Of all the things I thought would bother me this trip...

WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran
The parks are great. Low crowds. Most everything is virtually walk on for all intents and purposes. We've been here since this past Saturday and actually extended a couple of days and decided to leave this coming Monday. The biggest surprise to me is that while I detest the mask thing, that hasn't been what's bothered me most.

The only downside to us this week is the lack of park hopping. I knew that was going to be a big deal to us, but even I didn't realize the extent and how accustomed we had become to "going where we wanted to when we wanted to." If I could change one thing for the week, I would challenge Disney to fix this. Crowds are controlled anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. It would take care of itself within a few percentage points in each park. We should be making park reservations and not necessarily for a specific park.

Overall, it's been quite a pleasurable experience. Lots of "carts" and restaurants aren't open, but we mostly knew that coming in. The low crowds make up for a lot of things. I have found myself constantly saying to myself, "Wow," while looking at the lack of not just crowds, but sometimes people at all, in places where you normally can't even move.

I am going to be they will begin to get it back as soon as they can once they have more than a month of data patterns,

IMO, I think the spike in FL didn’t help and wonder if it is playing a role in the delay of AP sales and park hopping as people did cancel for that...I was forced to when all my guests bailed and DH said going solo was not needed given I’ll be going monthly starting in October!,, lol

Lack of research on my part (and not paying attention), but we have a guest that only has a MYW ticket valid for 7 days. When we extended our trip a couple of days ago, little did I realize that I could not simply extend his ticket, but have to start over with days 1 and 2 in order for him to be able to enter the parks. I'm not sure I understand why they are seemingly discouraging people from staying longer than 7 days. Seems asinine to me and defies all logic, and yet here we are.

Lack of research on my part (and not paying attention), but we have a guest that only has a MYW ticket valid for 7 days. When we extended our trip a couple of days ago, little did I realize that I could not simply extend his ticket, but have to start over with days 1 and 2 in order for him to be able to enter the parks. I'm not sure I understand why they are seemingly discouraging people from staying longer than 7 days. Seems asinine to me and defies all logic, and yet here we are.

Someone adds on a day, possibly takes up a spot of someone else, and essentially paid $20 for the extra 2 days?

I think its part of the way to get more money out of people without changing the pricing structure.

Agree that the loss of hopping is a big deal. (At least it would be for us for sure if we were going anytime soon, which we are not). The best part of having AP is the ability to go where ever we want, whenever we want, for however long we want!

Last edited:
Agree that the loss of hopping is a big deal. (At least it would be for us for sure if we were going anytime soon, which we are not). The best part of having AP is the ability to go where ever we want, whenever we want, for however long we want!

It is amazing how used to that we are, Carol, and how much we take it for granted. Like you, we've been APs for years and years, and it's just not what we're use to. I guess it's not nearly as bad with the significantly decreased park hours, but it's still just not how we are use to touring the parks.

Someone adds on a day, possibly takes up a spot of someone else, and essentially paid $20 for the extra 2 days?

I think its part of the way to get more money out of people without changing the pricing structure.

I could equally substantiate an argument that they most certainly did change the pricing structure. You have always been able to add days on to MYW tickets up to 10 days so long as you hadn't exited a park on your last day. That was a substantial change in MYW ticketing structure and ended up costing us almost $200.

I could equally substantiate an argument that they most certainly did change the pricing structure. You have always been able to add days on to MYW tickets up to 10 days so long as you hadn't exited a park on your last day. That was a substantial change in MYW ticketing structure and ended up costing us almost $200.

You can say it did change the price for you that's fine. Flip side they could have raised the ticket by $200 over the course of 10 days.

Most people would prefer the option to pay less by limiting park time to 7 days. Would it make me frustrated? Yes

They don't sell APs at all right now either so some people are getting hit by that as well.

You can say it did change the price for you that's fine. Flip side they could have raised the ticket by $200 over the course of 10 days.

Most people would prefer the option to pay less by limiting park time to 7 days. Would it make me frustrated? Yes

They don't sell APs at all right now either so some people are getting hit by that as well.

You could always pay for 7 days. You just paid more for more days up to 10. I guess I'm not seeing your point.

That too. Our original intent was to upgrade him to an AP so that just makes it doubly frustrating.

The parks are great. Low crowds. Most everything is virtually walk on for all intents and purposes. We've been here since this past Saturday and actually extended a couple of days and decided to leave this coming Monday. The biggest surprise to me is that while I detest the mask thing, that hasn't been what's bothered me most.

The only downside to us this week is the lack of park hopping. I knew that was going to be a big deal to us, but even I didn't realize the extent and how accustomed we had become to "going where we wanted to when we wanted to." If I could change one thing for the week, I would challenge Disney to fix this. Crowds are controlled anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. It would take care of itself within a few percentage points in each park. We should be making park reservations and not necessarily for a specific park.

Overall, it's been quite a pleasurable experience. Lots of "carts" and restaurants aren't open, but we mostly knew that coming in. The low crowds make up for a lot of things. I have found myself constantly saying to myself, "Wow," while looking at the lack of not just crowds, but sometimes people at all, in places where you normally can't even move.

I think now that the Tristate area quarantine is over Disney will be able to get a better handle on where crowd levels will be. This first month I think the numbers were somewhat skewed by the largest Disney demographic being shut out.

Interesting that they just announced yet another decrease in value. As of Sept 8, all parks will close one hour earlier. Epcot will be closing 2 hours earlier.

It's going to be interesting to see just how far they can screw everybody before the walls cave in around them.

Interesting that they just announced yet another decrease in value. As of Sept 8, all parks will close one hour earlier. Epcot will be closing 2 hours earlier.

It's going to be interesting to see just how far they can screw everybody before the walls cave in around them.
Epcot closing 2 hours earlier?? I guess our Epcot after 4 passes are almost useless.

Yeah - this does not make me happy at all - but still better than nothing

We usually vacation alone but it just so happens that our next vacation is with his brother. Considering the reduced park hours I think it will be a good thing.

After cancelling two trips home thus far, am struggling but determined to be of the glass half full

We have APs, it devalues them a bit, but can manage without PH, for now.

The shorter park hours remind me of winter hours years ago when there were actual slow seasons.

JMHO but thinking after WDW sorts out the current AP refunds/extensions etc. (that will run into mid October for cash refunds to be delivered via check)...

APs will once again be sold sooner vs later :wizard: , if only to get a much needed cash infusion on the sales.

I think now that the Tristate area quarantine is over Disney will be able to get a better handle on where crowd levels will be. This first month I think the numbers were somewhat skewed by the largest Disney demographic being shut out.

However, the reverse quarantine is in effect, which will limit some folks since they have to quarantine when they get home. We are from CT, and retired, DVC member, with a house in Orlando, and in no hurry to go to FL.

mac_tlc

After cancelling two trips home thus far, am struggling but determined to be of the glass half full

We have APs, it devalues them a bit, but can manage without PH, for now.

The shorter park hours remind me of winter hours years ago when there were actual slow seasons.

JMHO but thinking after WDW sorts out the current AP refunds/extensions etc. (that will run into mid October for cash refunds to be delivered via check)...

APs will once again be sold sooner vs later :wizard: , if only to get a much needed cash infusion on the sales.
I think there will be slow seasons again for a couple of years at the least. Like ol times.

However, the reverse quarantine is in effect, which will limit some folks since they have to quarantine when they get home. We are from CT, and retired, DVC member, with a house in Orlando, and in no hurry to go to FL.

mac_tlc

I’m from New Jersey, I leave for Florida in 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter