November 6th, 2020 14-Night Very Merrytime Seas Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise from San Diego ending in Galveston

Cynth

Mouseketeer
Hi
I was looking for a thread for this Merrytime time but couldn't find one, so I created it.

This will be our first panama canal, first time on the wonder and first merrytime cruise. I can't wait to start the planning.
After the cruise we will fly out to Orlando for a few more days of Disney.

I can't wait to hear all the tips and ideas for this cruise.
Only 394 days to go :cool1:

This will be our ninth PC on the Wonder. It is our first Merrytime cruise. I will be happy to answer any questions I can.

This will be our ninth PC on the Wonder. It is our first Merrytime cruise. I will be happy to answer any questions I can.

Ninth...awesome. It will be our first PC cruise. What are some of your favorite things to do on these cruises.

I'm excited that it will be a Merrytime cruise. We've been on several of those and love the decor and music.

Number one must do if this is your first PC are the talks by Captain Puckett if he is aboard. Also, buy his book on line and read it before boarding. It is far superior to the lengthy, dry, boring book everyone recommends( sorry, can't remember the name right now). Ballroom dance classes are also a must do for us. We also enjoy going to the kids clubs at night when they offer the normal kid only activities to adults. This is a true rare opportunity. There is usually a Disney Broadway Stars at Sea performance that has been excellent and lectures by Disney legends. We have had original mouseketeers, imagineers and Ridley Pearson on board.

Can someone in a wheelchair tender from the ship to go into port at Grand Cayman and Cabo San Lucas? It appears one must use stairs to depart the Wonder to go onto tender boats.

tutumickey, thanks much for your hints. I apologize for the delay in replying...I read your response and then never got around to acknowledging it. Sorry.

289 days to go!

DH and I are also on this cruise. It will be both our 3rd Panama Canal cruise and our 3rd Disney cruise. This will be our first merrytime cruise so we are looking forward to that.
I second the suggestion to go to Captain Puckett’s talks and buy his book. We brought our copy with us on the Feb 2019 crossing and he and his co author both signed it during a autograph session.

Just joined this cruise after the Hawaii cruise was cancelled. It's been a dream to do this cruise too so looking forward to it!
Hi Jexball and all - Same here.... We were booked on the 4/29 Vancouver to Hawaii and were very disappointed that our dream cruise was cancelled. But the good news is, we're onboard here. Never been to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Cartagena, or Panama Canal. So we're looking forward to seeing the new ports. Any cruisers experienced with this itinerary, let us know what is a "can't miss"

Hello All.... checking in to see how everyone is holding up. When we booked this just a week ago, we felt Nov. 6 was a pretty safe date. Now.... I'm beginning to wonder???

i am still wondering if we go or not - the scary scenario is no ports let us dock or CV-19 pops hard in Texas while we are on-board and can't get home

I’m hoping that there will be enough information to make a decision before PIF. We haven’t booked airfare yet as the multi-city flights on Delta are still pricey, and Southwest hasn’t opened booking up for November yet. If the cruise is not cancelled we would still like to go—it gives me something to look forward to right now!

We're all in on the November date... Air, hotels, etc... Not too worried about our ability to get our $$ back if the sailing is canceled. Now we're hearing of a second wave this fall that may be worse than the current outbreak. The news seems to change daily so it's really tough to gauge when we'll be able to feel confident. PIF date (mentioned above) would be great.

with the latest news that the CDC thinks that the 2nd wave of CV-19 will be in the winter, I am very worried about this November cruise - part of me hopes that Disney cancels this cruise as well, which will give me the opportunity to switch to my new #1 choice - 13day cruise in May 2021 from Miami to Barcelona

with the latest news that the CDC thinks that the 2nd wave of CV-19 will be in the winter, I am very worried about this November cruise - part of me hopes that Disney cancels this cruise as well, which will give me the opportunity to switch to my new #1 choice - 13day cruise in May 2021 from Miami to Barcelona
That sounds like a fun itinerary..... Lot of sea days!! I would really like to try a Northern Europe or Med cruise as well. But still hoping this one goes.

sorry to say folks but we have made the call to change our reservation from this cruise to the Transatlantic Cruise in May 2021 - we are hoping the worst has passed and perhaps there will be a vaccine by then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter