Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Yeah, I don't get it - especially since a Toy Story collection was just released in Japan from Samantha Thavasa: http://www.disneyfashionista.com/new-toy-story-handbag-collection-released-japan/

Loungefly has done them too. :confused3

Hmmm ... and neither of those lines seem to be a competitor with Dooney, especially at that price point.

I did hear a rumor that RD was ending its partnership with New Balance for shoes after this year, maybe it's doing the same for bags? Or maybe they're tired of seeing them at the outlets years after race weekend? Who knows ...

I did hear a rumor that RD was ending its partnership with New Balance for shoes after this year, maybe it's doing the same for bags? Or maybe they're tired of seeing them at the outlets years after race weekend? Who knows ...
Maybe Dooney is scaling back on the number of designs they make? They have made ton for Disney parks as of late.

They released the exhibitor guide and floor map finally if anyone, like me, was wondering where it was. I also checked New Balance's virtual queue and they aren't doing it for this expo.

They released the exhibitor guide and floor map finally if anyone, like me, was wondering where it was. I also checked New Balance's virtual queue and they aren't doing it for this expo.

Is it me or does the downstairs area where we pick up bibs look to be of much smaller scale than previous years? I don't recall the 10k, Half, and Challenge pickup being in one row.

Is it me or does the downstairs area where we pick up bibs look to be of much smaller scale than previous years? I don't recall the 10k, Half, and Challenge pickup being in one row.

There's almost 6000 fewer runners this year in just the half/challenge than last year:

2015:
Double Dare:
6,146 bibs
Half Marathon: 12,051 bibs
Total: 18,197 bibs

2016:
Double Dare:
6,299 bibs
Half Marathon: 10,695 bibs
Total: 16,994 bibs

2017:
Double Dare:
4,900 bibs
Half Marathon: 6,509 bibs
Total: 11,409 bibs

++++++

One of my BFFs and her daughter lucked into two 5K bibs via charity last Thursday ... they're bibs 5905 and 5906, so I have to imagine that they're the last bib numbers or at least among them.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:
There's almost 6000 fewer runners this year in just the half/challenge than last year:

2015:
Double Dare:
6,146 bibs

2016:
Double Dare:
6,299 bibs

2017:
Double Dare:
4,900 bibs

++++++

One of my BFFs and her daughter lucked into two 5K bibs via charity last Thursday ... they're bibs 5905 and 5906, so I have to imagine that they're the last bib numbers or at least among them.

Wow, that is a huge drop. :eek:

2015:
Double Dare:
6,146 bibs

2016:
Double Dare:
6,299 bibs

2017:
Double Dare:
4,900 bibs

++++++

That's crazy! That number of runners is almost down to Super Heroes Weekend levels. I can't believe they cut off registration all of a sudden AND there's no last minute sign up booth like they had at Tink.

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow, that is a huge drop. :eek:

Yup. And for a race that suddenly closed registration making people think it sold out? Not even close to sold out.

Not that I know why, but I do find it extremely interesting that registration closed suddenly right around the time no announcement was made about registration dates for Tink.

I was stalking registering for WEEKS hoping for a discount code from Tink and as soon as the race weekend was over with, suddenly registration was SOLD OUT on Active, no TAs had any availability (one I'd even been watching had 10 DDD bibs left the day before) and even RawThreads only had one DDD bib left even though they didn't even have number on quantity the day before.

Anyway. That's all I've got.

Yup. And for a race that suddenly closed registration making people think it sold out? Not even close to sold out.

Not that I know why, but I do find it extremely interesting that registration closed suddenly right around the time no announcement was made about registration dates for Tink.

I was stalking registering for WEEKS hoping for a discount code from Tink and as soon as the race weekend was over with, suddenly registration was SOLD OUT on Active, no TAs had any availability (one I'd even been watching had 10 DDD bibs left the day before) and even RawThreads only had one DDD bib left even though they didn't even have number on quantity the day before.

Anyway. That's all I've got.

Well if nothing else I hope it makes for a more comfortable run for all of us next weekend without the usual jostling for space during the course bottle necks. Silver lining and all that :)

Well if nothing else I hope it makes for a more comfortable run for all of us next weekend without the usual jostling for space during the course bottle necks. Silver lining and all that :)

Exactly!

For those playing along at home, I bought the last DDD bib from Raw Threads on June 6 - after the registration closed suddenly.
I got the last (and magically-appearing because it wasn't there on the 6th) Half Marathon registration for my BFF with a Raw Threads Buddy Pass on June 13. I haven't seen a 10K, Half or DDD registration available anywhere since then.

You are very right - at least from my previous experience at Super Heroes last year. The 5K pickup was on the right hand side when you first walked in and I think the 10K was there as well. I seem to remember the challenge and half pickups were along the back wall and waiver printing was in the center.

I would love to know what is going on with west coast RunDisney - between everything with LS & Tink and much lower numbers for DLR than has been in the past, something is up.

You are very right - at least from my previous experience at Super Heroes last year. The 5K pickup was on the right hand side when you first walked in and I think the 10K was there as well. I seem to remember the challenge and half pickups were along the back wall and waiver printing was in the center.

I would love to know what is going on with west coast RunDisney - between everything with LS & Tink and much lower numbers for DLR than has been in the past, something is up.

I wonder if the lower number of runners and the new 5am start time have anything to do with getting the roads cleared earlier. This could be why they haven't opened up registration for Light Side and Tink yet. Maybe they're waiting to see if this works.

I wonder if the lower number of runners and the new 5am start time have anything to do with getting the roads cleared earlier. This could be why they haven't opened up registration for Light Side and Tink yet. Maybe they're waiting to see if this works.

I thought the same thing. I don't think I am optimistic about less course congestion. I think maybe they need to get people moved along and off the streets sooner.

Does anyone know what the free gift is from Walt Disney Travel is if you booked through them? I'm sure it's something small, but I was trying to decide if I needed to pick it up...:). They told me to stop by their table at the expo for it. I've booked through them several times before, but never have been told that. Thanks!

Does anyone know what the free gift is from Walt Disney Travel is if you booked through them? I'm sure it's something small, but I was trying to decide if I needed to pick it up...:). They told me to stop by their table at the expo for it. I've booked through them several times before, but never have been told that. Thanks!
Free gift at Tink was a lanyard, pin and luggage tag.

Sooo who else has looked at the early weather forecast?

IMG_0664.PNG

IMG_0665.PNG

:scared:

I know a lot can change in a week so I'm not freaking out too much yet. But yeah this doesn't look pretty.

Your weather report looks better than mine did this morning, with Anaheim at 99 on Wends. I was afraid it was going to be like the year of the heat wave race about 10 yrs ago or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!