November visit - week before Thanksgiving

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
I've never been in November and I have my parents on board for a trip. Is the week before Thanksgiving (Sunday November 15th - November 17th) usually the in-between time for Disneyland.
By that I mean - I think I remember that the 2 -3 weeks between Halloween & Thanksgiving is usually a quiet time (meaning shorter hours, less entertainment) - except for Veterans day which can be busy.

My thought is it is a good time to see the park decorated for Christmas but not have to deal with the Christmas crowds.

There are fewer 'quiet times' anymore. The time you are talking about is probably a reasonable time for crowds, but you still have the people coming in for the last days of Food & Wine at EPCOT, the Very Merry Christmas parties are starting then, and the Christmas decorations are up at most of the parks and many of the resorts by then. But going after the F&W 1/2 marathon weekend, and well before Thanksgiving is probably as good a time as any now.

There are fewer 'quiet times' anymore. The time you are talking about is probably a reasonable time for crowds, but you still have the people coming in for the last days of Food & Wine at EPCOT, the Very Merry Christmas parties are starting then, and the Christmas decorations are up at most of the parks and many of the resorts by then. But going after the F&W 1/2 marathon weekend, and well before Thanksgiving is probably as good a time as any now.

Psst, wrong coast. Thread is asking about DLR, not WDW.

They killed our early November half marathon back in 2017. No parties. No F&W (that's late February to April for DLR).

Psst, wrong coast. Thread is asking about DLR, not WDW.

They killed our early November half marathon back in 2017. No parties. No F&W (that's late February to April for DLR).

I am such a dope sometimes! Thanks.

But if you ever get to WDW in mid-November.........!

I remember the crowds in November after Halloween and before Thanksgiving being pretty decent. Weekends and Mondays are always busier at Disneyland- especially Saturdays, but I remember checking the app and the wait times weren’t horrific during the week. It won’t be as dead as the week after schools go back in January, but it won’t be insane.

We drove up for an impromptu trip Saturday November 14 and stayed until Sunday night and got plenty done. It’s crowded because of the parades, show at the castle, and the snow on Main Street but I still feel like we had fun. Definitely utilize Max Pass and Mobile Order. The lines for food were terrible because of all the holiday foods people want to try. During the week won’t be as bad.

I am such a dope sometimes! Thanks.

But if you ever get to WDW in mid-November.........!
Thanks - I did get to WDW in mid December and had a great time!!! And you are right there are no more quiet times. Just looking for a less busy time.

I remember the crowds in November after Halloween and before Thanksgiving being pretty decent. Weekends and Mondays are always busier at Disneyland- especially Saturdays, but I remember checking the app and the wait times weren’t horrific during the week. It won’t be as dead as the week after schools go back in January, but it won’t be insane.

We drove up for an impromptu trip Saturday November 14 and stayed until Sunday night and got plenty done. It’s crowded because of the parades, show at the castle, and the snow on Main Street but I still feel like we had fun. Definitely utilize Max Pass and Mobile Order. The lines for food were terrible because of all the holiday foods people want to try. During the week won’t be as bad.
Thanks - I'll probably set up some dining reservations and the plan is to stay at Grand Californian that way if my dad gets overwhelmed with the crowds he can retreat to the hotel.

Playing with the idea of upgrading to club level. I can see my parents just eating there the entire time!

this is the week we wnt last year and we are planning to go again this year the same week too, it really wasn't that bad, it was busy but manageable

Thanks - I'll probably set up some dining reservations and the plan is to stay at Grand Californian that way if my dad gets overwhelmed with the crowds he can retreat to the hotel.

Playing with the idea of upgrading to club level. I can see my parents just eating there the entire time!

With these plans you’ll be fine. I feel like much of the crowd is concentrated on and near Main Street and I don’t remember it being bad anywhere else. December was much more crowded.

California Adventure was crowded because of all the food booths, but we got a ton of rides done, especially in the morning.

this is the week we wnt last year and we are planning to go again this year the same week too, it really wasn't that bad, it was busy but manageable
Just a note I think there is a convention in town that week or something. The prices for grand californian and disneyland hotel were insane. I moved to the week before- I always able to lock in club level for around $1000 a night at Disneyland hotel. Seems crazy expensive to me but I can see my parents really liking it plus if it is crazy busy we won’t have to worry about breakfast and maybe early or late dinner at club level.
Keeping an eye out to see if prices drop for the week before thanksgiving as that is a better work for me to take off work wise.

That would be an awesome thing to do for your parents. Sitting on the balcony watching the monorail go by with adult beverages and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter