October Pros and Cons

We were there last October for our oldest granddaughters 5th birthday on Oct. 4th and our DS’s 31st birthday on Oct. 7th. We’re we’re in MK for her birthday, and it was pretty crowded, but not so much for his birthday in Epcot on the 7th.
October used to be a relatively light time at WDW in the past, but not so much anymore.
I don’t remember the temps being too bad, buy I’m from Texas, so what do I know…!!!!! 😉
Native Texan here. You would think I could manage the heat by now but I can’t!

Native Texan here. You would think I could manage the heat by now but I can’t!

😅
Yep, native Texan here, as well…!
Born right in the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis on Oct. 20th, 1962.
Even at almost 62 though, I’m still not affected by the Texas heat too much.
We’ve got another trip planned for youngest granddaughters (she’ll turn 3 during the trip 😉) 3rd birthday in late June/early July, so very much looking forward to that…!!! :-)
I just drink the free Disney water to hydrate…!!! 😉

It's probably a little against the grain, but if you are NOT planning on MNSSHP, then you are still juggling the dates it's being held at MK, if that matters at all. You could find yourself with your park days at MK ending early due to the party.

We did September and October trips before my DD started school. Loved September because crowds were better, but both September and October were still HOT for us. We tried fall break after she started school and thought the crowds were worse than previous June trips we had taken.

Our first trip was October 2017 unknowingly fall break/jersey week. The weather was a bit on the bipolar side. Hot, overcasted, rain, humid, cold, just right, etc. all in one day. Mostly hot though. Crowds were manageable given it was fall break/jersey week. Our resort pool was a ghost town from 5pm until close due to the extended hours & parties. Low lines weekdays mornings & afternoons at F&W. ADRs were a bit of a 20-30 minutes wait after checking-in and not running on time. Didn't bother us. Some others had expressive views. Felt bad for hosts & servers because it was very loud and very busy. QS was a better option; it was a lot quieter.

What changed is that a lot of schools now do fall breaks in the month of October with parent/teacher conferences, staff development days, end of grading period/progress reports time so days off, Nevada Day, etc. We would definitely October again if the opportunity came again.

What changed is that a lot of schools now do fall breaks in the month of October with parent/teacher conferences, staff development days, end of grading period/progress reports time so days off, Nevada Day, etc.
We don’t see fall breaks in October around here at least not more than a day or two.

We have been going to WDW the last two weeks of Oct. for the past 14 years. The change in crowd levels over time is staggering. The first few years they would let us just stay on TT/BTMRR and ride again. Now F & W, MNSSHP, fall breaks for year round schools or even a few days for teacher conferences, development, progress reports, Columbus/Indigenous person day, Jewish Holy Days- East coast schools out, have all brought the crowds. Also, you will see MNSSHP four nights a week so non party MK nights are packed. The weather is generally comfortable but we have seen 100 degrees with the reel feel dewpoint. Last year we had a light jacket one day and many years ago we had the outer bands of Hurricane Sandy bring wind and rain for days. The last weeks will be significantly more crowded than Sept. YMMV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter