"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has the price been, historically, on the party-exclusive Magic Bands? My DH might want the Sanderson Sisters one. We have a friend attending an earlier party who'd be willing to bring one back for us before we go.

Starting to think about my costume at last, ordered part of it from Amazon which just got dispatched so hopefully they'll be here soon so I can get the t-shirt/waistcoat done.

The Goofy ears are more difficult.

What are you planning for Goofy's ears?

It's different to what I did because I did Judy Hopps ears and had them standing up but you could get a black fabric headband/Alice band (or one that's similar to your hair colour) and either black faux fur or probably a craft felt, I don't know if you have them but in my local craft store they do sheets of felt colours for kids. Cut out the ear shape, maybe do two for each ear and stitch glue them together and then sew them the headband. Then if you are doing the had you can clip/stitch it to the headband.

FYI in regards to FP's for MNSSHP:

I spoke to two different CM's at the internet help desk today. Supposedly they had a meeting this morning about FP's for guests with just a party ticket.

-Yes you can still enter at 4pm with just a party ticket.

-You can make two FP selections between 4pm-5:30pm so the second one will not exceed 6:30pm. Anything made before 4pm or after 5:30pm will most likely be canceled. Both cast members told me the same info.

What are you planning for Goofy's ears?

It's different to what I did because I did Judy Hopps ears and had them standing up but you could get a black fabric headband/Alice band (or one that's similar to your hair colour) and either black faux fur or probably a craft felt, I don't know if you have them but in my local craft store they do sheets of felt colours for kids. Cut out the ear shape, maybe do two for each ear and stitch glue them together and then sew them the headband. Then if you are doing the had you can clip/stitch it to the headband.

Yeah that's about what I was planning. I'll get some green felt to make the hat, and I happen to have a bag of toy stuffing so I'll use that to make the hat 3d. I managed to get a basic black headband for £1 on Saturday.

Yeah that's about what I was planning. I'll get some green felt to make the hat, and I happen to have a bag of toy stuffing so I'll use that to make the hat 3d. I managed to get a basic black headband for £1 on Saturday.

Oh yeah toy stuffing, definitely I made the mistake of using pom-poms on my tail and it was a pain I should have spent a bit more on a bag of stuffing.
Ooooh £1 nice ...do you have a Hobbycraft near you then? That's where I'd get the felt if you haven't already.

I spoke to two different CM's at the internet help desk today. Supposedly they had a meeting this morning about FP's for guests with just a party ticket.

-You can make two FP selections between 4pm-5:30pm so the second one will not exceed 6:30pm. Anything made before 4pm or after 5:30pm will most likely be canceled. Both cast members told me the same info.

This just sounds overly complicated. Does it matter whether you have the Halloween ticket linked with a multiday ticket or separate? How is MDE supposed to know I'm not use a regular ticket on my party day?

What has the price been, historically, on the party-exclusive Magic Bands? My DH might want the Sanderson Sisters one. We have a friend attending an earlier party who'd be willing to bring one back for us before we go.

In the comments on the blog post it says for the Sanderson band it is $27.99, the other LE band is $39.99 :scared1:

I like the look of the Sanderson t shirt with the cats on the back! Not sure what the sizing is like though, so that will impact if I get it or not.

Really need to get our tickets sorted, not sure why I am waiting!

This just sounds overly complicated. Does it matter whether you have the Halloween ticket linked with a multiday ticket or separate? How is MDE supposed to know I'm not use a regular ticket on my party day?

Good question! I don't know what'll happen if you have a party ticket linked with a regular day ticket? This is for the people with just party tickets.

Good question! I don't know what'll happen if you have a party ticket linked with a regular day ticket? This is for the people with just party tickets.

I'm just worried that since I have a 6 day ticket but 7 days with FP+ my last day will get cancelled, but then again once I get past my party day I'll have the right amount of FP+ days and tickets.

I'm just worried that since I have a 6 day ticket but 7 days with FP+ my last day will get cancelled, but then again once I get past my party day I'll have the right amount of FP+ days and tickets.

You should be alright but definitely keep an eye on them.

This is very helpful, but it would have been more helpful if they would have announced prior to FPs being made. I already deleted my MNSSHP FPs since I have our only FOP FPs on our last day and didn't want to be babysitting it. LOL. What are the rest of ya'll - who deleted your FPs - doing? Are you going to re-make 2 FPs for that day?

How do the LE Magic Bands work? Since there's only 4000 that would be 125 per night (32 party nights) which seems like a crazy low amount. Do they have a staggered release so every party has some availability or do they just do a free for all and come Halloween have them all probably sold out?

I don't really like the merchandise shirts that much but since it's my first MNSSHP I'm definitely going to buy one of the Hocus Pocus shirts at the party!

Any passholders going on 9/10 want to get the Hades pin and I'll pay you in cash? I'm attending the 9/10 party, just don't have an annual pass :( (yet)

am I the only one underwhelmed with the merch? i hope i change my mind when i see it in person
I am too. I really only like two pins. I really don't like the artwork for the Sanderson Sisters this year ... but, I suppose it helps my wallet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter