Oct - Dec 2019 no longer on sale

I spoke with the involuntary changes departments and there instructions are offer AK or refund.

They wont advise on anything else.

All rumours I know but rumblings of free dining ending, paid fastpass rolling out further and all around Star Wars opening where people will pay the higher prices.

So will more availability come out at some point or is it all full

If you look at CBR for example is has no availability for standard rooms at all late next year. Only pirate rooms

Plus many other resorts aren’t even coming up
I did a dummy booking for a 3 week stay arriving in mid September 2019 earlier today and the only moderate resorts offered were CB, CS & a cabin at FW. Built the booking on CB and can confirm that the only rooms offered were the Pirate ones. POR & POFQ did not even appear even though POR was being offered as a special on the home page. If Disney are limiting rooms then it is not surprising that operators like Virgin are having problems. I think the lesson here is to book your holiday as soon as dates are released - we are travelling next month and I booked it 430 days out - it's all in the planning!

There's availability on the USA site for all hotels, either room only and with a package. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any offers appearing such as free dining as it's early but it's well worth a look for prices. The WL looks very reasonable.

We normally book our hotel about six months before travel and never have a problem getting what we want as there's so much more choice of rooms on the USA site.

There's availability on the USA site for all hotels, either room only and with a package. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any offers appearing such as free dining as it's early but it's well worth a look for prices. The WL looks very reasonable.

We normally book our hotel about six months before travel and never have a problem getting what we want as there's so much more choice of rooms on the USA site.
None of my devices will let me into the US site, but I don’t doubt there are plenty of rooms left. We booked Beach club for nov 2019 in April to secure free dining and have been contacted by Virgin holidays to say it is no longer available.
I’m so upset and frustrated, because I know there will still be rooms free they just won’t let me have one! They will not budge. I have spoken to many people and sent many emails but Virgin have just been vile about the situation to be honest. My only options were to downgrade to AKL (which we have stayed at last year so wanted something different), or pay to upgrade to the GF (no way am I giving them more money for their mistake).
For now I have been moved to AKL. And trying to be positive but tbh it’s hard to not just feel disappointed, I really had my heart set on the Boardwalk area. I’ve emailed Disney as a last resort, but doubt they can do anything as I booked through Virgin. Never again!

None of my devices will let me into the US site, but I don’t doubt there are plenty of rooms left. We booked Beach club for nov 2019 in April to secure free dining and have been contacted by Virgin holidays to say it is no longer available.
I’m so upset and frustrated, because I know there will still be rooms free they just won’t let me have one! They will not budge. I have spoken to many people and sent many emails but Virgin have just been vile about the situation to be honest. My only options were to downgrade to AKL (which we have stayed at last year so wanted something different), or pay to upgrade to the GF (no way am I giving them more money for their mistake).
For now I have been moved to AKL. And trying to be positive but tbh it’s hard to not just feel disappointed, I really had my heart set on the Boardwalk area. I’ve emailed Disney as a last resort, but doubt they can do anything as I booked through Virgin. Never again!

You’ve got me really concerned now as I’ve got 2 rooms booked at The Yacht Club for Dec 14th 2019 to Jan 4th 2020 with Ocean Florida. We obviously don’t have free dining as it’s not offered at Xmas but we do have a package with 21 day tickets and the dining plan.

No one at Ocean Florida has been in contact to say anything about having to move or cancel.

My DH and I are actually going for a last minute booked trip on Sept 3rd this year for just a week and I’ve just seen that there is a bounceback offer for free dining currently being offered for the very dates we are going so I was actually going to see if it was worthwhile booking the bounceback offer and cancelling the Ocean Florida package.

Last edited:
We thought about it overnight but have decided to cancel our holiday.

Asked again why it look so long and why only Animal Kingdom was offered as an alternative and it was stated it was per Disney instructions in anticipation of changes next year to which they have no further information.

Gutted but we hadnt told the kids yet. Might leave now until mid 2020 and let the mad crowds for Star Wars calm down first.

You’ve got me really concerned now as I’ve got 2 rooms booked at The Yacht Club for Dec 14th 2019 to Jan 4th 2020 with Ocean Florida. We obviously don’t have free dining as it’s not offered at Xmas but we do have a package with 21 day tickets and the dining plan.

No one at Ocean Florida has been in contact to say anything about having to move or cancel.

My DH and I are actually going for a last minute booked trip on Sept 3rd this year for just a week and I’ve just seen that there is a bounceback offer for free dining currently being offered for the very dates we are going so I was actually going to see if it was worthwhile booking the bounceback offer and cancelling the Ocean Florida package.
I’ve heard that the problem is mainly November. I actually spoke to somebody from Ocean Florida yesterday just trying to get some quotes. The person I spoke to was like a breath of fresh air after dealing with Virgin, even though they didn’t have availability for what I wanted. I’m sure Ocean will take the time to negotiate for you if anything arises. Virgin don’t care. They’ll sell the rooms either way. They just kept saying “well you can cancel if you!re not happy”. They just wanted rid of me.

I have CBR booked. For 24th November for two weeks. Is this Likley to change. I booked it direct with Disney

I have CBR booked. For 24th November for two weeks. Is this Likley to change. I booked it direct with Disney
I believe the only problems have been with Virgin or derivatives of Virgin. Despite only showing pirate rooms for Sept-Nov since the inventory came back online our standard room at CBR booked with Disney linked exactly as booked back in April.

The issue only seems to be with Virgin. I am kicking myself for booking through them.

What does everyone actually think the problems are here

There is probaly loads of rooms left at all the resorts

Why are Disney not wanting to get all the booking in. Strange

What does everyone actually think the problems are here

There is probaly loads of rooms left at all the resorts

Why are Disney not wanting to get all the booking in. Strange
I’ve heard many different answers I don’t know what to believe. I just don’t understand how they can deny me the room I booked ages ago when it’s available on the US website.

Virgin may be unhelpful in many ways but I think this boils down to Disney. Virgin are not going to want you to cancel free of charge.

I'm beginning to distrust Disney but not enough to stop holidaying there :sad2:

It's very strange and I guess it's something to do with new Star Wars.

Personally I think that Virgin have overbooked thinking that Disney were going to allocate them far more rooms than they did. Disney have probably held back in light of the Star Wars opening therefore Virgin have now got the problem of too many rooms sold. This unfortunately is the danger of booking way in advance through a travel agency - even though you certainly wouldn't and shouldn't expect it.

The rooms are available as can be seen on the USA site - it's simply that Disney hasn't released them to Virgin. I'm only speculating as to why they haven't.

It's easy to access the USA site. Go on to Disney, click on the globe and change the language to USA English.

It's obviously so disappointing to have your holiday plans scuppered but it's so easy to book through the USA site. You only need to pay a deposit and can change resorts without losing the deposit and can also cancel up to a week before departure.

Personally I think that Virgin have overbooked thinking that Disney were going to allocate them far more rooms than they did. Disney have probably held back in light of the Star Wars opening therefore Virgin have now got the problem of too many rooms sold. This unfortunately is the danger of booking way in advance through a travel agency - even though you certainly wouldn't and shouldn't expect it.

The rooms are available as can be seen on the USA site - it's simply that Disney hasn't released them to Virgin. I'm only speculating as to why they haven't.

It's easy to access the USA site. Go on to Disney, click on the globe and change the language to USA English.

It's obviously so disappointing to have your holiday plans scuppered but it's so easy to book through the USA site. You only need to pay a deposit and can change resorts without losing the deposit and can also cancel up to a week before departure.
I have certainly learnt my lesson. I had issues with my Wilderness Lodge booking a couple of years ago and Virgin were utterly useless. I shouldn’t have given them another chance. From now on I’ll be going directly to Disney.

I have certainly learnt my lesson. I had issues with my Wilderness Lodge booking a couple of years ago and Virgin were utterly useless. I shouldn’t have given them another chance. From now on I’ll be going directly to Disney.

At the moment there's little availability on the Disney UK site too. Hopefully more rooms will be released.

I think I read this on the Dibb somewhere but don't recall where exactly. Someone posted that certain resorts did not want to partcipate in FD anymore, or at least not with all their room types or for (nearly) the full year. From what I remember the poster mentioned that rooms had been sold before the resorts had given their okay or pulled out.

I have no idea if this is true but it seems like a plausible explanation for pulling the inventory and having only certain resorts and room types return. CBR is a prime example because you can only find pirate rooms from September 1st onwards, i.e. around the time the Skyliner and the Mickey ride are expected to be open. If the above is true then it could be that the revenue management team for CBR has decided that they won't need promotions to fill their rooms in the Fall, so only the most expensive (and least popular?) rooms are available with the offer. It is not new for there to be resort or date exclusions, as is evident from the US FD offers. However, if that poster was correct then it could very well be that we booked rooms before the resorts knew that rooms were being sold with the offer. As they use the 499-day planning horizon in the US this would explain why all dates beyond that horizon were pulled and why they're only releasing them in batches now, well within the 499-day window.

If all of this is true then they (Disney UK and agencies other than Virgin) must've come to an agreement with the resorts to honour FD bookings that were booked before the inventory was pulled. Once the FD offer ends I would expect all resorts to become available again at full price, as most were before the offer went live.

As for Virgin, the selling well over their allocation theory does sound like the most plausible one to me because they're the only tour operator or TA I've seen complaints about. To my knowledge they're also the only ones who started to accept bookings well before the offer went live with Disney. So who knows, maybe they even started to sell before having been given an allocation. They lured in a lot of people being the first but it's coming back to bite them. It makes sense that Disney would give priority to bookings made by WDTC and agencies who played by the rules.

Probably not Virgin's fault - they can only sell what Disney allocates to them and if Disney suddenly change their allocations then the Tour Operators such as Virgin have no option. It seems that rooms are available on the US Disney site but not on the UK Disney site so they are certainly doing something to restrict access from the UK (and maybe other countries as well). Similar situation with moderate resorts - suddenly on the UK Disney site there are no rooms available at POR or POFQ and only the higher priced Pirate rooms at CB for the same period. Maybe Disney are pulling rooms back for that period as they can sell them for a higher price in the US with a higher demand expected then due to Star Wars opening. Just a thought.

Probably not Virgin's fault - they can only sell what Disney allocates to them and if Disney suddenly change their allocations then the Tour Operators such as Virgin have no option. It seems that rooms are available on the US Disney site but not on the UK Disney site so they are certainly doing something to restrict access from the UK (and maybe other countries as well). Similar situation with moderate resorts - suddenly on the UK Disney site there are no rooms available at POR or POFQ and only the higher priced Pirate rooms at CB for the same period. Maybe Disney are pulling rooms back for that period as they can sell them for a higher price in the US with a higher demand expected then due to Star Wars opening. Just a thought.
I’m not sure who is to blame, Virgin blame Disney, and Disney blame Virgin. But I know that people who booked after me, but booked directly with Disney, have got their rooms. So whoever is at fault, I will always be booking directly with Disney in the future

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!