November 2019 - crowds?

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
Hi all,

Planning a week solo trip to Universal/IOA in November 2019.
Planning on staying either at the Aventura Hotel or Surfside Inn & Suites since it’ll be open by then (I’ll be going with whichever is the cheaper option, probably the latter!)

I’m planning on arriving Friday 15th November and departing Wednesday 20th November. Does anyone have an idea of what the crowds will be like at this time, especially the weekend? Hoping since I’ll have the early entry to get HP under my belt I shouldn’t encounter too many issues, but I’ve never been at this time of year before so I’m going in a bit blind!

Any advice welcome! :) thanks!

This would be hard to guess, that's around the time Star Wars will open in Disney, and the new Harry Potter coaster and show replacing Terminator 2 will be open, and maybe even some other unannounced stuff. So i'd expect it to be busy, the Christmas stuff should just be starting soon. The combo of all the above will probably make all of it busier than usual. So high-Moderate to heavy crowds (But not Christmas week heavy).

I'm assuming Thanksgiving is the 21st. If so we went that weekend last year (arrive Fri and leave Wed right before Thanksgiving) and are going at the same time this year. Last year the weekend before Thanksgiving was not to bad. Very manageable. It started getting busier and busier the closer it got to Thanksgiving. Mom was busier than the weekend and Tues was very busy. We didn't go to the parks on Wed.

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance (or whatever it is they say about the stock market).

Thanksgiving is Nov 28 (4th Thursday of November). Only reason I know is I am looking at that week for a trip for our family.

We were there at this time last year and I found it to be a good bit busier than I was used to, but still manageable. I prefer to hit times when school is definitely in and the weather is cold...I want to run off as many people as I can. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter