Numbness

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
Right now it is 3:16am. I got no ounce of sleep even though I took 2 Advil PMs and 4 melatonins. Its like I don't know what it feels like to feel tired. I'm never happy/sad or excited. I always feel "Numb". I just stare out of my two eyes on the big world where nothing means anything to me any more. I am always in pain from aching all over and the one thing that my parents say is because I'm over weight. They blame everything on my weight.

There are many people today that are over weight but still feel happy about things. Where as I just feel numb...feel like an object.

I am supposed to WAKE Up at 6:30am in order to get boarding tickets via south west for our flight tomorrow (on Saturday) to Disney World. Am I excited? No. Am I sad? No. Just Numb. In order to WAKE Up there would be sleep involved but since I'm never tired/hungry or thirsty... I don't have to woken up with an alarm.

When I go to my parents on how I feel they say "No you don't." like i'm making something up. I want to feel excited for Disney World tomorrow...

Can anyone help me?
Has anyone else felt like this? Numb, no emotions, achy all the time?
I know it's not from being over weight.

Right now it is 3:16am. I got no ounce of sleep even though I took 2 Advil PMs and 4 melatonins. Its like I don't know what it feels like to feel tired. I'm never happy/sad or excited. I always feel "Numb". I just stare out of my two eyes on the big world where nothing means anything to me any more. I am always in pain from aching all over and the one thing that my parents say is because I'm over weight. They blame everything on my weight.

There are many people today that are over weight but still feel happy about things. Where as I just feel numb...feel like an object.

I am supposed to WAKE Up at 6:30am in order to get boarding tickets via south west for our flight tomorrow (on Saturday) to Disney World. Am I excited? No. Am I sad? No. Just Numb. In order to WAKE Up there would be sleep involved but since I'm never tired/hungry or thirsty... I don't have to woken up with an alarm.

When I go to my parents on how I feel they say "No you don't." like i'm making something up. I want to feel excited for Disney World tomorrow...

Can anyone help me?

I don't mean to make light of this in any way, shape or form, but I think i have suggested many a time some type of therapy.. Have you tried that route? You seem very depressed to me..

I agree with mommasita. It sounds like from this post and others that you may need therapy. I will say a prayer for you and hope you get the professional help that you need.

I have been seeing a therapist since 2007... Nothing seems to work. Its like I'm not sure how to view different things, or what. I just am confused about life. I just got home from Disney which was an "okay" trip.

I have been seeing a therapist since 2007... Nothing seems to work. Its like I'm not sure how to view different things, or what. I just am confused about life. I just got home from Disney which was an "okay" trip.

I See, so that is roughly 7 years. Have they touched on why nothing seems to make you happy?

I saw one for only a year, as my insurance no longer covered it (wished they did), and I am struggling now with this issue, so I get you on this... I am NOT trying to play a PRO here, as trust me I am not. I had to switch therapists twice, as I wasn't comfortable with the first couple, and wasn't really honest with them, and felt they didn't get me, and i wasn't really telling it like it was.. Once I realized I was only fooling myself, I spoke to them and asked if I could find someone who I could feel more comfortable being myself with, and I did, and it really did help.. Are you being open and honest? Spilling your guts so to speak? I think for myself I had a hard time with that, once that hurdle was over, it was an honest relief,and the help was tremendous.

It just seems to be a long time, so I ask if you have perhaps switched therapists,as there are so many, and not everyone works for us.

Can anyone help me?

I was going to write to you after I read the word "numb" in the first paragraph of your post- but I ended up reading through after other words caught my eye.

What I was originally going to suggest- which helps ME- is to do some form of exorcise, in the early part of the day. Not necessarily the morning- but before it gets dark.
I am not telling you this because you say you are overweight, I am telling you this because I am NOT overweight and don't need to go to the gym at all- but it works for me. When I get down and out, and sucked into the vortex of 'numbness' and no sleep, it helps for me to do something, ANYTHING that involves movement. Sometimes I take the stairs (I live in a 15 story highrise, on the 15th floor!) - and just doing something like this, heaving and heart jumping out of my chest, feels like an accomplishment, plus not for nothing- it definitely feels good to sweat and get my heart going.

Sometimes I walk really REALLY far to the grocery that's a little more difficult to get to (I live in Manhattan, hence all the walking and stairs!).

Anyway, I'm not telling you to lose weight- do whatever you like- but I am saying that some form of movement plus the feeling of accomplishment, really helps me sleep a little better.

Now, if only I could win the lottery. Then I would walk my *** right out of my relationship....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter