November 6th, 2020 14-Night Very Merrytime Seas Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise from San Diego ending in Galveston

sorry to say folks but we have made the call to change our reservation from this cruise to the Transatlantic Cruise in May 2021 - we are hoping the worst has passed and perhaps there will be a vaccine by then
Enjoy!! Sure it will be a great trip

Although we have had this cruise booked since opening day, it will be extra special now because it looks like our daughter and her family will be joining us since their WDW vacaion in May was cancelled. Now if this trip is just not cancelled!

It appears that the Wonder is on the move and may be heading towards the Panama canal a bit early and without us!

Cannot post link, but if you lookup the wonder on your favorite real-time marine traffic site, you'll see it "steaming" south down the Baja peninsula.

Let's hope it comes back to San Diego before Nov.

We fear that the Wonder won't be heading back to the west coast this season.:fish: It doesn't seem economically prudent for them to go west through the canal for a handful of cruises out of San Diego, and then come back east a short time later.
We were looking forward to this cruise - it was going to be our first PC through the new canal.

While it does not look good, I still think it has a fair chance of occurring. The movement of the ship is fairly well know by anyone thinking about this cruise at this point. Yet you can still book a cabin on the ship. If there was virtually no chance of the ship coming back I anticipate they would have at least pulled the ability to book a new room by now, it's been about a week since it started the move. I have seen some basic math where coming back to San Diego would still turn a fair profit, but I am not sure how accurate that math is. Time will tell, but I can guarantee if the ship sails me and my family will be on it.

It can still change, but Disney has stated that they plan to go back to San Diego for the cruises that are scheduled this year despite the move through the canal so I don't see it being money that keeps the cruise from happening.

It can still change, but Disney has stated that they plan to go back to San Diego for the cruises that are scheduled this year despite the move through the canal so I don't see it being money that keeps the cruise from happening.
We, the consumers, don't get to see the big picture. In some way that would seem odd to our limited view it may actually have made sense to move the ship through. At the end of the day, I have my sights set on making plans for a cruise!

Hi all - We booked this cruise after the 9 night Vancouver to Hawaii was canceled. Would really hate to have the rug pulled out on us again but I'm not optimistic right now. All the noise in the media about a "second wave" and the CDC continuing to put pressure on the cruise industry to hold off until mid next year just seems like a big hill to climb. Of course all of that is second hand info and is pretty meaningless. But it's about all we have right now.

My wife is actively digging into this on almost a daily basis. She chats with a sister of an officer on the Wonder and has been told they really don't know anymore than anyone else at this time. 🤷‍♂️

I think that one of the bigger barriers to resuming operations will be staffing. I've seen reports that there are still 40,000 crew on cruise ships worldwide, and many of them are not being paid. Has anyone heard any projection of what the turnover for crew will be?

I think that one of the bigger barriers to resuming operations will be staffing. I've seen reports that there are still 40,000 crew on cruise ships worldwide, and many of them are not being paid. Has anyone heard any projection of what the turnover for crew will be?

Looks like some staff has left in Barbados and now they are going to other ports, maybe also to debark, next port is La Romana, Dominican Republic.

I have not yet found information about embarking staff or new contracts being offered.

I have heard nothing outside of what you posted above... that there's a lot of staff stuck on boats. Really quite a nightmare.

Well, we just got the notice from Costco Travel that our PIF is due tomorrow. Tough decision to make today.

Sadly with all the uncertainty we canceled. If there’s some miracle treatment between now and November and they clarified what the experience will be, maybe we’d rebook.

Hi all - DW and I were looking at a few of the posted excursions today and noticed additions have been made. DCL is still putting effort into planning this sailing. Maybe that doesn't mean too much?? But it was a little encouraging to us. :)

Hi all - DW and I were looking at a few of the posted excursions today and noticed additions have been made. DCL is still putting effort into planning this sailing. Maybe that doesn't mean too much?? But it was a little encouraging to us. :)
Oh? What additions did you notice?

Latest Info I have:

There are 3 bookable character events:
Princess
Frozen
Character Bfast

Tastings include:
  • Beer on the 19th at 2:00pm and the 14th at 3:30pm
  • Bourbon on the 9th and 16th at 10:15pm
  • Champagne on the 6th at 2:00pm and the 10th and 16th at 12:15pm
  • Chocolate Liquor on the 7th, 12th and 19th at 12:15pm
  • Cognac on the 7th, 13th and 18th at 10:15pm
  • Kick on the 6th at 2:00pm (embarkation day) 30 minute juice tasting with alcoholic beverages in the Senses Spa,
  • Martini on the 9th at 4:00pm
  • Mixology on the 7th, 10th and 11th at 2:00pm and the 8th and 17th at 4:00pm
  • Mojito on the 12th and 16th at 2:00pm
  • Rum on the 8th, 12th, 14th and 17th at 10:15pm
  • Tequila on the 13th and 14th at 2:00pm and the 18th at 4:00pm
  • Whiskey on the 6th and 10th at 10:15pm
  • Wine on the 11th and 13th at 12:15pm

Adventures: (based on information from concierge guests)
Cabo:
  • Temazcal Ritual – A Mexican Ancestral Experience (CL502 PVT) (no time yet)
Puerto Vallerta
  • NOT OFFERED Las Caletas Hideaway (PV15)
Cartagena
  • Tour of The Rosario Islands (CT06) (815am - 2:30pm)
  • Emerald Jewelry Making Class And Diploma (CT27)
Grand Cayman
  • NOT OFFERED: Atlantis Submarine Expedition (G11)
Cozumel
  • The Cabana Beach (CZ98) (1045am - 415pm)
  • Cozumel Alebrije Painting Workshop - Inspired by Disney•Pixar’s Feature Film Coco (CZ95)

Everything is subject to change of course.

Reactions: grx
Latest Info I have:

There are 3 bookable character events:
Princess
Frozen
Character Bfast

Tastings include:
  • Beer on the 19th at 2:00pm and the 14th at 3:30pm
  • Bourbon on the 9th and 16th at 10:15pm
  • Champagne on the 6th at 2:00pm and the 10th and 16th at 12:15pm
  • Chocolate Liquor on the 7th, 12th and 19th at 12:15pm
  • Cognac on the 7th, 13th and 18th at 10:15pm
  • Kick on the 6th at 2:00pm (embarkation day) 30 minute juice tasting with alcoholic beverages in the Senses Spa,
  • Martini on the 9th at 4:00pm
  • Mixology on the 7th, 10th and 11th at 2:00pm and the 8th and 17th at 4:00pm
  • Mojito on the 12th and 16th at 2:00pm
  • Rum on the 8th, 12th, 14th and 17th at 10:15pm
  • Tequila on the 13th and 14th at 2:00pm and the 18th at 4:00pm
  • Whiskey on the 6th and 10th at 10:15pm
  • Wine on the 11th and 13th at 12:15pm

Adventures: (based on information from concierge guests)
Cabo:
  • Temazcal Ritual – A Mexican Ancestral Experience (CL502 PVT) (no time yet)
Puerto Vallerta
  • NOT OFFERED Las Caletas Hideaway (PV15)
Cartagena
  • Tour of The Rosario Islands (CT06) (815am - 2:30pm)
  • Emerald Jewelry Making Class And Diploma (CT27)
Grand Cayman
  • NOT OFFERED: Atlantis Submarine Expedition (G11)
Cozumel
  • The Cabana Beach (CZ98) (1045am - 415pm)
  • Cozumel Alebrije Painting Workshop - Inspired by Disney•Pixar’s Feature Film Coco (CZ95)

Everything is subject to change of course.
Thanks for adding all the details. The Rosario islands excursion out of Cartagena was primarily what we noticed. It looks nice

Want some hopeful tidings??? We're hearing that DCL is outlining their processes for starting back up. No time frames have been leaked out. That of course doesn't really mean anything. They could be just developing protocols so that they're in place and ready when the time does come. But we're hopeful that they're seeing light at the end of this tunnel. 🙏

Been hearing the same thing, the wife and I are hopeful and have decided the stay the course.

We cruise or DCL cancels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter