Off property resorts?

Feistygirl916

Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way
Hi everyone, where should I start looking if I want something off property for HKDL? We are going in November and the rates on property are not looking too good.

You'll struggle to find 'resorts' off property. HK isn't really a resort destination. If you want resort style though, you might consider the Auberge at Discovery Bay. The main problem we had there is that you have to rely on the hotel shuttle since there's no public transport close by. If you're happy with 'hotel style', I'd check out somewhere close to one of the main train stations in Central or Kowloon (if it's along the Tung Chung line you won't have to change trains for Disneyland). We stayed at Butterfly on Waterfront one trip (only one night and we didn't do Disneyland). It was close enough to a station to be reasonably convenient for Disneyland, and we got it on Priceline for under $100! Very small room though if that's a problem for you. If you want a decent size room at a 'nice' hotel near a major train station, you will pay for it - HK isn't a budget destination.

I am staying at Novotel Citygate on my first night. It has free shuttle from the airport and it is right at the Tung Chung station (one ride away from Disneyland). There is the Citygate outlet mall right next door and also the access point to the Big Buddha. It is a bit more expensive than other city hotels due to its location (close to the airport) but much cheaper than the onsite hotels. Since we are arriving in the afternoon, I don't think it is worthwhile to stay onsite on the first night. This way I can check in early the next morning before park opens and enjoy two full days at HKDL. Then I will stay at Butterfly at Morrison (which is even cheaper) for two more nights to visit the city. I used to live on the Hong Kong Island and I prefer to stay on that side of HK. As a teenager, I would get lost easily on the Kowloon side (LOL)!

Hope this helps and have fun planning!!

Thanks! I looked at the Novotel Citygate and it doesn't appear that they have rooms for 4... Maybe just not available for my nights, not sure. We ended up deciding on staying on property at the Hollywood Hotel; it's a first time trip and look forward to the Disney magic :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter