Nov 2018

Happy to find this thread so I know I am not crazy to be booking this far out :jumping1:
We are going this November which is am in the thick of planning for now, but I have asked my MIL to do a shorter trip in November 2018 with my daughter and me. Husband is staying home! He loves Disney, but I can't convince him to go every year and taking my MIL will cut down the cost for us and make her very happy. I just booked POP! We have never stayed there, but I am looking forward to the new rooms and hopefully staying in the 60's building. Going 11/13-11/17. We will do 3 full days in the parks (probably only MK and AK) and we will do MVMCP one night! Can't wait!!!

I've been lurking here for a little bit but finally decided to join. My first post is in this thread ... because we're going to be going to Disney World in November 2018, like you guys! We're thinking the week after Thanksgiving, but it's not 100% yet (mostly because the pricing isn't even out that far in advance). So much to do and think about but I'm getting excited already. I haven't been in many years, and this will be our first time taking the kids (who will be 8 and 5 at the time of this trip) so we're hoping to make it as magical as possible.

I've been lurking here for a little bit but finally decided to join. My first post is in this thread ... because we're going to be going to Disney World in November 2018, like you guys! We're thinking the week after Thanksgiving, but it's not 100% yet (mostly because the pricing isn't even out that far in advance). So much to do and think about but I'm getting excited already. I haven't been in many years, and this will be our first time taking the kids (who will be 8 and 5 at the time of this trip) so we're hoping to make it as magical as possible.

Welcome to the DIS. :disrocks:

We just started planning our Nov 2018 trip! This will be our 2nd time. We went in March this year and are hooked already. I know this will be my obsession for the next year+. Yay!

We are booked at BWI for 11/24/18-12/02/18.

By the time the trip gets here it will be just over 6 years since we have been to Disney World. We did go to Disneyland last year for Halloween and my granddaughter's 3rd birthday. She will be 5 for the next trip.
I have been once during this time period but the rest of my family has never been for Christmas decorations and of course my granddaughter has never been to Disney World.

We are beyond excited!

We will be there Thanksgiving week, November 16-23rd, camping in our travel trailer at Fort Wilderness. It will be myself, DH, DD9, and our two dogs. My birthday is on Thanksgiving Day next year so that will be fun to celebrate at Disney. We went the same week last year and the parks were of course crazy busy, so we will probably spend most of our time at the Fort - there is so much to do there. DD will be 9 then, so she'll be old enough to do the horseback riding which she's been dying to do.

Planning for November 2018. Most likely November 24-Dec 1. This has been a long wait for us! We went 5 times between 2007 and 2014 and now a 4 year wait! So we're excited to finally be planning again. We'll be staying at the Poly. We'll be traveling with my sister, BIL and my niece for her first trip. She'll be 2 1/2 and my teenagers can't wait to show her the World!

We are planning November 24-Dec 1 2018. We are hoping to do Boardwalk Villa's by using David's DVC Rentals site. We have never done that so I am super anxious about it, but it is my mom's dream resort. And since it is getting harder for my mom and dad to keep up with us at Disney she thinks this may be their last full week with us. They have joined my husband, kids and I for 3 other trips so my boys only know Disney with them there. I want to make it super special. Already have a list of little things to do with them to make it just that. We did the week before Thanksgiving in 2015 and loved it but really want to see Holiday's Around the World in Epcot so I am super psyched about it. Looking forward to Pandora and Toy Story Land and the new Star Wars stuff that opened the week after our last trip, Launch Bay, the photo opportunities etc. I really cannot wait! :)

We plan on being there! Nothing booked yet - have to get thru this Thanksgiving's trip first! Next year we are planning on returning to late October/Early November to get both MNSSHP and the Wine and Dine races in.

That sounds like a great plan to help keep the costs down. We've done that a few times! We just stayed at Pop for the first time 2 weeks ago and I fell in love :cloud9: So I vote for Pop if you do decide to do a split stay :teeth:
I agree about POP we have always stayed deluxe or moderate until this past May. We planned a 6 day unexpected trip and stayed at POP. DD loved it so much she wants to stay again. I really liked it too especially the savings ;)

Just booked November 24th-December 1st (looks like a popular week for us Dis people) We haven't stayed onsite since our 2008 trip, after that we discovered and fell in love with Bonnet Creek. However this time we decided to make the long drive down from Canada with our travel trailer and are staying at Fort Wilderness! I'm actually so excited to stay there and since the Fort books up quick I booked now. Seems absolutely crazy to be planning this far out, our last trip this past January we decided with less then two months out to go and planned everything last minute as far as disney planning goes and me had a fantastic trip. Our travelling party is to include me, Dh, dd12, dd16 and her boyfriend also 16 (if they don't break up before then, lol!) it's been almost two years now so the chances are good that he'll still be around :) He has never been before so it will be fun to share the Disney magic with a newbie!

We might be going around the same week as everyone else here, week after Thanksgiving! We are still trying to decide between then or October, the week before Halloween. Hoping this planning group will help me decide! ;) I have been to WDW at both these times. October was on my honeymoon in 2008 and Nov 2006. Both times were amazing! Weather was great. Crowds were great. This trip will be me, DH, DD8 & DS6. We will be driving from NJ. Staying at All Star Music. Since it has been awhile since I've been there in Nov. how are the crowds and weather? Besides the MVMCP, Santa's around the world in Epcot, and things displayed at other resorts, what are other Christmasy things to do or see? Also, are there ever any discounts out at this time? Free dining? Room only? Thanks everyone and happy planning!!!

Anyone noticing lower availability at the deluxes? Some don't have any standard views (BW, Poly, WL, YC) left which is crazy 14 months ahead.

We're looking at 11/2-11/11. We initially were going to do August again but we want to see some decorations and avoid the heat and hurricane season. It'll just be myself and DD12.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the chances are of getting Free Dining the week after Thanksgiving next year? Our dates are Nov. 24-Dec. 1, 2018. I know quite a few who got it for that time this year. Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Me!!! Planning my 30th birthday, and will be traveling Nov 27-Dec 11th! Three days in DL and the rest at WDW. Has anyone booked their resort yet?

We are planning to go for a girls' trip the week after Thanksgiving, 11/27 to 12/3/18, just two cousins (newbies) and my daughter and I. Looking forward to showing our cousins Disney and how it is done! We are staying at Pop, but have not booked yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!