Nov17: Shhh…Don’t Tell the Kids , Husband or Podiatrist

Saturday, November 4th
Animal Kingdom & runDisney Expo
FP-Navi River, Killimanjaro Safari & Kali River Rapids
ADR-Tiffins River of Lights Package

Now with the runDisney Expo and the Wine & Dine Half marathon in the mix I am going to have to rethink my Saturday plans. I know that it is going to be either late night or early morning when I arrive on Friday/Saturday and I should sleep in…but who sleeps in when it’s your first day at Walt Disney World and you are ready to make it the…

best.jpg

I will get up early and make my way to Animal Kingdom for Early Magic Hours (aka tackling Pandora before the crowds)…

pan.jpg

I probably should put a disclaimer in right now, I am NOT an Avatar fan (yes, I saw the movie, eh) and I could think of so much more that Disney could have done with the expansion of Animal Kingdom, maybe a REAL DISNEY movie like Pocahontas, Bambi or Brother Bear would have been nice additions and focus on the animals of America. Okay back to my plans now that I probably have offended someone following along with my PTR. All displeasure set aside I do have a bucket list of NEW EXPERIENCES that I want to accomplish at Animal Kingdom on this trip.

collage.jpg

New Experiences:
1. Eat at Satu’li Canteen and try Mobile Ordering (so much of the menu has peaked my inner wanna be foodie and mobile ordering sounds so easy and fast).
2. Explore Pandora both during the day and at night.
3. Ride both the Flight of Passage and Na’Vi River Journey.
4. Be armed with a poncho and finally ride Kali River Rapids (did I mention I hate being wet and have a huge distain for amusement park water).
5. Eat at Tiffins.
6. See Rivers of Light and Tree of Life Awakenings.
7. Earn a few badges with the Wilderness Explorer Program.

I really like how my first day has come together…

I probably should put a disclaimer in right now, I am NOT an Avatar fan (yes, I saw the movie, eh)

Definitely NOT offended, here! I can't even make it through Avatar, though I've tried SEVERAL times :crazy2: I'm still excited to see what they've done here.

I can't wait to see the all new Animal Kingdom…which is so weird because just maybe 4-5 years ago, this was my least favorite park. It may just be number 2 for me now :-)

Definitely NOT offended, here! I can't even make it through Avatar, though I've tried SEVERAL times :crazy2: I'm still excited to see what they've done here.

I can't wait to see the all new Animal Kingdom…which is so weird because just maybe 4-5 years ago, this was my least favorite park. It may just be number 2 for me now :-)

While I think Avatar is a stupid waste of park space I can appreciate what the Disney Imagineers have done bringing the place to life. And I want to see if Disney has finally topped Universal's Harry Potter rides...which is going to be REALLY HARD, I just don't see FOP as great at Forbidden Journey (of course there I am flying with my beloved Ron).

I totally plan to sit down and watch Avatar again before I go, just so I can remember the story line. It was on cable and I DVRed i a few weeks ago.

You know it is really hard for me to pick a favorite park...I love them all for different things. I don't get when people say Animal Kingdom is a half day park...I have never been able to do a half day there and now with Avatar I am trying to figure out if I can even do it in a full day. I think it is one of the most beautiful places!

Get to explaining girl! :rotfl2:

I do, but I also think the experience there is totally different then that at WDW. My husband prefers the World to the Land. He did not care in the least we went without him to CA! LOL! But it's sm aller so if you're there during a crowded time (we were there MLK day and it was packed!) then I think it does have a different feel. I haven't had any experiences though with lack of magic or rude people really, at least not any more than I would experience at Disney World. Having my mom with me though in January...that made for an interesting trip... :rotfl:

As much as I do social media personally I always have a hard time with my presence work wise as I feel repetitive or uninspired a lot. Or life gets the better of me! I need to do better at posting for sure!

I am sure part of the whole problem with DL is that I was with my boys...husband included who for the life of me decided he was going to Starbucks right at Rope Drop on the very first day. I have come to love my girls trip and forgot that my family is not commando! I also just felt so unprepared and uninspired for this trip. But rude behavior just goes all over me!

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry you had such a bad trip :sad1: What time of year did you go? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I have been obsessively listening to Michael Bowling on the Connecting With Walt and Disneyland at 60 podcasts and it's REALLY increasing my obsession with DL. If I ever get there, I would like to spend a bunch of time just examining the park, maybe take a couple tours. I'm so fascinated by Walt Disney and all he did, and by extension, his brother Roy. I would LOVE to go back to where it all started :love:

We went midMarch and NOT expecting 90 degree temps...I love all the things about DL and Walt Disney too! I think my next trip I am going to be more about that aspect than trying to figure out how the park operates so I can tell "friends." I really need to go back now with this whole new FP system!

I probably should put a disclaimer in right now, I am NOT an Avatar fan (yes, I saw the movie, eh)

I have a confession: I have never seen Avatar. Could care less. I kind of still wonder why that's what they chose to expand DAK with. That being said, I'm still excited to see the theming and ride the rides. And the restaurant looks interesting too. Maybe we'll eat lunch there.

maybe a REAL DISNEY movie like Pocahontas, Bambi or Brother Bear would have been nice additions and focus on the animals of America.
That's actually a really great idea. While, I don't dislike the thought of Avatar (never seen the movie), I do agree that some more appropriate should have been done.

Love all the things on your bucket list. Hope you get to them all.

Sunday, November 5
Wine & Dine Half plus Epcot and Post Race Party (pm)
FP: Mission Space
ADR: None

Disney-Wine-Dine.jpg

This will be a really EARLY morning with the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I like to be on the first bus from the resort that way I can do the character picture, have time to relax and get to the front the corral. I am pretty sure I am going to need to be as close to the front of which ever corral I am placed in (since I was not able to submit a time), but I am not doing the challenge this year and this is not my first runDisney event should help with the placement. I am hoping to be at least in the second to last corral (I need as much buffer between me and my fear of latex and bicycle spokes).

30459-82303_151015224152.jpg

I expect to be finished and be on the bus way around 10 am headed back to POP. I need to make sure that I get a late checkout that morning so I have time to shower & change before sending my luggage to Coronado Springs Resort (I am considering getting an Uber and taking my stuff over myself so I know it is there when I get the check in text)

Disneys Coronado Springs Resort 1.jpg

Before getting myself on the bus to Epcot to let the eating and drinking binge

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_31009.jpg
I just love this year's signage! So fun!!

commence and use that 1 FP I booked for Mission Space! I am hoping that Mr. Grumpy’s cousin’s daughter is working so I can say hi…She is on the Disney college program this semester and works in Epcot. There is also going to be a few runDisney friends that I hope to meet up with sometime during the day! I would like to try to find Remy and do an Agent P Mission along the way. I also have never done the Chase Cardmember Meet n Greet, so I might go check it out!

As soon as I get the text that my room is ready I will leave Epcot to settle in, explore and nap/swim. I saw on the calendar where Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is scheduled for 6:45 pm, so I am thinking of seeing it before making my way back to Epcot the Wine & Dine Half Marathon after party…my intention is to close the park down. No plans except to see illuminations one last time with a glass of bubbly in my hands and a very full tummy….

collage.jpg

New Experiences Bucket List
1. New Eats & Drinks at the Food & Wine Festival
2. Refurbished Mission Space
3. Closing Up Epcot
4. Chase Cardmember Meet & Greet
5. Coronado Springs Resort
6. Agent P Mission
7. Find Remy
8. Star Wars Galactic Spectacular

I have a confession: I have never seen Avatar. Could care less. I kind of still wonder why that's what they chose to expand DAK with. That being said, I'm still excited to see the theming and ride the rides. And the restaurant looks interesting too. Maybe we'll eat lunch there.

I think the Avatar has a lot to do with the whole "save our planet" ideology and how bad we humans are...sheesh! I just want to go to Disney and not be preached at even if it is underhanded. Who even remembers Avatar now...I know they are supposed to come out with a new one...but really.

That's actually a really great idea. While, I don't dislike the thought of Avatar (never seen the movie), I do agree that some more appropriate should have been done.

Love all the things on your bucket list. Hope you get to them all.

I am crossing my fingers too that I get them all done! Funny, I am trying to go NON COMMANDO but here I am with a huge bucket list...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think the Avatar has a lot to do with the whole "save our planet" ideology and how bad we humans are...sheesh! I just want to go to Disney and not be preached at even if it is underhanded. Who even remembers Avatar now...I know they are supposed to come out with a new one...but really.

I guess that makes sense. But still. If it weren't new and supposed to be amazing I don't think I'd care much. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

Funny, I am trying to go NON COMMANDO but here I am with a huge bucket list...

You crack me up!

I am hoping to be at least in the second to last corral (I need as much buffer between me and my fear of latex and bicycle spokes).
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just love this year's signage! So fun!!
It is super cute

As soon as I get the text that my room is ready I will leave Epcot to settle in, explore and nap/swim. I saw on the calendar where Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is scheduled for 6:45 pm, so I am thinking of seeing it before making my way back to Epcot the Wine & Dine Half Marathon after party…my intention is to close the park down. No plans except to see illuminations one last time with a glass of bubbly in my hands and a very full tummy….
This sounds like a really fun day. Good luck on the race.

You have been warned this is a whine filled post and not the kind of wine I wish!

I am really struggling getting back into this running thing, between the hormone induced shin splints (thank you mother nature) and now the hip I just don't know if this race is going to happen. On a good note, my Achilles seems to be holding up well despite everything else. I have basically skipped my 2x a week short runs, mainly because of weather either it has been way too hot in the evening or this week the temperature is perfect but it has rained all week...I have also skipped them for fear of further injury. My left hip now is mainly the issue and doing some cold electric shock treatments on it. I just can't seem to win! I am not sure what to do about this weekend. I need to rest but I also need to work on my intervals too...

Last Saturday I did build up to 10.5 miles and while the pace is AWFUL considering last year at the time I was hitting PRs...my pace is barely enough to keep me from being swept if I have a couple of corrals head start at mile 9.

There was a lot of buzz yesterday about the release of the permit map on Facebook...if this is truly the course it is going to be AWESOME and the last hard sweep will probably be around mile 11 right outside of DHS. So I have to make it there...corrals hopefully should be up in a few days too...I need to look up when they were released last year.

35 Days till Disney, 35 Food & Wine Booths To Go
Active Eats

images (2).jpg

In my PTR reports (and sometimes in my TR) I like to do some type of countdown. For this trip I am going to take a closer look at the menus of the 35 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths (Why 35? To Celebrate Epcot’s 35 Years) and tell you what I am planning to sample and sip. My goal is to attempt to sample (but not sip, because I am not a beer or dry wine gal) something at each booth, which for some booths is way too easy because I want the entire menu and others I just want to bypass!

Food:
· Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $4.75
· Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri (GF) – $5.50,
· Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake and Tortilla Streusel – $3.75, Vegetarian

Beverages:
· M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Cucumber & Lemon Lime Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL – $4.00
· Chateau Ste. Michelle Cold Creek Riesling, Washington – $6.00
· Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley – $6.00

Active Eats is new this year, but there is a repeat performance from last year’s F&W, the Loaded Mac & Cheese from the Farm Fresh Market. It was on the top of my list to try last year, but I was extremely disappointed as the green onions totally over powered the dish. It was also not as appealing looking as in the promotional pictures was like an ice cream scoop of mush in the cardboard serving boat. Maybe if it looks better this year, then I might be tempted to try it again because I love mac & cheese!

crema.jpg 35 hard cider.jpg

My plan is to go with the Sweet Avocado Crema, I must admit that it has peaked my curiosity and interest. I might try the Hard Sparkling water (I need to a little more research because I have not seen any opinions on this adult beverage).

What about you?

Last edited:
34 Days till Disney, 34 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Africa

In my PTR reports (and sometimes in my TR) I like to do some type of countdown. For this trip I am going to take a closer look at the menus of the 35 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths (Why 35? To Celebrate Epcot’s 35 Years) and tell you what I am planning to sample and sip. My goal is to attempt to sample (but not sip, because I am not a beer or dry wine gal) something at each booth, which for some booths is way too easy because I want the entire menu and others I just want to bypass!

Food:
· Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF)
· Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
· Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket with Mint Raita

Beverages:
· Ernie Els “Big Easy” Chenin Blanc, Western Cape
· Simonsig Pinotage, Stellenbosch
· Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz, Western Cape
· Wine Flight

34.jpg

I am BEYOND disappointed that the Butter Chicken is not returning this year, but it does force me into that whole NEW EXPERIENCES mantra that I have set as a goal for this trip. So looking at the menu and searching FB opinions I am going with the Beef Tips (this is a Texas girl who loves her beef) manly because it has Pap and I love the African “grits”. For my sip I think I might go with the Wine Flight to branch out a little.

33 Days till Disney, 33 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Almond Orchard

Food:
· Cauliflower Risotto with Pulled Chicken, Artichokes, Spinach and Parmesan Cheese and Aged Balsamic
· Fire-roasted Tomato Hummus topped with Blue Diamond Salt & Vinegar Almonds and served with Blue Diamond Nut Thins®
· Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Crunchy Chocolate Oats

Beverages:
· Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin “Yellow Label” Brut
· Dom Pérignon Brut
· Moët & Chandon Brut Rosé Imperial
· Strawberry Smoothie made with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Almondmilk (Non-Alcoholic

33.jpg 33b.jpg 33c.jpg
I am sad to see the cranberry bog go this year and wish that is was still around because nothing goes better with cranberries than almonds! I am having a really hard time deciding what to eat here because the menu looks great! More than likely my sweet tooth will win out and I will go with the sundae but then again the hummus looks yummy, too. As for a sip my goal is to grab a glass of brut to toast my last viewing of illuminations…I have to admit that I am really not sorry to see it go and be replaced!

32 Days till Disney, 32 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Australia

Food:
· Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)
· Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF)
· Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut

Beverages:
· Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale
· Robert Oatley McLaren Vale Shiraz
· Hope Estate “Wollombi Brook” Semillon, Hunter Valley

32.jpg

Last year I went with the shrimp (which just the smell was enough to win you over in this selection). I also had the lamington, but was really not that impressed although every blog you read raves about it. It just reminded me of one those hostess cupcakes with coconut…and it was very dry. I regretted not getting the lamb, so this year the lamb is going to win. As for drinks, I wanted the Kim Crawford Shiraz last year but they never had it available…always running out so this year I will try Robert Oatley Shiraz.

What about you?

31 Days till Disney, 31 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Belgium

images (2).jpg

Food:
· Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
· Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
· Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream

Beverages:
· Hoegaarden Witbier
· Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale
· Stella Artois Hard Cidre
· Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
· Beer Flight

31.jpg
Why can’t they seem to update this menu? I have had the Belgian waffles, and yes they are yummy but so uninspired! I think I might try the beef (since I am sure that I will get my sweet fill at other booths). As for drinks, nothing is moving me!

What about you?

30 Days till Disney, 30 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Brazil

images (2).jpg

Food:
· Escondidinho de Carne – “Little Hidden One”: Layered Meat Pie with Mashed Yucca (GF)
· Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF)
· Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF)

Beverages:
· M.I.A. Beer Company Barbosa Black Beer, Doral, FL
· Lidio Carraro Chardonnay
· Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça

30b.jpg 30a.jpg

For all my F&W visits, I have went with the Crispy Pork Belly so it is time to try something new, well maybe not new but I love Brazilian cheese bread and since the moscato is not on the menu it is the perfect time to try the Capirinha.

What about you?

The course maps were released the other day...and I am beyond excited about this course. Running through 3 parks is AMAZING...around the Boardwalk, plus I loved the backroad to Animal Kingdom last year (so glad not to see the big switch back just before getting to Animal Kingdom...I hated that part last year).

Looking at it, I need to make it to mile 11 to be "safe." I have cut out my short runs during the week because of my hip issues at the moment and only trying to put in distance during the weekend run. I am going to head out for 11-12 miles this weekend...focusing on getting to that 11 mile mark within the pacing requirements. It is so depressing to think of just trying to get to a 16 mm when last year during this weekend I had my best ever time for a half marathon and breaking under 13 mm pace...almost to the goal I had set for myself to get to a 2:45 half marathon. Sigh...

I just need to focus on finishing this race, nothing more!

map.jpg

You need to come to my pre-party meet-up on Sunday, lady! I won’t take no for an answer!

29 Days till Disney, 29 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Brewer’s Collection

images (2).jpg

Food:
· Lebkuchenherz: Decorated Gingerbread Heart

Beverages:
· Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
· Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb
· Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer
· Beer Flight

29.jpg

While I love my gingerbread, I just don’t get how this menu item fits with Brewer’s collection since Germany has a gingerbread heart too and for $7 a cookie, the answer is PASS! I did try the grapefruit beer…still beer and still a yuck for me. I am going to however try the pomegranate hoping for a maybe a better outcome!

You need to come to my pre-party meet-up on Sunday, lady! I won’t take no for an answer!

Send me the information...While I have huge social anxiety issues I would love to finally meet the lady that I hero worship from afar
on social media!

Don't make me drag you @momabaarjo

It might take that...I have really gone into a shell since all those once yummy Disney cupcakes gave me indigestion and I swore off cupcakes in any form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!