• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now I'm REALLY excited!!

The Sybah Shelstah

Mouseketeer
My trip is definite now!
I know that sounds really weird since I've been talking about this upcoming solo trip for a little while now (a few days I guess?) but I hadn't really talked to my husband about it yet. LOL That probably sounds even weirder huh? Well, the thing is he was planning on going deep-sea fishing with a friend of his from work and I am sooo not into doing something like that. So I just kept hinting and hinting that I wouldn't enjoy that and won't go out on the boat/etc until finally HE was the one that mentioned maybe I should go do something else then!
hehe
I'm a stinker eh? But hey, it works better if he thinks HE'S the one that thought up such a lovely idea. HAHA

So anyway- now my plans are definite because he has no problem with it! Yeah! I've already reserved my room and already ordered the ticket for the flight (online). Even changed my seating because I gotta have a window seat! haha

I'm not scared of flying somewhere alone. My son is 5 now but when I was 6 and 8mo pregnant with him I flew to other states (Ca and Ill.- I'm in Texas) without my husband on business trips (which I also threw in a little pleasure also- like Disneyland!!! and Cirque DuSoleil while there) -so I know I'm not afraid of flying alone. IN fact I'm less scared of flying alone than when we travel together without the kids (which we've done twice- once vacation and once on a business trip) because then I'm afraid if something happens our children are orphans. Morbid huh? But that's the way my mind works. This way atleast they still have their daddy if something happens to me. :)

I think I will have a blast there alone. I probably would prefer a friend but no one can come with me right now because of work or not enough finances/etc. I'll enjoy most of the time alone... doing what I want WHEN I want and just having some time away from the everyday stresses of being a stay-at-home-mom/etc. I'm just worried about SOMETIMES during my stay I might feel a little lonely. I really wish I could work out a time to meet some of you atleast once during that time because it sounds like a lot of you are going during that time! (19th-28th) Let me know, okay? :)

I just had to type out my excitement. My plans are DEFINITE now. :)

This is exciting! I wish I could be there in January but I can't :(

Aw, I wish you could too!
I hope I don't freeze to death. LOL Being also a native Texan you might understand that while it does get cold here sometimes... and probably the same as Florida- I tend to stay inside when it's cold. If it gets cold while there and I'm OUTSIDE... I might freeze my toots off. LOL
My only concern, albeit a minor one, right now is that going alone I don't have that stroller!!! I'll have to carry everything- including my jacket if it's warm but I want it with me for early morning/later when it's cooler. Shoot. Guess it's a fair trade to get to do what I want/etc while there! LOL

Oh and my kids found out today. They were so nosey when I was talking to DH. They are not very pleased with me at the moment- since they don't get to go! LOL

call my cell if you want 805-901-0469

I sent you a PM

Rachael

Hey, fellow Texan! Down here in deep south Texas, we might have a freeze this weekend-so it won't be too much different if it's cold in WDW. I just had to suggest this if you're used to pushing a stroller in WDW: Rent a locker and put everything, including the camera, in it. Then go walk around the park (OK, I admit, probably an hour without your camera will be the limit). It's the strangest, but greatest, feeling of total freedom. And you won't get far before people start coming up to you asking for directions or asking questions. If you're not carrying anything, you must work there, right? Don't all tourists carry cameras? I think this is fun when I'm on a solo trip.

We'll be there Jan 24-28 staying at CBR. Planning on doing lunch at Beaches & Cream on the 24th with one of our food vouchers. If you want to stop by we'd love to have you. Maybe you can help us polish off the famous Kitchen Sink.

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter