Nov 8-13 Dining Reviews

DisneyHardin

DIS Veteran
I had grand plans of taking tons of pictures of our food and doing a big, in depth dining review, but I forgot to take pictures of most everything. So - I am just going to do a quick run down of where/what we ate. Feel free to ask any questions.

The trip was my (44) and my husband (45) - we are pretty plain eaters. We stayed at The Yacht Club, Club Level.

Tuesday - Nov. 8, 2022
*We arrived at the hotel about noon. Our room wasn't ready yet, but we went into the lounge for a quick snack. DH had a pastry of some kind and I had my first ever Uncrustable (I LOVED it and will most likely be buying some for home :-) )
*After stowing out suitcases with Bell Services, we headed to Epcot for a 2 PM ADR at Biergarten. We were seated quickly, but waited and waited and waited for a server. We finally flagged down a different server and she went off to find our server. We were randomly our server's only table in that area and she didn't even know we had been seated. Her not being in our section made our service less than stellar. The food was good - I was really tired and starting to not feel well, so I definitely didn't eat $50 worth of food, but what I had was good. The pretzel rolls are my favorite.
*In the early evening, we went to the Club Level lounge and had a few appetizers - the chicken tacos were my favorite that night.
*We then had 7:30 dinner reservations at Ale & Compass. We both had burgers and they were delicious.

Wednesday - Nov. 8, 2022
*We had breakfast in the Club Lounge - The oatmeal was my favorite thing they had out. There were pastries, bagels, toast, an egg frittata, yogurt, and other things that I am forgetting.
*We went to Magic Kingdom and had had a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. This was our first time here and we really enjoyed it. The salad was refreshing, the meats and mashed potatoes were great. We didn't much like the green beans -they tasted really salty. The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake was the highlight of the meal.
*We had dinner at Cape May. We've been there several times before and it was good. It's not the best seafood around, but for a buffet, it was pretty good. I really liked the deserts. I feel like there was more of a desert selection than in years past.

Thursday - Nov. 9, 2022
*Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, we were pretty much stuck at the hotel for the day. We had breakfast at Ale & Compass. I had the Chocolate Waffles - they were good, but a little too much sweetness for breakfast. DH did the traditional breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. He didn't really like the potatoes too much. We also did the buffet add on - the pastries and biscuits/gravy were delicious.
*The weather started to clear up about lunchtime, so we headed down to Hurricane Hannah's and had lunch. I had an order of onion rings and DH had the burger and fries. Both were really good.
*We had dinner at Big River Grille. This was probably my least favorite meal of the trip. I accidentally had our ADR time wrong and we got there about 45 minutes early and they weren't able to get us in early, so we had to sit quite a while. The restaurant was very small and VERY loud. I had the Southwest Chicken Salad - it was good, but huge. I only ate maybe 1/3 of it. DH had the Mahi Mahi sandwich with chips and he really enjoyed it.

Friday - Nov. 10, 2022
*We did breakfast in the Club Lounge.
*We went back to Epcot and just snacked our way through the Food and Wine booths. I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't really have much, but DH tried lots of things. Some of his favorites were the lambchop from Australia and the sausage from Ireland. I had a Mickey Pretzel for my lunch.
*We had a late (8:30) ADR at Steakhouse 71. It was a fantastic experience. We got there early and had a drink at the bar - the bartenders were all fantastic. For our dinner, we started with the onion rings and they were good. For our dinners, we both had the NY strip - Dh had his with mashed potatoes and I had mine with mac & Cheese. The steaks were cooked really well, but didn't really have much seasoning. We ordered the 15 layer chocolate cake and it was great, but we were so full, we only had a few bites (but we took the rest back to the hotel and ate it the next day).

Saturday - Nov. 11, 2022
*We went back to Ale & Compass for breakfast. I had the Mickey Waffles this time and they were wonderful. Dh did the traditional breakfast again, but subbed the potatoes for some sausage links (they charged a $1.49 upcharge for this, but he said it was worth it).
*We spend the day at Disney Springs. We had an early lunch at Jock Lindsay's. We shared the wings and a side of fries. Both were outstanding -we got the bbq sauce on our wings and it was great, but super messy.
*For dinner we at at Homecomin' and it was as fantastic as always. We wanted the gator bites for an appetizer, but they were out of those, so we had the chicken biscuits and they great (we'd had them before and they were just as good as last time). For our meal, we shared the country fried steak. It was really good, but a huge portion - even with sharing it, we didn't finish it.

Sunday - Nov 12, 2022
*We had breakfast in the Club Lounge again.
*We headed back to Magic Kingdom for a few hours until we had to head to the airport. We got some Cheeseburger Spring Rolls - these things are like crack - I could have eaten about 10 of them.
*We went back to the hotel and had burgers/fries from Hurricane Hannah's before going to the airport. They were really good - for QS burgers, they were well cooked.

Thanks for reading!!

Thanks for taking the time to review . Staying at YC in May . So you would recommend Ale and Compass ?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to review . Staying at YC in May . So you would recommend Ale and Compass ?

We really liked Ale & Compass. It isn't nearly as fancy/prestigious as some of the other resort restaurants, but the food was excellent and the service was very good all 3 times we ate there. It's the perfect place for when you want a sit down meal, but don't want to travel from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter