November 2020 car rental thread

believe this board has a policy re circumventing rules/rates, ergo not going to post the name here

It’s a corporate code that includes LDW coverage Dig a bit more in your search, the name will pop up. It’s a large, international company.

This is absolutely not a public code.

The rate it produces is a negotiated, corporate one, solely intended for their employees & suppliers; which will be spelled out in the full rental agreement

Do you care to share who's code this is since you seem to know? I typically do not use codes for companies I don't know and I was unable to find it on my own as stated above.

Your post comes off a little strong, TBH.

Do you care to share who's code this is since you seem to know? I typically do not use codes for companies I don't know and I was unable to find it on my own as stated above.

Your post comes off a little strong, TBH.
Intended to be clear, obviously not lol

Stated my reason for not posting the company involved. Did you google it for more than a few pages?

I am trying to help those who aren’t necessarily familiar with the ins & outs of renting a car from possibly making a mistake thinking this particular code posted is intended for all.

My tolerance factor is high for codes, not for ones with included insurance coverage that are obviously specific corporate codes intended for employees

I got a really good rate using the undercover tourist 50% off deal. I just bought a cheap movie ticket (that I'll hopefully be able to use someday.....) and added a car rental. It came out even cheaper than the dubious corporate rate listed above.

I actually ended up doing the same. I could have gotten my dates for 220 if I picked the dinky car! Lol. Not doing that again. Also the Hilton at downtown Disney was showing even better rates as well but they have limited hours. I toyed with the idea of walking over from SSR the morning after we get in but decided against it. I want to spend the least time possible dealing with transportation and that didn't seem like the way to do it after factoring in DME from the airport.
I do feel much more comfortable about not using the mystery code too! I will say the movie ticket wouldn't work for me - well I tried the AMC movie cpopcorn or something. Seemed like it was going to work and then at the final screen told me that ticket wasn't available and automatically removed it. I had bought our tickets last week though and emailed them and they got back to me in less than 24 hours with a link to bypass the ticket requirement.

Check your Costco rates! Huge drop from this morning
Thank you, drops weren’t that big for my dates. I’m now down to $320 with Alamo for a premium car. Does anyone know what’s in the premium aisle at MCO usually? I typically rent a mid size/intermediate car but the premium is currently cheaper.

Thanks. My Costco rental went down $58 today and it is now full size instead of economy. Hopefully it will continue to drop.

Thank you, drops weren’t that big for my dates. I’m now down to $320 with Alamo for a premium car. Does anyone know what’s in the premium aisle at MCO usually? I typically rent a mid size/intermediate car but the premium is currently cheaper.
I actually rented a premium car before and there are only like 3 spots. We got a Charger and it was the only car available. We've gotten a Charger in the full-size aisle before, so I prob wouldn't splurge again.

Anyone know what is in the Luxury SUV aisle?

I actually rented a premium car before and there are only like 3 spots. We got a Charger and it was the only car available. We've gotten a Charger in the full-size aisle before, so I prob wouldn't splurge again.

Anyone know what is in the Luxury SUV aisle?
Thanks! The rates dropped again yesterday and I also checked AP rates on alamo and I was able to get a standard or mid size for under $300.

Renting a week through Hertz MCO for $303, including fees and taxes. I used the Mousesavers code.

Has anyone paid the drive happy deal with Alamo? your car get picked when you get there? Do you get a larger car? Or should I just pay for Standard?

Has anyone paid the drive happy deal with Alamo? your car get picked when you get there? Do you get a larger car? Or should I just pay for Standard?
You get whatever they have laying around. If it's an economy heavy week, you will probably get a minivan. If it's a minivan heavy week you'll probably get an economy. I would do it in Orlando if it were just my wife and I, I wouldn't do it if our kids were with or when I go for work.

yeah, and I booked them BOTH. This was if the German thing don't work out, I got this other one as back-up. Your point is moot. LOL.
Did that "German thing" work out for you? :D I am getting a quote that is like half of what it is on Alamo website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter