October 21, 2017 7-Night Canadian Coast from NYC

Ha ha, yes I've heard the same...over on the FB page. Was that you asking over there, too? Other than the rumors over there, I have no information.

Were there Pirate nights on the Star Wars Days at Sea cruises? I would assume that would be our blueprint.

Ha ha, yes I've heard the same...over on the FB page. Was that you asking over there, too? Other than the rumors over there, I have no information.

Were there Pirate nights on the Star Wars Days at Sea cruises? I would assume that would be our blueprint.

No, that wasn't me asking. Honestly Pirate night is our least favorite night. We usually book Palo for that night and only go up to see the fireworks, so we wont be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I do realize for some that is there favorite night. I would imagine that if there is no Pirate night there will still be fireworks for Marvel since "fireworks at sea" is a major marketing point for DCL.

I have never been on a Star Wars cruise so I'm not sure. I don't believe there have been Star Wars cruises during Halloween (but i could be wrong).

We do sail the week before Thor Ragnarok is released. I am wondering if we will get something special like a sneak preview of that.... (completely wishing and hoping here. Have no heard anything).

From what I can gather, on Star Wars weeks, there is both a Pirate Night and SWDAS and BOTH have fireworks. I wouldn't expect Halloween to change that. (Certainly Christmas wouldn't affect them on a Christmas cruise, would it?) I'm not taking sides either; I booked the cruise because of the timing, the length and the itinerary; not because of Marvel Day at Sea or Halloween...

My last four cruises have been "chartered" so no regular Disney programming. No characters, no Pirate night, no shows. It's not that I LOVE all of them, or frankly, even care that much, only it's been on a long time since I've been on a real Disney cruise! I've kind of missed the activity; it's humorous to see such concern six months out because of that.

No chance re Thor before opening. Too bad, because if we're on the ship when it opens, we'll see it aboard ship and they make a big deal out of it. (We were aboard the Magic when one of the Pirates movies opened. We sat in the Theater for an hour while cruise members led songs, game, played trivia; there might have been prizes. And then on the stroke of midnight, they showed the movie. (Rerun next morning for early-to-bedders.) (Palo to watch the fireworks is a great idea!)

From what I can gather, on Star Wars weeks, there is both a Pirate Night and SWDAS and BOTH have fireworks. I wouldn't expect Halloween to change that. (Certainly Christmas wouldn't affect them on a Christmas cruise, would it?) I'm not taking sides either; I booked the cruise because of the timing, the length and the itinerary; not because of Marvel Day at Sea or Halloween...

My last four cruises have been "chartered" so no regular Disney programming. No characters, no Pirate night, no shows. It's not that I LOVE all of them, or frankly, even care that much, only it's been on a long time since I've been on a real Disney cruise! I've kind of missed the activity; it's humorous to see such concern six months out because of that.

No chance re Thor before opening. Too bad, because if we're on the ship when it opens, we'll see it aboard ship and they make a big deal out of it. (We were aboard the Magic when one of the Pirates movies opened. We sat in the Theater for an hour while cruise members led songs, game, played trivia; there might have been prizes. And then on the stroke of midnight, they showed the movie. (Rerun next morning for early-to-bedders.) (Palo to watch the fireworks is a great idea!)

We love Marvel but that was not the only reason we booked this cruise either.

When you have dinner at Palo on Pirate night they will let you know when its time for fireworks (the deliver the meal accordingly so nothing gets cold) and show you where to view them from the back of the ship. It is the best view of the fireworks we have ever had. The crowd is small because it is just Palo dinners. Everyone else is in the middle of the ship for the show. I highly recommend it.

DH and I will be on this cruise also. It's only our fourth cruise but we've hit 3 good ones - EB Panama Canal 2008, Alaska 2011, Canadian Coast 2012. Looking forward to seeing things we missed in Halifax, and seeing new things in Sydney and very excited about PEI. Can't wait to do port adventures and Palo brunch!

Hello, DW and I are on this cruise. It is a first of a B2B with the Bahamian sailing. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary on this trip.

My family and I will be on this cruise as well. We are so excited about New york and all the ports. We are huge Marvel fans so that was a nice surprise to have added after we booked. We did a Star Wars day at sea last year....also already had it booked before it was announced. We LOVED it and are excited to see how they do the Marvel Day.

No, that wasn't me asking. Honestly Pirate night is our least favorite night. We usually book Palo for that night and only go up to see the fireworks, so we wont be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I do realize for some that is there favorite night. I would imagine that if there is no Pirate night there will still be fireworks for Marvel since "fireworks at sea" is a major marketing point for DCL.

I have never been on a Star Wars cruise so I'm not sure. I don't believe there have been Star Wars cruises during Halloween (but i could be wrong).

We do sail the week before Thor Ragnarok is released. I am wondering if we will get something special like a sneak preview of that.... (completely wishing and hoping here. Have no heard anything).

I called and DCL told me that YES there is a pirate night...scheduled for Thursday. When we did the Star Wars Day at sea last year we had both as well. This will be a fun packed cruise!

My family and I will be on this cruise as well. We are so excited about New york and all the ports. We are huge Marvel fans so that was a nice surprise to have added after we booked. We did a Star Wars day at sea last year....also already had it booked before it was announced. We LOVED it and are excited to see how they do the Marvel Day.
Did a SWDAS last year as well. Great fun! MDAS was a nice surprise add on after we booked too. Looking forward to the experience.

Has anyone ever stayed in a "sideways cabin"? We are on deck 6 and decided to try it this time just for something new.

M DH and I and our twin 9 year old girls will be on this cruise too! It's my 9th cruise, DH's 6th and the kids' 4th! Having 2 girls I know nothing about Marvel! Lol.

Has anyone ever stayed in a "sideways cabin"? We are on deck 6 and decided to try it this time just for something new.

No, sorry, haven't stayed in one myself. However, in May I was on the Magic across the corridor from the 6th floor sideways and I could see what they were. I would try it next time I stay in an inside. First, I happen to like Forward, and because they are far forward, it keeps down the number of people (and hence, the accompanying noise) passing by. And key, of course, is the orientation, rather than feeling like you're in a loooooong room, it's possible that you'll feel like you have more space, because when you enter the room you have a choice -- right? or left? Good luck, hope you enjoy it!

DH and I will be on this cruise. This will be our 11th DVC cruise. I am wondering what nights are for Halloween on the High Seas, Pirates Nights, Semi-Formal and Formal nights. We get a free Palo this trip for being Platinum and was just informed that if we book 1 for the first night we can book another one, too. Would like to know the schedule before I book the second one. I figure nothing is going on on the first night. Maybe Pirates Night, which I saw someone posted Thursday, would be a good night to do the second night, because then we would have 1 less thing to pack.

This will be my 11th too, my first Platinum! (Earlier I probably said that it was going to be my tenth, but since then we've booked another in the interim.) Looking forward to my Palo night, too, and it's a great question re timing. Looking forward to seeing the answer.

DH and I just booked this cruise because we wanted to see Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. It's our third Disney cruise, but our first without DD who is starting college this fall. I didn't realize that there were going to be so many "special days" when I booked (Star Wars, Marvel, Halloween).

Do people get dressed up in costumes for all three days? We are trying to figure out what to pack.

Also, is the Fish Extender information for this cruise only available on FaceBook?

Thanks!

My DD is starting college this fall, too! (Took her on the EBTA but I think she would have preferred the MDAS. :) )

As for dressing up all three days, some people will, some people won't, some people will double up (ie go "Pirate" for Halloween.) If you're wondering whether you'll be out of place if you do, then emphatically no. There's also a lot of Disneybounding (ie dressing in street clothes in the colors of particular Disney characters) on the ships these days.

I booked Palo for the first night so I can also book another one. I booked the second night on Thursday, which is Pirate night, but now I'm second guessing myself and thinking since that is day 6 of the cruise it is also Captain's Gala night which is lobster night. Guess I will be calling DCL to see if they have any information on what nights are what. Normal 7 night cruises, semi-formal is 2nd night and Captain's Gala is day 6.

I called DCL today. He said Sunday (Day2) is Formal Night. Monday (Day3) is Marvel Day. Thursday (Day6) is Pirate Night. We were on the 5 night last year to Canada and for some reason or another I seem to remember Pirate Night also being the night they had officers and crew in the atrium along with complimentary drinks. Not sure if I remember correctly though as to which night, but I know we had the crew out there one night before dinner.

I asked about Halloween on the High Seas and he had no day for that yet. Maybe that was the night the
Crew was in the lobby.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!