Off to Shanghai Disney

ICMDGO

Mouseketeer
Ok, hotel is booked and I was finally able to purchase my 2 day pass to the park for the end of October.

Now I need your tips!

What are the "must" do's? I've been to Disneyland and Walt Disney World many times so I don't need to do everything.

Just looking for any and all tips to make these 2 days the best.

Thanks
Christine

Tron, Pirates, Voyage to the Crystal Grotto, the fireworks show
Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan are slightly different than the American versions
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has a different ending but the ride is the same
You don't have Rex Racers and Slinky Dog Spin in America but they're just kiddie carnival rides so you can probably skip them
Jack Sparrow stunt show if you like stage shows. Jack also has a meet n greet
Mickey Mouse has a unique outfit in his meet n greet

Attractions: Camp Discovery, Roaring Rapids, TRON, Pirates of the Caribbean and Voyage to the Crystal Grotto (although that was closed during our trip).

Entertainment: Tarzan. We didn't enjoy the Pirates or Frozen shows very much.

Dining: We didn't enjoy most of the dining options. Our favourite was Tangled Tree Tavern. Barbossa's Bounty was good for the atmosphere, but the food was quite bland.

Soaring has a completely different queue and preshow than what you've seen before, but the wait time can be insane, so plan for it!

My favourites were the Challenge Trails, Tron, and Pirates.

Give yourself some down time to wander around the park, too. We didn't make it to Mickey Avenue til after dark and I wish I'd gotten to see it during daylight hours.

I'd put Challenge Trails, Tron, and Pirates as must dos. If we went again, I'd be happy doing these three over and over all day.

In the second tier, I'd put Roaring Rapids, Buzz, and maybe Peter Pan. Roaring Rapids was fun. Buzz is better than WDW version. Peter Pan was similar to WDW, but the SDL version looked so bright and new.

The only show we saw was Tarzan and it was petty good.

We really liked the Castle walk through attraction. I would not wait a long time for it, but it is a unique attraction. Same for Alice in Wonderland Maze.

Otherwise, I agree with others on Pirates, Tron, Roaring Rapids and Buzz, Peter Pan. While Chrystal Grotto is unique it is also kind of boring and in my opinion not that great of an attraction, so I would not wait long for it (however, we of course wanted ot see everything unique and did wait long...).

Both the Pirate show as well as Tarzan are unique and don't require knowledge of Mandarin to understand what's going on. Especially Tarzan has some really impressive acrobatics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter