Oasis of the Seas with a toddler

LilyFlor

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are going to be going on the Oasis in just over a month with our 2 year old DD. We have already taken her on 2 DCL Cruises (yes, she is a lucky little girl!) and know what to expect on them. But I feel totally blind when it comes to our upcoming cruise.

We intend to use their nursery but wondering if anyone has any experience with it. She has spent quite a bit of time in the Small World Nursery on DCL. Are they pretty similar? Do they feed them meals if they are there during those times? How are they with criers lol? DD is a daycare kid but still cries like i'm giving her away at dropoff. She's fine after a few minutes though. I'm sure they have had their share of hysterical kids but I just wanted to see if anyone else has been through that. Do reservations need to be made ahead of time or can they just be dropped off whenever?

Any other RC specific tips with a toddler would be much appreciated too. We're pretty experienced cruisers (8 total on DCL...2 with DD) but have never tried another line. We're very much looking forward to it and want to get the most out of the week!

TIA!

We went on Harmony of the Seas last year with our two year old and I was super impressed with the nursery. They are very good with children who cry. Our son had never spent any time in a day care situation and by the end he seemed to really enjoy going. They had toys we could check out for our ds to play with In our room. I felt completely comfortable leaving our toddler, which is saying something because I am really paranoid.

Although we did not use the nursery onboard Oasis this past week as my son was 3 and went to adventure ocean, we have used nursery on all 4 Disney ships and 10 RCCL ships. I find both to be similar (albeit Some RCCL nurseries considerably smaller) with very caring providers and able to handle criers very well. They do provide a phone in case of problem, but for the most part he did well in all of them. As I walked by nursery on Oasis, I found it to be spacious, clean, and well used, so I might make a few reservations for the standard busy times just to be safe. You will find the h2O zone on pool deck great for the little one and they have a large open play room in the adventure ocean area with age appropriate toys for 6months to 5 yr old. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts