Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

We are spending the day at US/IoA 10/20 which also happens to be a HHN night. We are not staying for HHN. Since IoA stays open later than US can we leave US and stay at IoA until closing or is the event at both parks? Should we expect more traffic since this is a HHN day?

We are spending the day at US/IoA 10/20 which also happens to be a HHN night. We are not staying for HHN. Since IoA stays open later than US can we leave US and stay at IoA until closing or is the event at both parks? Should we expect more traffic since this is a HHN day?
Go to the Studios in the morning and early afternoon then move to IOA for the late afternoon and evening hours.

Does anyone know why the Escape House was not brought back this year? Or why it wasn't popular last year? I went last year and the entire room was empty except for me and my partner plus a family of 3. They ended up combining us since there was no one else there. This was late in the season as well. I enjoyed it, however the VR part was a bit cumbersome and the staff gave me the wrong shapes/tools (I forget) to work with and that instance took me out of the whole 'experience' for a bit as they talked amonsgt themselves "that's not the right wand" or whatever. The production and acting was great, however.

As you describe it, not a smooth experience based upon numerous reviews. It was priced too high, surprised they didn't drop it via discounted deals as the season progressed.

The public tours will last up to 4 hours max

I booked a few and did first tour time period
Completed in 3.5 hours

On the public tour you will do each house once, walk thru scare zones and see bill and ted show

You do need the hhn ticket if you do a tour

I would book earliest tour of the night
Your lanyard credentials would allow you to use the ep line for a ride after you leave the tour
Thank you macraven. I got the earliest time slot I could get. We're so excited!

Wish you have the best experience!

Gotta tell you , many get hooked on hhn tours as you cover the basics with a tour guide and see all the houses and zones

Okay...I'm a total newbie when it comes to HHN.

After this announcement, what movies do you recommend watching? Sorry for the stupid question.

Another newbie question (sorry if it's buried in here, couldn't find it).
Does HHN operate like MNSSHP with day ticket holders being able to stay until a certain time without a wristband or ticket? The hours for the park the night we want to go are listed as 9-8, so would we be able to stay in the park until 8pm but have to leave by 8 if we don't have a HHN ticket? And do rides start to close early those nights to get people out of the park?

Hhn is held at the studios
Studios closes at 5:00 on days hhn is happening

If you have the day park ticket and the hhn ticket, you can go to one of the holding areas in the studios instead of leaving the park and waiting to re-enter the studios after 6:00

Hhn officially starts at 6:30
Hhn is a special ticket event and requires a ticket for it

Ioa has the longer park hours
When that park closes, all leave
Many nights ioa should be closing at 8:00
Check the monthly calendar for closing time for the date you will be there

If you have the p2p ticket for the parks start with the studios and leave in the afternoon or before 5:00 and go to ioa for the rest of your time

Based in your question, sounds like you plan on ioa only and not a park hopper which I called p2p ticket

Many hit city walk when ioa closes
Citywalk closes at 2:00 am
Some of the eateries stop food orders at midnight

About the questions of what movies to watch so you have background info in advance of specific houses , you might get various replies

For me, only watch the first Saw movie
My opinion only the first movie was decent
The other Saw movies that were made, to me were just meh.....

Google the houses and watch the movies that will reflect them

Shining is an older movie and I thought well done
Looking forward to this one

Some of the houses are being revamped from the past or going in another direction this year

AHS house is based on the tv shows
It will concentrate on three episodes from the past year

Read the info on the hhn site that gives a general statement of the houses (halloweenhorrornights.com)
You'll know the theme and what sections that would be used in those houses

I've gone yearly to hhn since 1999
Repeat houses or themes have resurfaced some years

I'm sure more homies will post in greater detail than I have to help newbies be prepared for this years event

About the questions of what movies to watch so you have background info in advance of specific houses , you might get various replies

For me, only watch the first Saw movie
My opinion only the first movie was decent
The other Saw movies that were made, to me were just meh.....

Google the houses and watch the movies that will reflect them

Shining is an older movie and I thought well done
Looking forward to this one

Some of the houses are being revamped from the past or going in another direction this year

AHS house is based on the tv shows
It will concentrate on three episodes from the past year

Read the info on the hhn site that gives a general statement of the houses (halloweenhorrornights.com)
You'll know the theme and what sections that would be used in those houses

I've gone yearly to hhn since 1999
Repeat houses or themes have resurfaced some years

I'm sure more homies will post in greater detail than I have to help newbies be prepared for this years event

For the bold, the American Horror Story house is based off 3 previous seasons, not episodes. Season 2: Asylum, Season 3: Coven and the latest Season Roanoke. Although there seems to be a couple quotes making it sound like the maze is all Roanoke, website lists all three for the maze.

As for movies. Definitely Saw 1. However since the house is a "best of" house in terms of traps if you enjoyed the original Saw then numbers 2 and 6 are just as good. And there is merit to all of them. I'm a fan.

If you never seen The Purge, go with #2 Purge: Anarchy. It has the scope the scarezone is emulating. The original is just focused on one location so is missing some impact.

Trick R Treat is an anthology movie, 3(or 4) stories bases on Halloween tradition. Never seen it. Heard is a cult classic so i would give it a chance.

Evil Dead. HUGE fan. I want to say just watch all three movies and the show. But i know time can be a concern. Go with Evil Dead 2. You wont be lost since they recap the original. And it has more humor then the original while still keeping some scares.

Finally it never hurts to think ahead so since I heard rumblings of another "best of" house focusing on Blumhouse movies I would reccomend Insidious and Sinister since they would be a lock to be in it.

Hahaha
I'm old
Seasons, shows, episodes. I just toss it all out there when rushing to try to help a poster

I do hesitate and usually do not post much when a newbie asks which movie to watch prior to the event and ask more about the movies

Guess I should not have said first Saw movie was fantastic and left it as that

There are many Saw fans and they adored all the Saw movies that followed

Don't mean to insult any reader here if you loved all of them by saying rest were meh

If you loved a movie or hated it, do not stay away from a house

They all are done with great sets and scare actors that pour their heart into their job

Same with SA in the scare zones

Two teams A and B switch off during each hhn night

Sometimes timing may be off if you are in the house during switching times
Could take a good ten minutes before the entire team is in place

I always do the houses as many times possible each night I go

Different effect for me on occasions
Am completely and totally addicted to HHN....
All the nights I go are enjoyed

I always buy the ep and have when the earlier years were not always needed

I compare it to having full car insurance
I might not need all the add ons, but thrilled when I do need to us it

Does anyone think Walking Dead will be featured this year?

I think it'll be the first year in awhile they don't. Since last year they did a best of house with all the years they'd only have this season to really work with. But there's only one IP house left to announce and it's been rumored to be a Blumhouse horror movie mash up house. I also received a survey last year asking about my interest in another Walking Dead house, I'm thinking a lot of people may have answered that they didn't want it to come back again because of how many years they'd been doing the WD houses. And now Universal Hollywood has that year round Walking Dead attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter