November 2019 Exercise Thread - A Disney Cornucopia

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!

Team total is 3,716 (48%) and we are only 184 minutes from color change!

(P.S. - Has anyone seen emenemille lately?)

Today's tip topic is podcasts and YouTube videos. - Do you watch/listen to any?

I occasionally watch the Disney Food Blog on YouTube (it's actually not all about food) and also one called Disney Dan, where I've seen some fun history videos of characters' costumes over the years.

I don't listen to podcasts but we do have some Disney-related YouTube channels we like - The Tim Tracker, Ordinary Adventures, L&R Dreaming, DFBGuide, WDW News Today, and a couple of others I can't remember the names of right now.

100 minutes yesterday at the Magic Kingdom. We started in the MK, which was crazy crowded. (I don’t think it’s vacation time for schools, yet there are so many school age kids here. I don’t understand why so many people take their kids out. But I guess that’s the teacher in me .)
It was also our day for the combined Monorail Pub Crawl/Christmas Decoration Tour. That was wonderful! We started at Outer Rim, then Tambu Lounge, and finished at the new Enchanted Rose. That’s a ‘don’t miss’ on your next trips!! It’s gorgeous and the drinks are very unusual. My daughter ordered ‘Love’ which was prepared tableside and the server told the story as she prepared it. And it was delicious! The decorations are lovely, especially the gingerbread house in GF.
I’d been trying to meet up with a former coworker since we got here. I ended up sitting next to her son (whom I’d never met) in Tambu Lounge. Talk about ‘it’s a small world’☺☺Then it was back to the park in time for the fireworks. I love Happily Ever After more each time I see it. We waited a bit for the crowd to clear then headed to Pirates. In 30 minutes, we managed Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan!!!! That was great!
After the annual hot dog at Casey’s, we had our picture taken in empty Main Street It was finally time to head home. We got back a little more than 12 hours after we left. and slept like a log!!
Sorry for the long post, but I had to share such a wonderful day! Off to Epcot today. Round two of F&W - the food was so good the other day, I can’t wait for the booths we’ve planned for today!
74F64FCA-AB64-4F2B-8014-280CBFF834FC.png

11/11 2 minutes
11/12 50 minutes
11/15 37 minutes
11/18 24 minutes

284/500
For Movie Monday, let’s talk Frozen 2!

Who’s excited? Who’s not impressed? Who has plans to see it? Who’s waiting for video? Who wishes they had a kid around as an excuse to go?
I'm not sure I'm excited but we are going to see Frozen 2 on black friday with my nephews age 3 1/2 and 5 1/2
Today's tip topic is podcasts and YouTube videos. - Do you watch/listen to any?
I listen to a few podcast. I have 2 intermittent fasting podcast that I usually listen to each week, as well as stuff you missed in history class if the topic is good or I need a podcast for a long drive.
I just started to listen to dis-order a podcast about every disney animation movie in order of release date.

40 minute walk

1160/1800

Another fan of DFBGuide. I want to be AJ when I grow up. I also watch BookishPrincess, SuperEnthused, WDWNewsToday, The DIS, Disney Parks, and ResortTV1. I plan on checking out Disney Fan, @PollyannaMom. That one's new to me.

@BonnieF , that sounds like a wonderful day, and the pic of you and your daughter is fantastic. The Love drink sounds fun. Might have to try that. I'm always up for an immersion experience. Have fun eating your way around the world today!

15 minutes for me (watched a "Bookish Princess" post while on the treadmill - thanks for the recommendation!) for 275/500.

Congrats to ljcrochet, piglet1979, and the team as a whole on turning Cheshire Cat Purple!!!
:cheer2: :figment: :cheer2: :figment: :cheer2:

Our Wednesday Wisdom from Walt is:

"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty."

I find I can’t listen to podcasts, even on the treadmill. My mind just wanders, no matter what the subject.
Round 2 of Food & Wine yesterday. We enjoyed everything in France, the braised beef and the passion fruit martini slush in particular. Other standouts were the lamb chop (Australia), the beef filet (Canada), and the steakhouse burger (Flavors from Fire). Needless to say, we do share the food! We needed to get off our feet and where better than our favorite place, Tutto Gusto??!! We enjoyed a platter of prosciutto and cheese. Aaahhh! But, boy, do I need some vegetables!
Then, after a walk through the Beach Club, we headed to Disney Springs to do a little shopping. The redone World of Disney store is a bit overwhelming. But I do like the openness of it now.
We ended the night in Wine Bar George with a glass of wine. Their menu is mind boggling! You can order Chateaux Margaux by the ounce for a mere $100 per ounce 😱😱. The boat ride back to the resort was pretty darn cold.
I’ll add another 100 minutes for the day. (500/1000)

:rainbow: Congrats to BonnieF and Elizabeth Smith!! :rainbow:

The team is at 4,428 minutes and 57%. :cheer2:

For Thankful Thursday, what Disney objects are you thankful for today?

I'm going to say the coffee mugs I've bought on trips over the years. It always feels good to start my day with a touch of magic and Disney memories!

That's how I feel whenever I walk with several of my family members. Most of my family on one side is very tall. Those genes missed me.

I didn't get the tall gene in my family. Most of my family is short. My mom 5'1 and my dad maybe 5'5. I am the shortest out of everyone at 4'9. My daughter has even squeaked out .5 to 1 inch taller then me.

25 minutes yesterday from a chest workout. I hadn't done a chest workout in a while and I'm feeling it today. Planning on a run tonight while my girls are at soccer.
My girls stuffed duffy makes me smile. Our foster dog loves to still him. I find him in the weirdest spots. My daughter would say her magic band. She keeps it on her favorite stuffed dog that she got when she was 2. She is now 14.

30-minute walk Tuesday and 60-minute Pilates class Wednesday

905/1400

@BonnieF, enjoying the trip reports!
@piglet1979, glad you’re feeling better!

Disney objects-
1. The Epcot water bottle strap we use on nearly every outing anywhere. We used to have a MK strap too but lost it long ago.
2. My hat that is subtly Disney in that it has a Mickey head among other decorations all around. It’s my travel hat that has been to 5 continents.
3. Run Disney medals. Good memories of the Star Wars Disneyland races! Wish they would have runs at Disneyland again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!