Now a trip report:MNSSHP, Magicbands, FP+, refillable mugs and one Peter Pan costume!

My new favorite picture:

image_zps442349c4.jpg

I still need to check out our photo pass photos and get them uploaded.

My take on Magic Bands: pretty cool! It really changed the way we visit. When we arrived at TSMM the que was already 120 minutes and all regular fast passes were gone. (Because of the craziness of the ticket upgrade earlier we didn't have time to run over to TSMM before breakfast). Had I not had the FP+ we wouldn't have done Toy Story.
I didn't feel rushed to get to the next attraction either. All of our big ticket plans were already set up.
The downsides I see are: if you're not staying on property and you're not there early then be prepared to wait in long lines for popular attractions. If you're at the end of your fast pass time and its a lengthy attraction, such as Movie Ride, you may miss out on your next reservation. I see Disers coming out with planning guidelines that involve the length time of attractions to help folks figure strategies on what times to choose. I felt like a contortionist at times to get it to work properly. The kiosk carts and the room sensor were the worst. Not a big deal but it took some crazy arm maneuvers at times to get that crazy little circle to read my band. My DH just carried his around so he never had an issue. I really liked not having to dig out my KTTW card. All in all, success!

8 months until AKL with the entire family! So sad

Sounds like you had a great trip :) Your son is super cute. Did your DH end up wearing the Smee hat?

Lol yes! Well... For most of the night anyways! Every now and again he'd take it off and stash it in the stroller. The biggest issue was letting DS hold Tinkerbell. Every time I turned around DH would hide her from me. Crazy man! Lol

Thanks on the compliment! I'm kind of partial to him. We've had so many health scares in his short two years that I am pretty smitten with him. We're so blessed that he's still with us so I have to try daily to not be a crazy overprotective mom.

Never bought a refillable mug...I'm wondering how they work on split stays with the RFID.

From what I understand the mugs are date specific not resort specific, so if you buy a 10 day refill at one resort and change to another resort as long as you are within your 10 days AND the new resort has the chip refill machines you should be fine. I would still hold onto my receipt though as anything and everything changes at WDW even when it's supposed to remain the same. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter