NYC Hotel recommendations

mickeyd78

Mouseketeer
We're planning a week in NYC next Christmas before heading to WDW. After reading many reviews, I've had my eye on staying at Hotel Beacon on the Upper West Side. We love that area of NYC. However, room rates are currently around AUD $1,000 per night for Christmas week. This year they were closer to $300 p/n, so I suspect they will come down. However just in case they don't I need a Plan B hotel.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at a NYC hotel you'd recommend for a family of four (kids aged 7 & 5). We'd prefer not to stay too close to the busyness of Time Square, but somewhere close to a subway station would be great.

I recently went to New York (April 2017) and we stayed in Park Central Hotel. We got an amazing deal through Expedia and paid half the price of any other site at the time. We stayed in a premier room, which I found was quite big. It isn't on the Upper West Side, it is on 7th Avenue. I found the location was amazing. It was just down the road from Times Square (about a 5-10min walk) but far enough away that you didn't feel like it was very busy. It was just across the road from Central Park or a few mins walk if you wanted to go to the main entrance. There was a bike rental company just up the road, the bus tour company main building and bus stop was only a few minutes down the road and there is a subway just around the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter