"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, anyone checking in August 22 or earlier is within their 60 day window. So there could be plenty of folks beginning to make FPs for the first party now.
Yes, I know that. But, someone said that the possible explanation for why some could make FP using their party ticket and some could not was that the one that could not wasn't 60 days from their *party* date. No one is 60 days from the party date yet. Their window may have opened because they are arriving earlier than their party. But the 60 day from party date could not be the explanation for why some could make FP using the party ticket and some could not. It all sounds to me like it was a glitch.

Yes, I know that. But, someone said that the possible explanation for why some could make FP using their party ticket and some could not was that the one that could not wasn't 60 days from their *party* date. No one is 60 days from the party date yet. Their window may have opened because they are arriving earlier than their party. But the 60 day from party date could not be the explanation for why some could make FP using the party ticket and some could not. It all sounds to me like it was a glitch.
If that's the case, you're right. But wouldn't explain why some people have been able to book for 8/25 then. It's obviously not limiting them to 60 days prior to the party date.

If I had to guess, I'd say disney is attempting to limit FPs on tickets, but some are slipping through the cracks somehow.

I posted yesterday that in the past a rolling 30 day window has popped up for me anytime I've linked a party ticket (limited to MK). This is not the case this year. When trying to book a dummy FP, I get an error message that my party does not have active ticket media. So I'll be curious what happens when my 60 day window opens.....

If that's the case, you're right. But wouldn't explain why some people have been able to book for 8/25 then. It's obviously not limiting them to 60 days prior to the party date.

If I had to guess, I'd say disney is attempting to limit FPs on tickets, but some are slipping through the cracks somehow.

I posted yesterday that in the past a rolling 30 day window has popped up for me anytime I've linked a party ticket (limited to MK). This is not the case this year. When trying to book a dummy FP, I get an error message that my party does not have active ticket media. So I'll be curious what happens when my 60 day window opens.....

Good info! That confirms that there have been changes behind the scenes.

I wonder if I should just pony up the $44 so we can make FPs in advance for sure. We would not be able to get in early to the party because we are driving and we should be getting to WDW around 3:00 ish. If our room is ready we would put our stuff in the room, get changed, and then leave for MK. I expect we would get to MK around 4:30.

On a separate topic, I have been stalking the auditions website to see if there's anything popping up for Villains/Halloween (I'm not giving up hope yet on a Villains Soiree!) and while there are multiple posts for Christmas/Merry/Holiday, there isn't anything for Halloween/Villains. Of course, I only started checking a few weeks ago and it's possible that if they're planning to do a Villains Soiree, they may have already hired the CMs...

Good Morning,

I was just able to make FP+ selections using my Party ticket this morning without an issue! :jumping1:
Window opened this morning and I had a 2 - day Park Hopper and the Party Ticket = 3 days of FP
I was able to make reservations on 3 separate days without encountering an error.

My party ticket FP times are:
3:15 - 4:!5
4:20 - 5:20
5:20 - 6:20
Which party are you going to? I'm going the 25th and I'm hoping to be able to get FP's with just our party ticket that day.

Yeah! So glad to hear that!

P.S. - Did you make the non-MNSSHP FP first?

Sort of.

1. Went after a Saturday AM in AK for FOP, times that I wanted were not available so I had to settle for Na'vi
2. Then booked a Wednesday for FEA in Epcot
3. My 3rd step was going after a 7 Dwarfs in MK at 3:30pm for Party Day on the 25th. Was able to select it without an issue or error; looking at availability now it appears other party goers also didn't encounter errors because the only times available after 3:00 is at 3:05pm and then next available is 6:20pm. That seems like the hallmark of partygoers trying to grab slots between 3:30 - 6:30pm
4. After that I hoped back and filled out my day at AK and Epcot, and then finished up the party day FPs.

June 26th!!! We are arriving on August 25th. We changed our flight to early morning just to be able to attend the party. We are super excited!!

Woohoo! Three more days until FP time are you ready!? :tink:Let the Magic commence!

In general, what time do characters continue meeting until? Do they go up until the end of the party? I know a CM will usually close down the line before the end, but is it timed so the last guest sees them right before the party ends or do they end a couple hours earlier?

We're only interested in seeing the 7 dwarves and Winnie pooh and friends. We're going to a Tuesday party in mid-september, which historically is one of the emptiest. Should we try to hit up those meets at the beginning or end of the party?

In general, what time do characters continue meeting until? Do they go up until the end of the party? I know a CM will usually close down the line before the end, but is it timed so the last guest sees them right before the party ends or do they end a couple hours earlier?

We're only interested in seeing the 7 dwarves and Winnie pooh and friends. We're going to a Tuesday party in mid-september, which historically is one of the emptiest. Should we try to hit up those meets at the beginning or end of the party?

We've been able to jump into an almost empty 7 Dwarfs line at 11:45pm at past parties. They were almost always the less crowded Tuesday night parties in September, though. We also only waited 10 minutes for Jack and Sally, doing the same thing.

We've been able to jump into an almost empty 7 Dwarfs line at 11:45pm at past parties. They were almost always the less crowded Tuesday night parties in September, though. We also only waited 10 minutes for Jack and Sally, doing the same thing.

What date was your party? It's nice to be able to compare crowd levels especially when creating an itinerary. Timing is everything!

Awesome!

We will be there Sept 12th. It's my first time to WDW, so obviously first MNSSHP. I've been reading reviews and trip reports, but still know to expect the unexpected! I also only have experience with the Disneyland version, but that almost always sells out, so can't really compare the crowds or experiences!

Finally caught back up. We've had a heat wave in the UK so I've been off the laptop for most of it. Same temperatures as Orlando but without air con. At least we had much lower humidity! I used that time to try on some of my summer clothes to see what I would be comfortable in....just about have enough clothes for the trip.

I've made a tiny bit of progress on my costume so I'll post a picture in the morning. I'm glad I'm in MK already for party days that glitch/intentional block sounds like a pain. I have booked off my FP day off work so I'm prepared. Hopefully it will go better than the disaster that was my ADR's. :rotfl2:

Hi all,

We have ticket's for the first night, 8/25. This will be our first time at the MNSSHP.

I was wondering how long are the waits for rides at the party? (I wanted to have an idea of what to expect in terms of wait times)

Thanks so much, Marina

Looking for suggestions: DD is obsessed with a Nightmare so I'm thinking that'll be our first stop on party night. How long do y'all think the wait will be if I'm in line at like 4:20, considering the walk back there?

Also, with a 3 year old, I figure we'll do the first parade. About when should I nab a seat?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter