October 2019 Check-In Thread!

We’re arriving for our trip on Sunday, can’t wait! We’re there through Thursday, and headed for the Oogie Boogie Bash on Tuesday.

Checking the weather - looks like it’s going to be hot this coming week!

This is literally my plans, lol. It does look hot, I was hoping for low to mid 80s :-/

I am getting so excited as we leave in 12 days. I've been trying to figure out (with great help from these boards) the best way to get to DLR from the Long Beach Airport during rush hour. I'm finding it will definitely take much longer and be more expensive with Uber and Lyft so yesterday I checked on flights (found they aren't much more), rearranged my work schedule, cajoled my brother and ta da we are flying 3 hours earlier so problem solved and I get a longer day at DLR!!

Getting ready to Buy Tickets.

Anyone used GetAway Today for Tickets?

Now to buy Park Hoppers or not -3 days for Wed - afternoon, Thursday (Not going to Halloween Party) and Friday?

any solo travelers? I just found out I have to go to Anaheim for a convention and was thinking of going after work Oct. 22-24 each night for dinner, maybe a ride? I don't know, I have NEVER gone solo but if I am staying at the Hilton I might as well sneak in after work right :)

Just got back! It was blazing hot when we were there, all three days. Crowds during the mornings were low, but much higher than we expected in the evenings. Lots of ride closures (for example, our last morning we planned Fantasyland and Toontown, so we got Roger Rabbit FPs. Well, it was down the entire morning, so by the time lunch rolled around we had three FPs good for anything else in the park (except Space and Indiana). That same day Space was down for a while and a couple other attractions as well. When we went back in the evening to use our Haunted Mansion FPs, the lines for FP were insane! Also, rides were definitely operating at reduced capacity.

We will be there on Wednesday! Planning on checking into the Grand and then heading to the ticket booths to get our APs. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'll be waiting in a very long line -- hopefully it won't be too bad though. DH and I are going to be heading to the parks our first evening to check out Galaxy's Edge so I can properly guide our larger group the next day. I'm so excited!

We've only had a half day so far and it's been amazing! We got our APs first and there was almost no line at the ticket booths. After that we went to DCA and did Soarin, Monsters Inc, Philharmagic (first time seeing it -- loved it), then some shopping. Had dinner at Smokejumpers (yum!). Now relaxing in the room for a bit. We booked a standard room at GCH and received an awesome view of DCA. So glad to be "home" 😍

Attachments

• IMG_20191030_184644.jpg
    IMG_20191030_184644.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter