October 19th, 2018 14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise

I work as an accountant for a CPA firm and been filled with work and haven't even noticed it was less than 200 days! I can't wait until after April 17th, then I can really get excited!

Right there with you! I am not in a firm, but have a large clientele and have very little time to just look at my boards. I am hoping for just a handful of extensions so that I am not rushing to get out returns before the trip.

Right there with you! I am not in a firm, but have a large clientele and have very little time to just look at my boards. I am hoping for just a handful of extensions so that I am not rushing to get out returns before the trip.

Lol, same here, i'm going to have to make my bosses to push our clients to get the extensions out way early. I'll be too distracted with our trip on October 15, lol.

Hello Everyone!

Me and my husband are SO excited to go on this trip. We will be traveling with his parents, Paul and Sharon. This will be our third Disney Cruise together. My husband has been on a few before we met and he actually went on this itinerary on the Magic in 08/08 when we first started dating (it's actually the 10 year anniversary of our first date today!)

We are from Northern, CA and my in laws are from the East Bay, CA.

We are interested in the FE-My MIL has seen this on other trips and is very excited about this, but if anyone can send me the link to the "rules" about it I would appreciate it.

Anyway, just wanted to say WOOOOOOHOOOOOO and we can't wait to meet everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Me and my husband are SO excited to go on this trip. We will be traveling with his parents, Paul and Sharon. This will be our third Disney Cruise together. My husband has been on a few before we met and he actually went on this itinerary on the Magic in 08/08 when we first started dating (it's actually the 10 year anniversary of our first date today!)

We are interested in the FE-My MIL has seen this on other trips and is very excited about this, but if anyone can send me the link to the "rules" about it I would appreciate it.

We've done one FE-on the Magic from Dover in 2016. It was great fun. If you google fish extenders you'll come up with lots of blogs which tell you about them and give ideas for gifts. We bought the actual FE from Etsy-they have some great ones, and good gifts too Some people make the gifts, some people buy them, it depends how artistic you are. Some people give one gift for the cabin, especially to my mom and dad who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and got a wonderful handmade cushion and a picture frame with Minnie and Mickey amongst other things, most give a little gift to everyone. We got a lot on our first day but people who had done FE before saved them and gave them throughout the cruise which was fun, some people gave gifts on several days, most on just one day.
I got it wrong and didn't put a label on our gifts, actually everyone puts a little tag on saying which room the gift is from. I just downloaded some great free tags from picture the magic. Someone had the sticker address labels made up instead of tags which was a good idea. I made something that people wore (I won't say what since I'm already making them for this FE) and the kids loved going round the ship and spotting someone from our FE group if they were wearing it.
I'm sure there are people in this group who have done the Panama Canal FE before and can say whether it is different on that.

We've done one FE-on the Magic from Dover in 2016. It was great fun. If you google fish extenders you'll come up with lots of blogs which tell you about them and give ideas for gifts. We bought the actual FE from Etsy-they have some great ones, and good gifts too Some people make the gifts, some people buy them, it depends how artistic you are. Some people give one gift for the cabin, especially to my mom and dad who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and got a wonderful handmade cushion and a picture frame with Minnie and Mickey amongst other things, most give a little gift to everyone. We got a lot on our first day but people who had done FE before saved them and gave them throughout the cruise which was fun, some people gave gifts on several days, most on just one day.
I got it wrong and didn't put a label on our gifts, actually everyone puts a little tag on saying which room the gift is from. I just downloaded some great free tags from picture the magic. Someone had the sticker address labels made up instead of tags which was a good idea. I made something that people wore (I won't say what since I'm already making them for this FE) and the kids loved going round the ship and spotting someone from our FE group if they were wearing it.
I'm sure there are people in this group who have done the Panama Canal FE before and can say whether it is different on that.
You need to check this group's FE. Each cruise can be different. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with who's organizing it here as I'm involved with the FB group. I wanted to say though, that generally it is up to you if you want to label your gifts or not. Some people want you to know it's from them, some don't, and prefer to be anonymous. Have fun with it whatever you do.

Last edited:
lbolt123 is organizing the FE here. We've participated in FEs on our last two cruises and did not put labels on the gifts...everyone else did though, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out which ones were from us:rotfl:

lbolt123 is organizing the FE here. We've participated in FEs on our last two cruises and did not put labels on the gifts...everyone else did though, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out which ones were from us:rotfl:
Same as us!

Hi everyone, Someone just posted on the FB page that Galveston is hosting the Lone Star Rally-the biggest motorcycle festival in the US the weekend we dock. We had been planning to stay there but are thinking of changing our booking as there will be 500,000 bikers on the island so it could be a bit noisy! It looks like great fun but not the post-cruise wind down that we had intended.

Hello Everyone!

Hi,
So happy to hear you're joining us. Others have posted about FE so I don't need to add anything. It is a lot of fun! This is our fifth cruise participating and my fourth organizing a group. Can you tell I got hooked early? We do it anonymously, but when you see our FE hanger and receive your gift, as OldPyrate said, you'll know.

I apologize for taking so long to check in. I usually get an email whenever someone posts to this thread. I must've missed it.

I assume you have two staterooms for the four adults. I've added you to the list, as such, and attached it here for you. Please send me your room numbers when you have them so the list will be complete. If you have any questions, you can post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

Again, welcome!

Attachments

• EBPC WONDER 101918 FE LIST.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 11
Still need room numbers for Fish Extender participants:

Allygonga
Mom4mad
Lukikam
gkwylie

Still need room numbers for Fish Extender participants:

Allygonga
Mom4mad
Lukikam
gkwylie
Hi, we went for the cheaper option so don't get allocated a room number until later, I'm assuming once we've paid in full. I'll let you now as soon as we know.

Thank you. You had told me before so I hope you don't think I'm nagging.

Actually, I've heard something from all but Lukikam.

Can you believe it? In five months, we'll be eastbound to the Panama Canal! I can't wait!

With summer coming, there's time to gather or make wonderful Fish Extender gifts. I'm still waiting on a few stateroom numbers. Those of you listed above, please send them as soon as you can.

Any new cruisers wanting to join, just let me know. This list will close Sept. 1. I've found that six weeks out is a good cut-off.

All, stay in touch and have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

Can you believe it? In five months, we'll be eastbound to the Panama Canal! I can't wait!

With summer coming, there's time to gather or make wonderful Fish Extender gifts. I'm still waiting on a few stateroom numbers. Those of you listed above, please send them as soon as you can.

Any new cruisers wanting to join, just let me know. This list will close Sept. 1. I've found that six weeks out is a good cut-off.

I Know we only have enough participants for one FE group right now, but what would you consider the max number of cabins per FE group when we get more participants over the summer?

BTW leaving for DISNEYLAND on Wednesday!!!:jumping1:

I can't wait either!!! I'm also waiting for this Thursday to book my 2nd cruise before I even leave for our first Disney Cruise! Planning to take the transatlantic cruise next September as well =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!