NYE at epcot question..

Dave F1000

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if anyone knows who will be playing at the America Gardens theater new year's eve?
I understand the British Revolution will be playing late night sets, but am trying to see if there are any other live music options.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

first off :welcome:
The schedule of events is not out yet but if we go from years past there will be a DJ at the Fountain of Nations, DJ with fire breathing dragon in China, DJ with techno music and lasers in Italy, DJ and also a live latin band in American Adventure and also the silent party (could be Japan or behind Spaceship Earth)
British Revolution will start their first set at 6:55pm after Illuminations and their last set is right after the NY fireworks at midnight
All the parties start at 7pm after Illuminations

Thanks Yulilin3, the last time I was at Epcot for NYE was in 2000 when it was TERRIBLY COLD (28F) and Tito Puente and his scantily clad dancers were entertaining..they were pretty amazing,even as they were freezing. Looks like the weather will be much more cooperative this year. It sounds like a great idea to have both a dj and live music. Let the party begin!

Thanks Yulilin3, the last time I was at Epcot for NYE was in 2000 when it was TERRIBLY COLD (28F) and Tito Puente and his scantily clad dancers were entertaining..they were pretty amazing,even as they were freezing. Looks like the weather will be much more cooperative this year. It sounds like a great idea to have both a dj and live music. Let the party begin!
they do usually have dancers at the latin party, it's super fun. I'll be there for the festivities and craziness this year :)

Wow! Tito Puente! That would be amazing!

first off :welcome:
The schedule of events is not out yet but if we go from years past there will be a DJ at the Fountain of Nations, DJ with fire breathing dragon in China, DJ with techno music and lasers in Italy, DJ and also a live latin band in American Adventure and also the silent party (could be Japan or behind Spaceship Earth)
British Revolution will start their first set at 6:55pm after Illuminations and their last set is right after the NY fireworks at midnight
All the parties start at 7pm after Illuminations

We will be at Epcot for NYE for the first time this year! So excited, but also mentally preparing for the crowds!

When and how do we get a schedule for the parties?

Thanks all for the information! I am sure this "little gathering" will be a lot of fun.

I've heard that the lines exiting Epcot after midnight are pretty epic, are you all planning to shelter in place (or in line at test track) till the lines die down?

Thanks all for the information! I am sure this "little gathering" will be a lot of fun.

I've heard that the lines exiting Epcot after midnight are pretty epic, are you all planning to shelter in place (or in line at test track) till the lines die down?
We book BWI so we can walk out after

We book BWI so we can walk out after

A great plan, enjoy those amazing accommodations.

DW and I have way overspent our Disney budget this year.. family trip for 15 in May, her extravagant milestone birthday in September when we stayed at Yacht club, finally ate at Victoria and Albert's, California Grill Sunday Brunch..not to mention all the Food and Wine festivities.

We are at the pop this time (and feeling fortunate to make the trip at all.)

I stay in the park until around 2-2:30, traffic isn't horrible by that point

I've been to Epcot NYE the last three years... Once I drove, once staying at Coronado, once staying at Beach Club.

The year I drove, I made my way out to my car around 1:00am. Sat for about an hour before attempting to leave. Even then, traffic was pretty much a standstill. Took about 40 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

Second year, stayed at Coronado. Left the park around 2:00am. Waited an hour and a half before we got on a bus.

Third year, stumbled back to Beach Club around 1:30am. It was the best and worth every penny it cost to stay there. Kept saying I would do that every year -- until it finally came time to make reservations for this year and I just couldn't make that money sacrifice again lol.

I've been to Epcot NYE the last three years... Once I drove, once staying at Coronado, once staying at Beach Club.

The year I drove, I made my way out to my car around 1:00am. Sat for about an hour before attempting to leave. Even then, traffic was pretty much a standstill. Took about 40 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

Second year, stayed at Coronado. Left the park around 2:00am. Waited an hour and a half before we got on a bus.

Third year, stumbled back to Beach Club around 1:30am. It was the best and worth every penny it cost to stay there. Kept saying I would do that every year -- until it finally came time to make reservations for this year and I just couldn't make that money sacrifice again lol.
that's why I stay in the park as long as I can, no point sitting in your car (although a good alternative if you are tired) or wait for a bus when I can be inside the park taking in the atmosphere, walking around enjoying the music loops
I do bring a blanket, water and some snacks and leave in the car, always go to the restrooms right before I leave

We had reservations at POR, but then read about all the traffic, panicked, and got in on a "good" deal and splurged to be at Beach Club. We will just stumble out at midnight or stay later. We will still be on California time, so it will only feel like 9pm. We usually watch the ball drop at 9pm and go to bed anyway, so we figured we might as well be on East coast time for real this year. Ha, ha!

I wonder if the new parking lot exit at Hollywood Studios will make that park a faster option when leaving? Considering parking there and walking to Epcot to the international gateway entrance.

Studios isn't a bad idea, actually! We're at AK this year and are considering park transportation to get to Epcot, then walking to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach and getting an Uber from there back to the hotel.

Keep in mind that Disney and orange county police change traffic patterns to get people out of the PARKS faster, so some streets from the resorts will be blocked for a while

I am incredibly good at outsmarting myself!

I am reminded of this every time I pick the "shortest" line at the grocery store which ends up taking more time than any other line.

With that in mind, I will patiently wait in the park.

I wonder if the new parking lot exit at Hollywood Studios will make that park a faster option when leaving? Considering parking there and walking to Epcot to the international gateway entrance.
I did not know there was a new HS exit. Is it a long walk from HS parking lot to IG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!