October 24,2018 - New York to Bermuda on the Magic

Can't wait to sail out of NYC on the magic! We have only sailed on the Dream so far so this will be exciting! Looking forward to see what excursions they may offer in Bermuda

Welcome. It should be great sailing out of NY. The Magic is the only ship we have not yet sailed on, but have sailed on the Wonder numerous times. We really like the smaller ship much better so I am excited to sail on the Magic. Plus the smaller ships have more interesting itineraries.

Last edited:
We also prefer the smaller ships. It was discouraging when i read that Disney's next 3 ships will all be larger than the Dream/Fantasy.

Its very difficult to keep the"Disney" experience with 4000+ cruisers trying to have fun.

We also prefer the smaller ships. It was discouraging when i read that Disney's next 3 ships will all be larger than the Dream/Fantasy.

Its very difficult to keep the"Disney" experience with 4000+ cruisers trying to have fun.

I 100% agree with you , very very disappointed that the new ships are going to be big. I just hope they do not eventually phase out the Wonder and Magic as they continue to age and add big ships

Last edited:

Hi all! We'll be on this cruise also. My hubby, myself and our 2 DD 7 & 4.

We are debating if we are just going to take the subway to port. We live in Queens.

We will be Gold after this cruise!!

Welcome ElenaRN! I think from Queens the subway is a great option. I am a native New Yorker, but currently living in NJ. I love that we are finally cruising out of a place we don’t have to fly to. Saves time and money.

Since we have all cruised a bunch of times already, what has been everyone’s favorite itinerary?

Ours was Alaska

My favorite itinerary was Alaska...until we cruised the British Isles.

I would love to do both again.

I really want to do the Norwegian Fjords. We were booked on one and then switched to a 7 night Fantasy, it worked better with our schedule but definitely not comparable. I definitely want to do an Alaska repeat.

Can't wait to sail out of NYC on the magic! We have only sailed on the Dream so far so this will be exciting! Looking forward to see what excursions they may offer in Bermuda

Hi all! We'll be on this cruise also. My hubby, myself and our 2 DD 7 & 4.

We are debating if we are just going to take the subway to port. We live in Queens.

We will be Gold after this cruise!!

:welcome::welcome: to our cruise meet! Happy to have you guys here.

We can't wait to sail again out of NYC and are also curious to see the excursions. I'm guessing they're similar to other cruise lines. been trying to get as much information as I can about the area from anyone who's done an overnight cruise here but so far not much luck.

just a plug for Senor Frogs and a seafood place (no name). Also some caverns with floating walkways. Apparently you don't go in the water you just walk across it in and out of caverns. but it's crystal clear and you can see pretty far down.

I have not confirmed any of this yet.

Since we have all cruised a bunch of times already, what has been everyone’s favorite itinerary?

Ours was Alaska

We've only done 4 day Bahamian so far. Hubby sometimes gets seasick and he's been afraid to do anything longer. This 5 day with more sea days is def a test for him. Seabands and bonine are his friend!

We've only done 4 day Bahamian so far. Hubby sometimes gets seasick and he's been afraid to do anything longer. This 5 day with more sea days is def a test for him. Seabands and bonine are his friend!

I am concerned about sea sickness on this cruise as well. NY waters can be rough. I love seabands they are amazing. I also take Bonnie when it gets really rough but often the seabands are enough. I am extremely prone to motion sickness.

We sailed on the Member Cruise Sept. 2016 out of NYC to Halifax and the waters were very calm. I'm not too worried

I am concerned about sea sickness on this cruise as well. NY waters can be rough. I love seabands they are amazing. I also take Bonnie when it gets really rough but often the seabands are enough. I am extremely prone to motion sickness.

I don't know if this has happened to either of you, but I've experienced major differences with feeling motion sickness whenever we stay in an inside stateroom vs zero problems at all in any cabin that had a balcony or window.

So I'm convinced this has to do with my equilibrium being off with no direct sunlight.

I don't know if this has happened to either of you, but I've experienced major differences with feeling motion sickness whenever we stay in an inside stateroom vs zero problems at all in any cabin that had a balcony or window.

So I'm convinced this has to do with my equilibrium being off with no direct sunlight.

Interesting. So far we have only stayed in veranda rooms. I have been lucky since I get horrible motion sickness even in a car, to have been on pretty smooth cruises. At the end of our Panama Canal cruise they warned us that it was going to be rough so I started taking Bonine, and I was fine, our table mates were all getting sick. But always from the minute I step on the ship to the minute I get off I wear seabands. Sometimes I even leave them on in the shower.

We've never stayed in an inside cabin either. So not sure if would be worse with no sunlight.

Last edited:
Add us in. DH and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary!

We sailed out of NYC on the Magic last October to Canada. The seas were okay.

We also did a NYC to Nowhere in 2012 for days. The waters were fine but that was June.

We love cruising out of NYC. We live in northern Monmouth County, so except for expensive parking, its great.

We were to Bermuda for 5 nights 16 years ago and never had the chance to get back. We can not wait.

I checked the weather for the same week this passed October and the whole month was 75-78 degrees on average every day. I am hoping for the same.

I can not wait to see what kind of excursion are offered, but Bermuda is very easy to navigate on your own.

We haven't ever done any excursions. I wasn't thinking to this time either. My girls are still young and a lot of excursions start at like 8 years old.

The one thing I'm sure I want to do is the Caverns.

Hoping for nice beach weather. We don't have to go in the water but at least to sit on the sand in the sun!!

We checked in at midnight for Gold CC and everything looked to be available so we may not have a large number of platinum cruisers on this sailing. We were able to get the earliest port arrival time at 11:00am. and book Palo brunch and dinner.

All of the Bermuda excursions are available for this cruise, but may only be offered on one of the 2 days. We did not see any sold out as we were booking but that may change as the days progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter