:O( We're not going!!!

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Well we finally got the rates from Air Transat for after Xmas and they wanted $2300 for the 3 of us. Add the $1000US+ for hotel, $310US car rental, passes and meals..... we're talking way too much for off-site accomodations. We can go value seaon for the same price and stay on-site..... of well disappointed!

Have you guys ever considered renting one of those houses?

What about Skyservice?

It seems such a shame not to go.

Good Luck.

Scratch
:smooth:

PS Elephant is doing fine!

What about driving? :eek:

I know, I know... but you will have your car down there so you can skip the rental and skip the flights. It's better than not going at all

>>^..^<<

Have you checked flights out of Buffalo. Sotuthwest usually have cheaper direct flights.

I have run it by my fiance and we are now discussing going over our THanksgiving instead....so we may still get a trip :O)
Fingers crossed and pixie dust for me!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi Tigger2on. I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of cancelling your plans. When I just checked the Southwest Air website for a non-stop flight leaving December 26th (~7:30 a.m.) from Buffalo and a second non-stop flight returning January 3rd to Buffalo (~ 10:30 a.m.) I got a price of $1,068 USD for 3 people. (I think those were your dates from responding to another post on the Theme Park Strategies Board). That's even what Southwest calls a refundable fare (meaning it's refundable and changeable but I'm sure there's some fine print).

Okay - hotels. How about staying on-site at a value resort for the first several days? Pop Century (and I think ASMu and ASSp) is charging $127.68 USD per night up until the 31st, but on January 1st the prices drop to the value season rates, and maybe you could spend the last few days of your vacation in a deluxe resort or get a good rate in the value resort. Disney will arrange to have your bags transferred while you have fun in the parks.

Okay, now that you're staying on-site, you won't even need that rental car. Another $310 USD saved!

Fingers crossed for you. The Thanksgiving trip sound like it would be fun, too!!

I hope you end up going tigger2on ... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;) Airfare is a killer and there isn't much of a choice for direct flights. We're thinking of flying Southwest in December or driving... as long as we can find an extra person or two to drive.

Fingers crossed for you. The price of airfare is why we driving. Driving also allows us to take all of our snackies with us plus a case of water. It's also not that bad. I've actually done the drive by myself when DS was 2 and I was visiting a friend that was living in Orlando at the time. We usually take 2.5 days to drive down although I have over the years done the straight through driving but find that too exhausting to recover from. It's worth a consideration as is flying out of Buffalo if at all possible.

Though driving sounds like a great idea, we are unable to do so with my daughter as she is severely disabled ( non-mobile/non-verbal) and requires the ability to lie down and stand up throughout the day as we do not want her to get scoliosis of the spine sooner than necessary... to drive would mean hundreds of stops!!!! So we have no choice but to fly :O(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter