% of people who do not have kids?

Boomerdog

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the percentage of people, at Disneyworld each year, that do not have kids? Or how many adults, without kids, visit each year? I am curious about the statistics.

I doubt anyone would know. Even Disney I would guess would know number of adults vs kids but what do you count as an adult without kids? If Mom Dad and Grandma take the kids is grandma childless? What about if they meet up with Aunt and Uncle for a meal but 90% of the time the Aunt/Uncle are solo? What if Dad comes for a conference and meets up with Mom and the kids later? If the parents leave the kids in the kids club for a night are they childless? Lots of moving parts to define if you are 'visiting' with kids.

Disney knows IF they are staying on property, other than that they only know how many adult tickets they sell and that is 9 and up.

We don't go in summer, spring break or Christmas break ............. and I feel like us adults WAY OUTNUMBER the kids. I laugh when folks say Disney is only for kids and families with kids. Tell that to many many all adult groups going; the cute retired couples strolling, the groups of young adults and the families that are now all part of the over 21 group.

I agree that adults seems to outnumber kids all year. even the stroller areas don't seem to be overflowing with strollers. Not that many ecvs also. It might also be that I'm not getting into line that often these days so I don't see how many kids dragged their parents into a line really fast and I'm only seeing those that stroll around outside casually which tends to be the adults..

I read somewhere that it was a third of guests to WDW are adults travelling without children. I can't remember where I read it, and have no idea how accurate it is, but we read it whilst we were dithering about whether to book our first trip or not. It tipped us over the edge to book it, as we felt like we wouldn't be the odd ones out! We have to travel during school holidays (I work in a school), but we've never felt out of place... despite getting grief from "friends" of my husband!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter