Nursery Time

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
My husband, 7 year old and 2 year old plus my parents will be on the Fantasy in April in Concierge. I have been made the planner for some reason. When my parents next visit I hope to sit down and chat with them about everything so I can be ready in December to talk to shoreside. I know that we will want to use the nursery here and there. I have thought about maybe using it after dinner for a bit to give my older daughter time with us and to see the shows. Can anyone share when they found the nursery to be the most helpful? Thanks much.

We cruised with our 1 year old last year (turned 1 on the cruise), and we used the nursery during port adventures and during the show each night. We started off the cruise with our daughter joining us for the show, but it ended up being too much as she just wanted to walk around. She was just entering that separation anxiety phase, and the nursery staff did wonderful with her each night. She was offered snack and food at meal times (we had to approve the food, and this was done on a paper at sign in). We have nursery time booked for our upcoming cruises in december for port adventures and Palo dining times. She's now interested in live shows, so we'll keep her with us during the show each night. If for some reason that doesn't work; I'll book some nursery time for her during the shows. They have a separate area designated for sleeping, so if you want to go out a little later in the evening you can do that and take the youngster to the nursery to sleep.

We cruised with our 1 year old last year (turned 1 on the cruise), and we used the nursery during port adventures and during the show each night. We started off the cruise with our daughter joining us for the show, but it ended up being too much as she just wanted to walk around. She was just entering that separation anxiety phase, and the nursery staff did wonderful with her each night. She was offered snack and food at meal times (we had to approve the food, and this was done on a paper at sign in). We have nursery time booked for our upcoming cruises in december for port adventures and Palo dining times. She's now interested in live shows, so we'll keep her with us during the show each night. If for some reason that doesn't work; I'll book some nursery time for her during the shows. They have a separate area designated for sleeping, so if you want to go out a little later in the evening you can do that and take the youngster to the nursery to sleep.
Thank you Sarah. That is exactly what I was looking for. My parents will definitely watch her some of the time but was curious about after dinner time. She is a day care kid so should be fine with the transition. Thanks again.

Thank you Sarah. That is exactly what I was looking for. My parents will definitely watch her some of the time but was curious about after dinner time. She is a day care kid so should be fine with the transition. Thanks again.

Sure thing! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask away! We had to fill out a paper each time we signed her into the nursery. The paper covered the following: what she was bringing with her (bag/description, diapers, wipes, bib, water bottle, etc), if/when we wanted her to nap, if she was potty trained/training, what snacks they could give her, if she could eat the meal being offered (they brought food over from the kids' club), etc.

Sure thing! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask away! We had to fill out a paper each time we signed her into the nursery. The paper covered the following: what she was bringing with her (bag/description, diapers, wipes, bib, water bottle, etc), if/when we wanted her to nap, if she was potty trained/training, what snacks they could give her, if she could eat the meal being offered (they brought food over from the kids' club), etc.
Thanks again Sarah. That is all very helpful. Doing advanced planning on this seems tricky. Thanks again.

I just sailed last week with my DD...turns 2 in December. I ended up putting her in from 5:30-9pm. She just couldn't sit thru that long of a meal. We had early dining. The nursery would feed her and change her to pjs and put her down to sleep around 7:30 as I asked. We did bring her to dinner on AP night and crush night so she could see the shows. We could've left her in past 9 and done some adult stuff but I found that there was a major lull btwn early dinner and the adult scene revving up (10:15) so we ended up getting tired during that time and just going to bed early. Haha, we are lame.
We also used it for 2 ports...one we took our older kids ashore and thenother was a date day so all the kids stayed on the clubs. She napped in there too. It was amazing. I thought she wouldn't sleep there but they said she laid right down and went straight to sleep. She sleeps great at home but doesn't go to daycare so I was shocked!
We also had her in for Palo brunch and a couple hours our other seA day during nap time so we could relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts