November 2017, party of 7 or 9 or 11 or 13

Hello everyone!

This weekend we went up to see everyone. I told D that we had a surprise for her and everyone but she had to wait until after we ate lunch to get it. First thing when we walked into the house after lunch, she asked "Where is my surprise?" We I gave her and the rest of the family our matching tshirts.

D knows she is getting a pair of Minnie ears but they haven't arrived yet. I asked her if she wanted to get them on her birthday or if she wanted to wait until closer to the trip. She decided she wants them on her birthday.

We talk about our trip a little bit. My cousin hasn't told us if he wants his daughters to come on the trip with us but kinda freaked out when he found out we would be flying.

I asked D what was going to be the first thing she did when we get to the resort. I said swim and she said unpack! No joke! Her mom said anytime they go somewhere she unpacks her suitcase and puts her clothes in the drawers. I told her I don't care about that, I live out of my suitcase while on vacation.

Hopefully we get an answer about MM and ML the first of April. If not, I guess we will plan our dining without them.

We are still trying to convince Grandma and Grandpa to join us on our Animal Kingdom day, we are working on it.

This is my update, hopefully we will know more information soon!

Good luck about MM and ML! If you don't get an answer in time, will you include them in your ADRs just in case?

I think so. They both really want to go, we just need their Dad to agree. We have a birthday party this weekend, maybe we will have an answer then.

I was checking out the newly released flight dates for Southwest...it appears they have removed the morning non stop into Orlando. I'm very disappointed in this. Hopefully they add it back when they release the flight dates for late November in April. I wanted to fly in bright and early so I could resort hop or go to Epcot for Food and Wine. AAAAAH Southwest why must you change things!

Days until Disney: 235 days

This weekend my cousin J is having a birthday party. Hopefully we can finally get some answer about MM and ML! Sarah and myself plan on making a payment on our trip this weekend as well. I think we both are going to do a little less than half (so we still have money in our savings accounts)

While we were attending another birthday party for my cousin ZJ, my other Aunt asked us if we set a date yet for our trip. I told her we were going the week before Thanksgiving. Originally we had asked them and their family to come on the trip too but my Uncle is not a theme park fan (he had a bad experience at Disney with their oldest Granddaughter) and he hunts in the Fall. Well, she said she would ask my Uncle to take a few days off and make a long weekend out of it and join us! So....now I'm not sure if they plan to join us at Disney or just meet up with us for dinner one night. Time will tell.

So our party number is officially 7
Plus 2 who could possible join us for the entire trip
Plus 4 who might join us for at least a day?
:eek:

Days until Disney: 230 days

Hello everyone!

This weekend Kristi, Sarah and myself all made Disney payments. These payments put a dent into our balance! :yay:

Update on our plans...

Travel
  • Flights will be released May 16th. They pushed back the release because they are releasing the holiday schedule at that time as well. So we wait....:rolleyes1
  • Sarah and I have officially decided that we will fly in a day early to attend the Christmas
Tentative Plans
  • Sunday: Fly In- Sarah and I and maybe Mom. We will probably do an afternoon flight like 11am or 12pm. MVMCP at 4pm.
  • Monday: Resort hop. Everyone else will fly in on the afternoon flight around 3pm.
  • Tuesday: Animal Kingdom ALL DAY or Magic Kingdom AM and Epcot PM
  • Wednesday: Magic Kingdom ALL DAY
  • Thursday: Epcot AM and Hollywood Studios PM
  • Friday: Animal Kingdom AM and Epcot PM or Hollywood Studios AM and Epcot PM
  • Saturday: Fly Out mid day
These plans are still up in the air until we know park hours and when/if Uncle Jamie, Aunt Kim and Grandma and Grandpa will be joining us.

:snail:Still no update if MM and ML will be join us. Told Kristi she just needs to ask him to give us a yes or no. If they do come Sarah and I will have to find something else special for them because we are going to the Christmas party a day early. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Anyone else desperately waiting for park hours?

I need to find something to occupy my time while I do all this waiting! haha

We are going the same time! November 12-18. Just booked yesterday. This week is suppose to be very low crowds but it seems very popular on the boards! Super fingers crossed for free dining. It will save us $400! I'm trying to lock in my dining ressies ideas now. I think our 180 before is mid may right?
Looking forward to more!

Days until Disney: 230 days

Hello everyone!

This weekend Kristi, Sarah and myself all made Disney payments. These payments put a dent into our balance! :yay:

Update on our plans...

Travel
  • Flights will be released May 16th. They pushed back the release because they are releasing the holiday schedule at that time as well. So we wait....:rolleyes1
  • Sarah and I have officially decided that we will fly in a day early to attend the Christmas
Tentative Plans
  • Sunday: Fly In- Sarah and I and maybe Mom. We will probably do an afternoon flight like 11am or 12pm. MVMCP at 4pm.
  • Monday: Resort hop. Everyone else will fly in on the afternoon flight around 3pm.
  • Tuesday: Animal Kingdom ALL DAY or Magic Kingdom AM and Epcot PM
  • Wednesday: Magic Kingdom ALL DAY
  • Thursday: Epcot AM and Hollywood Studios PM
  • Friday: Animal Kingdom AM and Epcot PM or Hollywood Studios AM and Epcot PM
  • Saturday: Fly Out mid day
These plans are still up in the air until we know park hours and when/if Uncle Jamie, Aunt Kim and Grandma and Grandpa will be joining us.

:snail:Still no update if MM and ML will be join us. Told Kristi she just needs to ask him to give us a yes or no. If they do come Sarah and I will have to find something else special for them because we are going to the Christmas party a day early. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Anyone else desperately waiting for park hours?

I need to find something to occupy my time while I do all this waiting! haha

Wow can't believe I didn't think of it first but the first day we get there we are planning to just hang out after our long drive from NJ. But the Christmas party is a good idea! The price still shocks me honestly but maybe if we get free dining! Thanks for the idea

Wow can't believe I didn't think of it first but the first day we get there we are planning to just hang out after our long drive from NJ. But the Christmas party is a good idea! The price still shocks me honestly but maybe if we get free dining! Thanks for the idea

We have never been to the Christmas party but I really want to see snow on Main Street. Christmas is my favorite time of year. We are only doing 4 park days so adding the Christmas party to a non park day is good for us.

Days until Disney: 219 days

Sarah, Mom and Myself have officially added a day to our reservation making us one day closer to Disney! We will be checking in on Sunday November 12th (Grandpa's birthday) and checking out with the rest of the family on Saturday November 18th.

I must say the cast member I had was very friendly and even tried to apply a discount to our package to make sure we were getting the best price.

Peggy, Kristi, D and K will be arriving on Monday November 13th.

MM and ML update: There is none. Kristi can't get a hold of their Dad.

Extra Day:
  • Sarah and I will be going to the MVMCP on Sunday November 12th, I think Mom is going to just chill at the resort. We will fly in early and do some monorail resort hopping before we go to the party.
  • This extra day gives us an extra set of dining credits. We have decided that we will use the QS dining at the party but will save the extra TS dining for our Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle (if they decided to come). That means they would need to pay out of pocket for only one TS meal and any additional meals.
Little Updates:
  • I went ahead and purchased a Touring Plan subscription, and all I know is that we will need to spend at least another afternoon in MK any maybe EP as well. There are just not enough hours in the day to do it all!
  • I've already got the faxes ready on the Touring Plan website. I am trying to get us a great standard view room with a view of the fireworks.
  • Rumor is park hours will be released soon, by April 12th apparently!
  • Just over $1,000 left on my portion of the trip. Still need to purchase flights, D's Pirates League package and MVMCP tickets. 6 months left to pay off the trip (want it paid off early) so that means time to save save save again. I recently had to renew my plates so that took a chunk out of my savings.
How is everyone's plans going? Anyone making any big changes? Anyone else going to a MVMCP party?

Days until Disney: 216 days

I was playing with Touring Plans and here are our tentative park days and dining reservation goals:

Sunday- Arrival day. Resort Hopping on the monorail. MVMCP.
  • 1 quick service meal.
Monday- Family arrival day. Resort Hopping at Epcot resorts. Pool Time (if weather is good).
  • TS- Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
  • We will probably pay out of pocket for our breakfast/lunch meal.
Tuesday- Epcot
  • TS- Pre park breakfast at Garden Grill.
  • QS- 1 meal lunch/dinner.
Wednesday-Magic Kingdom
  • TS- Pre park breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table*.
Thursday-Magic Kingdom AM. Hollywood Studios PM.
  • 2 quick service meals.
Friday-Animal Kingdom.
  • TS- Pre park breakfast at Tusker House.
Saturday- Departure day.

*If we do not get Cinderella's Royal table we will probably do Crystal Palace, breakfast pre park opening on Wednesday and maybe Hollywood and Dine dinner or Whispering Canyon breakfast on departure day.

Last edited:
Days until Disney: 208 days

Hello everyone!

Here are some updates:
  • Disney hasn't posted park hours yet :( but Kenny the Pirate posted his predictions. Hopefully Disney can get on a role so we can get park plans in place before we have to make dining reservations next month.
  • Still waiting on Free Dining discount or a room discount. It would be nice to save some money on this trip.
  • MM and ML are not coming on this trip with us. ML said her Dad told her they can't go until they can pay for themselves. He shouldn't have gotten their hopes up. Maybe next year we can go for a few days so they can finally go.
  • Waiting for Disney to start selling MVMCP tickets. I mean they don't want my money? haha
  • I asked D what she wanted to eat when we go to Disney and she said Chick-Fil-A and Texas Roadhouse :rotfl2: Well we let her know that they don't have those on property so as long as she can have chicken or steak she will be ok.
  • D birthday is coming up in May and hopefully we can have a quick meeting before to double check what we want to have for our meals and everyone is ok with that.
Come on Disney, get it together...I want park hours haha

Until next time, see ya real soon!

Eeek, hey everyone!! This is my first post, EVER!

We are planning our 3rd WDW trip for November 10-19th. I am a single mom of 3 boys (8, 5 & 3). My mom & dad will be joining us. We typically travel during September and have always stayed at POR with free dining. I am excited about lower Nov temps!!

I am anxiously awaiting park hours and free dining to be released. According to the rumor mill free dining should be released Monday, April 24th. I remember last year it went active online around 4:30 AM (if I'm not mistaken) so I will be up super EARLY checking!! Is everyone else planning their trips themselves or using a TA? This is my first time booking everything myself so I'm really nervous.

Current plan is:
Friday- Check in, unpack, TS1/2- Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Saturday- Monorail hop, TS3- Breakfast or Dinner at monorail resort, Dad is super picky so this choice is up to him.
Sunday- TS4- Boma breakfast
Monday- EPCOT, TS5- Garden Grill breakfast
Tuesday- MK, TS6/7- CRT dinner
Wednesday- AK, TS8- Rainforest Cafe dinner
Thursday- Sleep in!!, QS early dinner, MVMCP @ 4 PM
Friday- HS, TS9- Sci Fi Dine In dinner
Saturday- Universal Studios
Sunday- Leave EARLY, 6 AM'ish

Would love any feedback, suggestions, reviews...

Eeek, hey everyone!! This is my first post, EVER!

We are planning our 3rd WDW trip for November 10-19th. I am a single mom of 3 boys (8, 5 & 3). My mom & dad will be joining us. We typically travel during September and have always stayed at POR with free dining. I am excited about lower Nov temps!!

I am anxiously awaiting park hours and free dining to be released. According to the rumor mill free dining should be released Monday, April 24th. I remember last year it went active online around 4:30 AM (if I'm not mistaken) so I will be up super EARLY checking!! Is everyone else planning their trips themselves or using a TA? This is my first time booking everything myself so I'm really nervous.

Current plan is:
Friday- Check in, unpack, TS1/2- Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Saturday- Monorail hop, TS3- Breakfast or Dinner at monorail resort, Dad is super picky so this choice is up to him.
Sunday- TS4- Boma breakfast
Monday- EPCOT, TS5- Garden Grill breakfast
Tuesday- MK, TS6/7- CRT dinner
Wednesday- AK, TS8- Rainforest Cafe dinner
Thursday- Sleep in!!, QS early dinner, MVMCP @ 4 PM
Friday- HS, TS9- Sci Fi Dine In dinner
Saturday- Universal Studios
Sunday- Leave EARLY, 6 AM'ish

Would love any feedback, suggestions, reviews...

Hi welcome to my Pre Trip Report for my trip in November. I am planning all on my own no TA, its great to be in control but a little more stressful planning for 7 or more people.

If you go to the Official November 2017 thread you will find some more people who are going in November too!

Hi welcome to my Pre Trip Report for my trip in November. I am planning all on my own no TA, its great to be in control but a little more stressful planning for 7 or more people.

If you go to the Official November 2017 thread you will find some more people who are going in November too!

Sorry if I gave to much info on your trip report.. still figuring out how to use this thing :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter