October 2017 Discount and code watch

I called today, a little before noon. Was on hold for 40 minutes. Just wanted to check if any codes were attached to anybody in our party. Unfortunately not. Good luck to everyone.

You can rebook your reservation only if there is availability for that special discount offer. They do not apply a discount to an existing reservation - it is cancelled and rebooked, but only if there is availability.
Actually , I just applied at 25% RO discount that I received in an email to my already existing BRV ressie for October, saved me $1200. My reservation number never changed. So yes you can :)

Is if just me, or is the SPECIAL OFFERS page link "gone" this morning....dare we hope that they are loading in more AP offers for after Oct 7?

Has anyone had luck adding a discount code if the ressie is in another name? My mom received the email code, she is on my ressie with me and my girls, but the ressie is in my name. According to the website there are no rooms available for our dates at our resort (POR) so I'm hesitating calling unless it's going to be worth the hold time.

Actually , I just applied at 25% RO discount that I received in an email to my already existing BRV ressie for October, saved me $1200. My reservation number never changed. So yes you can :)
Glad you were able to get the discount! It's always great to be able to save money. But just because your resv # didn't change doesn't mean they simply applied the discount to an existing reservation. There has to be availability for a discount, and likely, even though the website didn't show any, there were rooms still available, so they re-booked you with a reservation for one of those, but kept your same #. They have only a number of rooms available for discounts.

But regardless of HOW it happened, it happened - so YAY!!!:jumping1:

Just don't want folks to think that they can pre-book a reservation, and have it automatically converted to a discount if something comes out.

Has anyone had luck adding a discount code if the ressie is in another name? My mom received the email code, she is on my ressie with me and my girls, but the ressie is in my name. According to the website there are no rooms available for our dates at our resort (POR) so I'm hesitating calling unless it's going to be worth the hold time.
The reservation has to be in the name of the person who got the code. So a new reservation would have to be made under her name. (At least I'm 99% sure that's how it works. Sometimes just when you are sure you understand how something works, they change it!!!)

Is if just me, or is the SPECIAL OFFERS page link "gone" this morning....dare we hope that they are loading in more AP offers for after Oct 7?

The link may not be in the top drop-down menu, but it is still on the bottom of the page.

Of course I received pin codes all year for various dates I wouldn't use but didn't receive the October offer :confused3

Scratch that - it actually was sitting in my junk mail-- unfortunately nothing for the Yacht/Beach during our dates tho ... decisions to make

Last edited:
I don't understand why I NEVER get any discounts pins, postcards or e-mails!! I have been to Disney numerous times, they have my correct info and address. My entire family gets postcards all the time with discount codes for years now and I never get anything!!! I have even ordered DVD's and DVC info and still nothing! It is maddening!!

I don't understand why I NEVER get any discounts pins, postcards or e-mails!! I have been to Disney numerous times, they have my correct info and address. My entire family gets postcards all the time with discount codes for years now and I never get anything!!! I have even ordered DVD's and DVC info and still nothing! It is maddening!!
THIS is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Disney has a very secret process for sending out discount codes...we used to get them all the time...haven't not for years.

Having issues with our UOC as well. It went to an older email address. I tried using it to see the offers and it would not work. Called Disney they said it was tied to my wife's maiden name? Looks like we have 2 different emails on Disney account, the person said the info hadn't been updated in awhile. I said that's impossible seeing how we were down the in April of last year. Still haven't gotten a code int he mail or to the correct email address. He updated the info but the original code I received still does not work! I tried with my our last name, my wife's maiden name, our old and new zip code. NADA! UGH! The chat isn't any help as they have zero access to reservations sytem.

Having issues with our UOC as well. It went to an older email address. I tried using it to see the offers and it would not work. Called Disney they said it was tied to my wife's maiden name? Looks like we have 2 different emails on Disney account, the person said the info hadn't been updated in awhile. I said that's impossible seeing how we were down the in April of last year. Still haven't gotten a code int he mail or to the correct email address. He updated the info but the original code I received still does not work! I tried with my our last name, my wife's maiden name, our old and new zip code. NADA! UGH! The chat isn't any help as they have zero access to reservations sytem.

Something kind of similar happened to us in February. We received a UOC in the mail and I tried to redeem it online but got error messages about the code not matching etc. So I called and it turned out there was some mistake and the code was not registered to our name (even though we received the mail to our address with my name on it). They wouldn't honor the code. :confused3 Luckily we ended up with a general public offer that was close to the same savings. I hope it works out for you :thumbsup2

I am in the same boat. I have decided I am going to try something drastic. This Octobers trip will be our last to Disney for a long time. I'll start going to Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World, etc... instead. If I do Disney I'll rent a house and all they will get from me is the cost of park tickets.

I just got this email pin code, hopefully you guys will get one too! I'm on hold now to add it to my existing reservation , I'll update as to wether or not they allow me to do that, because BRV where we are booked is showing no avalabilities online .. crossing my fingers they let me add it to existing ressie!

**Room only discount up to 30% or free dining is what email said**

Offer Details
Book Through

October 5, 2017

How do you guys get these discount codes? I just booked an October 8th-13th trip, but it is at full price. Would really love to find a discount somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!