October 2018 Check In

Yes! Got our dining packages booked. Now I just need to cross my fingers that we can book a cabana tomorrow.

Very much in the thinking about it phase, but really want to make Oct 3-6 happen. My AP expires in November and it just kills me not to get one more use out of it, because I won't be renewing for a long time. If we go, it will be the most budget of all budget trips. Can get down with air miles and only pay $22 in fees for the flight. Found an Airbnb for $178 total. Estimating to pay around $75 total for Uber/Lyft. I already have an AP so my ticket is paid for. My husband's park hopper ticket would be $350. I think we could do food for $350ish (food is most important to us...hello Lamplight Lounge). Sadly we'd probably skip the Halloween party, because key word in this trip is budget haha. But it would be so awesome to see the park decked out for Halloween! We've never been for Halloween before. Closest is when we were at DL over Labor day two years ago, we got to see the very beginning of Halloween decorations go up. Here's to hoping we can make it happen :genie:
An update. We are definitely going, but with a few changes to what I wrote above. October 7-10 and staying at Kings Inn instead. We stayed there for the first time in February and loved it! Very reasonable price, clean, and within walking distance of Disneyland. Nothing fancy though. After pricing it out more, Kings Inn was more worth it than the Airbnb and we wouldn't have to rely on Lyft to get to and from the parks. We are still not doing the Halloween party for budget reasons, so instead we are going to try the Sonoma Terrace Paint the Night reception on the night that the Halloween party is going on ! It's almost $80 cheaper than the Halloween party, and we love Paint the Night and haven't seen it since it's been back. Already booked our meal at Lamplight Lounge, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe. It will be a quick trip, but I'm so glad we are going one last time before my AP expires! :dogdance:

An update. We are definitely going, but with a few changes to what I wrote above. October 7-10 and staying at Kings Inn instead. We stayed there for the first time in February and loved it! Very reasonable price, clean, and within walking distance of Disneyland. Nothing fancy though. After pricing it out more, Kings Inn was more worth it than the Airbnb and we wouldn't have to rely on Lyft to get to and from the parks. We are still not doing the Halloween party for budget reasons, so instead we are going to try the Sonoma Terrace Paint the Night reception on the night that the Halloween party is going on ! It's almost $80 cheaper than the Halloween party, and we love Paint the Night and haven't seen it since it's been back. Already booked our meal at Lamplight Lounge, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe. It will be a quick trip, but I'm so glad we are going one last time before my AP expires! :dogdance:
I believe the King's Inn used to be Super 8 (on Katella and close to America's Best Value Inn, I believe). We used to stay there all the time when we went to Disneyland. If you can believe it, we stayed there in or around 2010 for $44 a night!! Can't find anything that cheap now lol

I added October 31 to my November 1-4 trip this morning. I absolutely love Halloween and decorate big time though I only had 3 trick or treaters last year. As it is a big -0 birthday and I want to see the decorations especially at DCA and MHP isn't sold out yet on Halloween I changed my flight and bought my MHP ticket. I'll add on another night at the GCH if my db joins me a day early or I may just solo MHP and then I'll stay at a less expensive place. WOO HOO!

This will be our 1st time at DL during Fall, 10/9-18. We'll have 3 day hoppers & will also be doing Legoland, Universal, Knott's, Magic Mountain. The 1st time we took our kids was over 3 years ago, the twins are now 8 & little brother is 6. They have no idea we're travelling this year...I'm so excited to surprise them - and to see all of the decorations. :dogdance::yay:

I believe the King's Inn used to be Super 8 (on Katella and close to America's Best Value Inn, I believe). We used to stay there all the time when we went to Disneyland. If you can believe it, we stayed there in or around 2010 for $44 a night!! Can't find anything that cheap now lol
Yes, you're right--it used to be Super 8 on Katella. When I was planning our Feb 2018 trip, I was scouring the internet for cheap hotels, and was dumbfounded as to how I have never heard of Kings Inn before. Then I figured out that it used to be Super 8. But $44 a night, damn that's good! In February we paid $65 a night which is still a crazy good deal, but it was only that cheap because February is more of an off season and because we prepaid the rate which was like 25% off.

Not sure if I should be October or November honestly but checking in October 31st for the party and staying through my 33rd birthday on November 5th! Have reservations at Tropicana and del sol and still deciding. Very excited for the haunted mansion fashion meet and dapper day!

Last edited:
Not sure if I should be October or November honestly but checking in October 31st for the party and staying through my 33rd birthday on November 5th! Have reservations at Tropicana and del sol and still deciding. Very excited for the haunted mansion fashion meet and dapper day!
I'm in the same boat...lol checking in on 10/31 and leaving 11/4. We're going to the party too! An all girls trip. We're dressing up as Aurora and the three godmothers. What is this Haunted Mansion fashion meet? We also have dapper day tickets as well.

I will be arriving for my first DL Halloween trip on October 13th and have been checking in on the park hours. I've noticed that the first weekdays of October, Disneyland is open pretty late (10/1 12a, 10/3 11p and 10/4 12a). I'm curious if this is the trend for October because it is busy or if there is something going on that first week? I love the parks at night and would be ecstatic if the trend continues throughout the month while we are there.

I will be arriving for my first DL Halloween trip on October 13th and have been checking in on the park hours. I've noticed that the first weekdays of October, Disneyland is open pretty late (10/1 12a, 10/3 11p and 10/4 12a). I'm curious if this is the trend for October because it is busy or if there is something going on that first week? I love the parks at night and would be ecstatic if the trend continues throughout the month while we are there.

I am in the same boat; we will be there Oct 10-16 and comparing past years' hours isn't much help as they seem to be way different year to year. I am hoping for some early mornings/late nights during that time as well!

I believe there are some indications that Disneyland will be open later on some days in October. If you look at the Fantasmic dining packages they are bookable on Mondays in October (whereas for most of September it’s only Saturday and Sunday). I know that on October 15 at least there are two showings because we have the late show booked. I’m hopeful this is an indication that Disney is planning longer hours.

I'll be visiting for my first time during the Halloween season Oct. 25-29; attending MHP on the 26th. Very excited for the party and decorations in both parks. But I am worried about Santa Ana winds causing high temps.

I believe there are some indications that Disneyland will be open later on some days in October. If you look at the Fantasmic dining packages they are bookable on Mondays in October (whereas for most of September it’s only Saturday and Sunday). I know that on October 15 at least there are two showings because we have the late show booked. I’m hopeful this is an indication that Disney is planning longer hours.
Awesome! Thanks for that tip. I pushed my Fantasmic Dining reservation back to Monday.

Question...the pixar fireworks are currently just for the fest, right? Does anyone know what fireworks will be happening on october? Sorry such a noob question. Last time i was there was 60th anniversary so thats the only fireworks show i know!

We are going October 5-10th! We have 4 day Hoppers and tix to Mickey's Halloween Party on the 9th! Staying at Stanford Inn and Suites for the first time. We will be celebrating both of my daughters' birthdays while we are there. They are 13 years apart born on the 8th and the 13th. Now we just have to figure out costumes for the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter