November 2019 Exercise Thread - A Disney Cornucopia

I got 94% on the Disney princess quiz. I missed 2 questions about Sleeping Beauty--since I have never seen it--and 1 question about the Pocahontas sequel. I dont think that's too bad. In most schools, that's still an A. Haha.

I went for 60 minutes on the exercise bike tonight.

380/600

Happy Thursday!!

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith on the highest princess quiz score so far princess:
and to BonnieF on turning Alice Blue!! :jumping3:

I have no minutes of my own for yesterday, but the team stands at 2,533 or 32%.

For Thankful Thursday, share a story (if you have one) of when you were thankful for a Disney cast member - at a park, in a store, on the phone...anytime you were just really thankful.

I haven't gotten any real time in for a work out since last Wednesday. I am pretty aggravated about it. I figured by Monday I would much better. I was sick to my stomach until about Tuesday and still have a lot of pain in my neck. I am heading back to the doctor today. I should still hit my goal at this point.

Sorry you are having a rough time, piglet1979.

@Elizabeth Smith, impressive score!

I've certainly had some moments of gratitude toward WDW cast members. Three particularly stand out. 1) the very first Rapunzel my DD met - for having a fairly lengthy, fun conversation with her and making her feel special 2) the staff at Saratoga Springs for a wonderful stay - every cm we encountered was absolutely top notch and that really made us fall in love with the place 3) a cm we met on these boards for making a point to visit with us during a dessert party - it was so nice to meet him in person.

Back home, 25-minute walk

690/1400

Here's my thankful story-

Back in February 2016, I was supposed to come to WDW for my young nephew's first visit. I was leaving Denver on Tuesday, and the park day was Wednesday (my sister was visiting the folks in Florida, so it was just a one-day deal, staying at All-Star Movies Tuesday night and MK on Wednesday). But then there was a winter storm approaching! That Monday was the only time in my life I have called, changed my flight, thrown things in a suitcase, and was out the door to the airport in an hour. I booked a room for Monday night on the way. I was very grateful for the check-in CMs at All-Star Movies who managed to give me the same room for Monday and Tuesday, and then give my family the connecting room next door for Tuesday night. I had a nice evening to myself on Monday, then didn't even have to move or anything on Tuesday. It was great.

Good morning, and Happy Fashion Friday!

Today, lets talk about Disney Bags!

I love them and have a couple (not the expensive ones, but fun anyway) including a crossbody one kind of like this:

1573815078899.png

(but an older pattern) and a canvas tote that was one of those "only $X if you spend $Y in the gift shop" promotions that I still use at home for stuff.

25 minutes for me yesterday (190/500) and team totals of 2,913 (37%). :cheer2:

Good Morning, and Happy Saturday!!

Today's quiz is on actors who provided some famous Disney voices. In each case, you probably know at least one of their characters, but might not know that it wasn't their only Disney voice:

1. John Goodman was Sully in Monsters, Inc. He was also Big Daddy Lebouf in __________?
2. John Ratzenberger was Ham in Toy Story. He was also Fritz in ____________?
3. Jodie Benson was Arial in The Little Mermaid. She was also ____________ in Toy Story?
4. Emma Thompson was Queen Elinor in Brave. She was also Captain Amelia in _____________?
5. Sebastian Cabot was Baheera in The Jungle Book. He also narrated ______________?

1. Princess and the Frog
2. Inside Out
3. Barbie
4. Treasure Planet
5. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

These are just a few examples I pulled from a longer article, so do click if you time! -
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls052548653/
It has pictures of the actors above and several more, each with a short bio and a list of their Disney voices.

30-minute walk

720/1400

A mere 2/5 on that quiz, yay for inspired guessing. Re: bags, I'm not too creative or fashionable. I generally carry the same one, winter and summer, until it falls apart. I like looking at the Loungefly designs at the parks--super cute!--but no way am I spending $70 or $80 or $90 for a little backpack!

Good morning, everyone, and congrats to sophy1996!! We've both reached Cheshire Cat Purple!!

I added 70 minutes (2 hours at the Museum of Science, counted at 1/4, plus another 40 regular minutes walking around Boston) for a new total of 260/500.

Team totals are 3,033 (39%) and we're 867 minutes from team purple!

Here's today's Sunday quiz - and you can play in "easy" or "hard" mode:
Aladdin Quiz

180 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, strength training

960/1800

I have one Disney bag that I use as my park bag - a Vera Bradley hipster in a Mickey pattern. Not my exact one because I'm too lazy to dig it out and photograph it, but it looks like this:

Like sophy1996, I look longingly at the adorable loungefly bags, but for my needs, they don't look serviceable. I'd hate to pay that much money for a bag and not actually use it.

Only 1/5 on the voice actor quiz.

Considering my lack of success on the other quizzes, I chose easy mode (which my tired, glassesless eyes initially read as sassy mode this morning), and I am an easy mode champion with 100% correct! Finally!

Had to dash off this morning, so will update totals later.

For Movie Monday, let’s talk Frozen 2!

Who’s excited? Who’s not impressed? Who has plans to see it? Who’s waiting for video? Who wishes they had a kid around as an excuse to go?

Good morning from frigid WDW! We arrived late Saturday night and woke to temperatures in the 50’s on Sunday. It was overcast, dark, really, with a fine mist in the air. So, the cold and damp that gets in your bones. Ugh! I was chilled even with two layers under my down jacket! But, we soldiered on to Food & Wine! Just avoided anything frozen! It was Dapper Day there. Google it - it was so much fun to see so many people dressed up in vintage clothes. I was so impressed!
I didn’t know a single answer in the actors quiz! But I aced the easy Aladdin!
I have a Vera Bradley crossbody bag that I usually use on my trips. It’s the navy and green Mickey heads pattern.
My thankful story goes back to 2012, when hurricane Sandy wiped out our trip. The cast member on the phone was so terrific. She was so sympathetic and canceled our room and made it as if I’d never had the reservation so my points wouldn’t have to go into holding. Then refunded our tickets for the Christmas party, too. She took care of everything for us. It was only a couple of days after the storm so it was nice to hear that the rest of the country had us in their thoughts.
I’ll add 120 minutes for Saturday and Sunday walking.
300/1000

160 minutes yesterday evening - horses and walking

1120/1800

DD and I cannot wait to see Frozen 2! We already have our tickets for the first showing in our area on Thursday.

Have a wonderful time in WDW, BonnieF!!! Tell us all about your trip when you get a chance.

I am finally back to working out. it felt so good to get on a treadmill today. Below are the minutes I have had since the 6th. They are low amounts but something.

Nov 7 --9
Nov 8 -- 12
Nov 9 -- 0
Nov 10 -- 0
Nov 11 -- 32
Nov 12 -- 19
Nov 13 -- 12
Nov 14 -- 28
Nov 15 -- 7
Nov 16 -- 0
Nov 17 -- 9

Total -- 401/900

I guess I did a bit better then I thought. I did walk to my car each day from the office so that must be where most of the time came from. I keep track of my time on my Fitbit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!