfl2:
Are you all set?!
You must be so excited! xx

I wouldn't say all set, but definitely getting there! I am very very excited! :cutie:

Jebus Helen you're so more organised than I am - currently sorted out the meal plan today (first time in years there will be four of us, but managed to get some fab meals on our planner.
We leave Saturday morning......haven't even thought about the ferry yet (we're driving and usually roll up and book 10 mins before as we're only that far away haha!)
Just about remembered to try and get a dress for DD for the party though, but I have spider hair clips for me ;)

Haha - I don't feel that organised, but maybe that's just because I can't actually relax until I'm actually there! I'm very jealous of your extra long trip, that's going to be so amazing!

Alex is like that never clean doesn't matter what he eats he gets it everywhere :sad1:.
We are going to edinburgh at the beginning of December and I have bought some rainy day trousers for the twins they are not to heavy but have a bit of a lining will keep them enough worn over jeans.
They will just wipe clean so save taking clean for everyday (i hope).
I will use them when we go to disney to they where only £5.99 from lidl.
Cheap as chips.
Bet dd super excited :banana:
Rachael x

Alex is like that never clean doesn't matter what he eats he gets it everywhere :sad1:.
We are going to edinburgh at the beginning of December and I have bought some rainy day trousers for the twins they are not to heavy but have a bit of a lining will keep them enough worn over jeans.
They will just wipe clean so save taking clean for everyday (i hope).
I will use them when we go to disney to they where only £5.99 from lidl.
Cheap as chips.
Bet dd super excited :banana:
Rachael x

That's what Olivia needs - wipe clean clothing! :rotfl2:

I am going to start packing tonight - the weather is still looking ok, so will try and just pack one or two jumpers and the rest we can just layer if it gets cold!

6 days to go!!

Today I've been very productive in getting all of the documentation that I need to bring for the trip printed out!

Whilst printing out our Eurostar tickets, i remembered that I have booked us into Standard Premier on the way there and back - and that DD and I have a little table for two! I could have sworn I only did it one way so that was a pleasant surprise! :yay:

Tonight I'm going to asda to buy DD a few long sleeved tops and hopefully get a few bits for me too, then I can start packing! :dance3:

So exciting - for me thats when its all real - when all the bits are printed and all you have to do is spend a while packing away the clothes and things! Its great then you can relax once all those things are done :yay:
Great surprise :thumbsup2

So exciting - for me thats when its all real - when all the bits are printed and all you have to do is spend a while packing away the clothes and things! Its great then you can relax once all those things are done :yay:
Great surprise :thumbsup2

Relax? What's this word you speak of? :rotfl2: I never relax until I'm actually there!

Tonight while I should have been packing, I have instead been ordered to practise DDs dalmation make-up! Here's the first attempt:

I need to buy a better black as it's more grey at the moment! Another thing to add to the shopping list!

How cute does Olivia look :goodvibes
Hope your up to date on your packing ;).
Have a great trip and take loads of photos of the party I want to show my bf, as this time next year we will be on our way to disney.
I have my fingers crossed that you get good weather.
Rachael
Xx

So much for packing light, I started off with my smallest case - no chance, moved onto the middle size case - could have squeezed it all in, but no room for gifts, so onto the large suitcase - it's actually almost full! Oops!

We are just about to head up to London where we will spend the night in the Royal Scot Travelodge ahead of tomorrow's Eurostar.

I have a very excited little girl and an equally excited me! :lmao:

We've arrived at the hotel! It's crazy how quickly the past few weeks have gone, I feel like it's gone from being months away to actually being here!

Despite my meticulous planning early on, I now feel like I've rushed the packing and have probably forgotten loads!

Most of all though, I am super, super, super excited!

Those of you that read my previous pre/trip reports will know that DD never gets to sleep the night before our trips! She's really tired today after a busy day out with her friend so I have my fingers and toes crossed that she falls asleep ok tonight!

Just catching up with this - hope you have a great time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter