Oasis of the Seas self-disembark - Port Canaveral

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We'll be disembarking Oasis of the Seas in Port Canaveral. We'll be carrying off our own luggage. What time should we get in line to get off the ship and what time should I tell my driver to meet us at? Our flight home is at 12:30pm, so I'd like to be at MCO by 10-10:30am at the latest. Earlier is fine. Thanks all!

We'll be disembarking Oasis of the Seas in Port Canaveral. We'll be carrying off our own luggage. What time should we get in line to get off the ship and what time should I tell my driver to meet us at? Our flight home is at 12:30pm, so I'd like to be at MCO by 10-10:30am at the latest. Earlier is fine. Thanks all!

We just sailed the Oasis for our first time on the Jan. 8 Eastern. We also carried our own luggage down for debarkation. I believe we went down around 6:30 to get in line and were already probably 40 people back. By the time the ship was cleared by Customs and they started allowing people off, the line was wrapped almost all the way around the entire promenade ( A Long Long Line). We were off the ship and in our vehicle (Which we parked in their parking deck) on the road by 7:20. So if not in a big hurry, you could go to breakfast and let a lot of people off ahead of you. Not sure how the line builds or diminishes in the hour or so after they start debarkation because we were already off the ship.

i'm reading this message about 9 months after the fact: Did you make your 12:30 flight? I'm doing Oasis of the seas in Port Canaveral and I'm considering a 11:30am flight out of MCO airport. Would you suggest it or go on the evening flight?

This is a difficult question because the answer really depends on customs. We just debarked on Sunday, Oct 8. We got in line at 6:40am and were in a long line which was moving. We had parked in the garage and were past customs and in our car by 7:20am with plenty of time to head to airport. When we left, it was clear the ship had been delayed by customs as not 1 piece of luggage had been offloaded or arranged at that time. For anyone not carrying off, I suspect they had a rough time making any early flight. I also heard one crew member, as we were departing, say over radio, they were backed up on both gangways more than ever before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!