off site hotels

daystar

Mouseketeer
Hi,
What off site hotel do you take your family to....This is my families first time going to Universal and would like to stay close but not on site....My boys are five and twelve so i would like to stay at a family type hotel but unsure of where...
Thanks

We stayed at Holiday Inn Universal at the entrance to Universal and it was fine, a typical Holiday Inn. We stayed in one of the suites which is quite nice and very big. The Radisson Universal is just across from the HI and we've been told it's a good place to stay too but we haven't tried it yet.

These two hotels do provide scheduled transportation to the parks. It's quite a hike if you walk plus you have to cross a large and very busy road. If you plan to drive anyway, there are many more options of course.

I booked two stays for this hotel .

Amerisuites Orlando Convention Center
8741 International dr.
just two short miles from universal.

I got the entertainment rate of 53.00 dollars per night plus tax. for two nights with tax it cost me 118.19 May-23-25 2004

My second stay was a little higher because it was a saturday night. I got the rate of 59.00 dollars per night plus tax. (not sure what rate this was classified as) The cost with tax was 67.85. May 29, 2004

These are more like suites with fridge, micro, wetbar. Free breakfast in morning. to get good idea of what the hotel looks like go to www.amerisuites.com and input you data to get this hotel to pop up. There you will find some picture of the hotel rooms.

Must call hotel directly for these rates. If they don't give you the best rate the first time you ask whine a little bit and the reservationist will punch some keys on the computer and offer you a cheaper rate. ps don't tell them i said to whine it might work against you.

kimberly

the phone number 407-370-4720

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter