November 2017 Discount and Code watch

we stayed at Cabana Bay in May for Memorial Day weekend when Disney had no availability. We liked it but wanted a club level experience for November. It would probably be a $1K more to stay CL at a WDW resort so we may just keep our Portofino ressie.

Is universal not worth it for 13 month old? Now that I'm paying rack rate at Disney I'm thinking of doing half and half instead of the whole time at Disney. We have a dd9 and our baby. We love soarin but not big in star tours and virtual rides. I've heard there are a lot of those. Dd9 is 53 inches. Think we should stay put this year at just Disney?

So? How are the universal properties compared to wdw?
We stayed at Hard Rock Hotel. We loved it. But the rooms felt more like a "hotel" than Disney resort rooms do. I guess it was the lack of a theme. Well compared to Pop anyway. The pool is definitely "resort" feel. We plan to go back in 2018 and we plan to stay at the Hard Rock again.

Last edited:

One thing I found odd was when I tried to get the discount and the CM said she would have to break up my stays, I was told if I canceled my booking it would not go directly back into the queue for me to rebook for the same day at that exact moment. I found that odd.

It showed no discount available for my entire stay. I needed the same dates I already had but broken up in order to apply the discount to some of the days. They can't just break up one reservation so I asked if she could revise it for less and then go back in and immediately rebook the days she had to chop off. Nope. ????

So? How are the universal properties compared to wdw?

We have only stayed at Royal Pacific and I would compare it to the rooms at WL and AKL, smaller deluxe size (no balcony). The "express-line" benefit and early HP, which is included with the deluxe hotels, was great.

Is universal not worth it for 13 month old? Now that I'm paying rack rate at Disney I'm thinking of doing half and half instead of the whole time at Disney. We have a dd9 and our baby. We love soarin but not big in star tours and virtual rides. I've heard there are a lot of those. Dd9 is 53 inches. Think we should stay put this year at just Disney?

IMO there would be very little your kids could do. There is a limited kids area at IOA but the rest would be you and DH taking turns with the rides. I would wait and do MK while they are young because our kids did "outgrow it" and wanted the more "aggressive" rides like at Universal.

We now get to experience MK through the eyes of our DGS and DGD. :cloud9:

Just checked POP century for Jersey week and looks like no more regular discounts (Holiday Magic package or room only) are available. In fact the only rooms showing as available at rack rate are standard rooms. Looking more and more like the AP discounts could be a no-go that week :(

Doug :goofy:

Its almost 2 weeks since the last update to this thread..........and I understand why.:oops: The resorts available for anything continue to dwindle on the Disney website. Pretty much nothing available for the Holiday discounts, a few but not all that much. Forget about the values....o_O.....I'm really not seeing anything at all. POP has nothing!

I continue to wait for the release of the AP discounts...........but I really don't expect anything. I have a small remaining balance on my Jersey week reservations which I'm very close to closing out. :D The summer has been interesting with lower crowds (the last week of June we saw it ourselves, with the exception of Pandora). Given all this the fall may pick up........

Still no ROL Dining packages for November.........given the lack of discounts wouldn't you think those would be available?

Still stalking for Nov discounts :-)

Last edited:
Its almost 2 weeks since the last update to this thread..........and I understand why.:oops: The resorts available for anything continue to dwindle on the Disney website. Pretty much nothing available for the Holiday discounts, a few but not all that much. Forget about the values....o_O.....I'm really not seeing anything at all. POP has nothing!

I continue to wait for the release of the AP discounts...........but I really don't expect anything. I have a small remaining balance on my Jersey week reservations which I'm very close to closing out. :D The summer has been interesting with lower crowds (the last week of June we saw it ourselves, with the exception of Pandora). Given all this the fall may pick up........

Still no ROL Dining packages for November.........given the lack of discounts wouldn't you think those we be available?

Still stalking for Nov discounts :-)

I stalk everyday. At first it was about 10 times a day but now I'm starting to give up. Still owe half which isn't due until October so still holding out for a discount. At this point I'm only looking for a standard akl offer to open up so my hopes aren't too high. I never ever ever thought the day would come where I would pay rack rate with no discount.

It's been two years since our last trip to disney.........what happened. The rates are way up, and the crowds are up. We are booked for November 11-18th at the only available place for a family of six on a budget, fort wilderness cabins. So far the only discount I could mustard is 15%. Crazy. $6478 for just the cabin and tickets. Tell me something will come up???

It's been two years since our last trip to disney.........what happened. The rates are way up, and the crowds are up. We are booked for November 11-18th at the only available place for a family of six on a budget, fort wilderness cabins. So far the only discount I could mustard is 15%. Crazy. $6478 for just the cabin and tickets. Tell me something will come up???
I just ran the Ft Wilderness Cabins for your dates........I'm showing roughly $5700 for 6...........with tickets & hopper o_O. This is with the Holiday Magic package too! Showing a Lion King Suite at AoA for $5900 with tickets & hopper........no discount available with this one. @Ouida I'd go back and look again. :D

Another issue is for some reason the late fall season seems sold out this year.......now we're late in the planning for it..........ADR day has past..........FP dates are with 30-40 days out. Just seems like everything is booked this year for that timeframe.

I just ran the Ft Wilderness Cabins for your dates........I'm showing roughly $5700 for 6...........with tickets & hopper o_O. This is with the Holiday Magic package too! Showing a Lion King Suite at AoA for $5900 with tickets & hopper........no discount available with this one. @Ouida I'd go back and look again. :D

Another issue is for some reason the late fall season seems sold out this year.......now we're late in the planning for it..........ADR day has past..........FP dates are with 30-40 days out. Just seems like everything is booked this year for that timeframe.
Will look again. When I booked that was $$$$. Thanks for checking it out.

Will look again. When I booked that was $$$$. Thanks for checking it out.
Hope it works for ya! When I read your post the #'s freaked me out a bit too, that's why I looked.............plus I'm a Disney Geek. :P

I just booked an August 2018 trip to the Poly...........as of right now paying the most I've ever paid per night for a room.............hoping for a discount come April. If not we can do what I booked.......mostly because I have a year to save for it :)

Hope it works for ya! When I read your post the #'s freaked me out a bit too, that's why I looked.............plus I'm a Disney Geek. :P

I just booked an August 2018 trip to the Poly...........as of right now paying the most I've ever paid per night for a room.............hoping for a discount come April. If not we can do what I booked.......mostly because I have a year to save for it :)

Thanks very much for looking. I confirmed that my cost is $5489.14. All I can think of is something was taken off, i was playing with a dining plan. Or originally I booked at AOA. Really can't say, but after I called, I looked on my experience. Com and saw the same total. Either way, I'm happier now.

Just checked my email, and the lady I spoke with did something, as I got a confirmation email, lIke if i just booked. I hope it didn't miss with my dinning plans. Still not sure, she did say she was trying options. But it didn't work. Seems like they have the same menu we see.

Just checked my email, and the lady I spoke with did something, as I got a confirmation email, lIke if i just booked. I hope it didn't miss with my dinning plans. Still not sure, she did say she was trying options. But it didn't work. Seems like they have the same menu we see.
My advise would be don't hope they didn't or did something...........confirm it!

So glad it worked out.

I spoke with a cast member yesterday and his only suggestion was to keep checking back to see if there are cancelations. Seems like the last FL resident deal they released was in July for the fall months. It is slim pickings for sure!! I'm going up the first weekend of November and grabbed a room at the Dolphin because it was the most reasonable. :confused3

Well folks...........the Holiday AP "room" offer is up! ............and I don't see ANYTHING...........ANYWHERE! Hopefully just a computer glitch. o_O

Ok folks.............Jersey Week..............has NOTHING for the AP Room Discount at this time.

NOTHING.....well ok.........there is 1 discount available....:oops:.....the Executive Suite @ Coronado Springs. Otherwise there are no AP discounts available for this week. I just got off the phone with Disney and the CM I spoke with checked. Jersey week is gonna be busy this year o_O. The CM said check back and some rooms could open up.......which I've actually seen happen before, however I don't anticipate that happening here. Ahhhh it is what it is, now this is only about the AP discount during Jersey week.......other weeks in November & December could/should be different......I hope so! Happy discount hunting to those folks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!