Oahu/Aulani on July 4th - where to best avoid crowds

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Aulani over July 4th. I anticipate the resort itself will be very crowded.

On July 4th specifically, which tourist-type attractions do you you think will be least busy? I thought perhaps that would be a good day to book a snorkeling tour, or maybe drive up to the North Shore.

I’m not sure which attractions won’t be busy, but I can tell you where to avoid:

- Ala Moana shopping center
- Ala Moana beach park and Magic Island
- Tantlis (east side of the mountain)
- Ward area
- Kailua town
- Schofield/Wahiawa area (if they’re still doing a fireworks show) - if you’re driving to the north shore that day be sure to time your drive to avoid the traffic in this area

We were there two years ago on the 4th of July, and it was busy, but managable. Their fireworks were awesome, we had such a great time on the beach that afternoon/night.

We did a cabana that day in 2016. Ate at Ama Ama and watched the fireworks from our balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!