"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall ever hearing that the M&Gs get moved indoors? But I've been lucky to experience rain free parties, so have no personal experience.

I know some have Plan B locations, and the majority of them are under cover most of the night anyway. Buzz and Lotso typically meet under the covered part of Carousel of Progress que when it rains. I don't know if its every year, but a couple of years ago when they moved under there they didn't have their backgrounds. So you still go to meet them but it only had the background of the Carousel of Progress outer walls.

My guess is if they show up at all it will be as the pre-parade entertainment on Main Street. I would be cool with that but not in the parade!

I agree with you both, I'd prefer the villains and that would more in the Halloween spirit. It wouldn't make sense to me, so must be just partly true if at all. Maybe it will be like @mickey1968 said, just the pre parade pump up.

I was really hoping for Nick and Judy especially as I'm dressed as Judy at the first party. :guilty: I hope they added a float in the parade or something. I guess I'll have to wait till Friday to know.

My DH and I are going to the first party this Friday night! Will the map show which character is meeting where or will it just have a mickey head saying there is a character location at that spot? Any advice on how to determine who is actually out? Will they have additional cast members at the front to answer questions? We did the Christmas party last year so we are generally familiar what happens during these parties. But, we will have to make a decision when we get there if its worth it to jump in one of the long lines for the characters.

I used my giftcard to buy the tickets (without calling). I just had to change where it said "Another form of payment" (or something similar). HTH!

I used a gift card as well for my party tickets. Click use another payment under where it asks for credit card info, then select gift card from the drop down menu. You'll be good to go from there!

My DH and I are going to the first party this Friday night! Will the map show which character is meeting where or will it just have a mickey head saying there is a character location at that spot? Any advice on how to determine who is actually out? Will they have additional cast members at the front to answer questions? We did the Christmas party last year so we are generally familiar what happens during these parties. But, we will have to make a decision when we get there if its worth it to jump in one of the long lines for the characters.

The map will just show a mickey head and since it's the first party, we won't really know for sure where anyone will be. I would suggest taking a look at last year's info to see where characters were last year (I'm sure the info is in the first post of this thread). If you use Twitter or Instagram and do some searching early that night for #MNSSHP or follow some of the Disney bloggers - people are usually posting info about the parties there and that may save you walking around looking for characters!

I did not get hard tickets - mine were "Print at home" which is the default selection.
I didn't even know there was a hard ticket option or I would have selected it.
So I finally had the time to call Disney. The Halloween Party tickets look just like a regular ticket. If I had taken it off the paper and looked at the back, I would have seen it has "MNSSHP & date of party & Ages 10+". Oops ;)

It looks like any other ticket. I know the party is linked to my many Magic Bands that show active on MyDisney. The last Halloween party we went to was 6, maybe 7, years ago and the tickets looked like Halloween.

The map will just show a mickey head and since it's the first party, we won't really know for sure where anyone will be. I would suggest taking a look at last year's info to see where characters were last year (I'm sure the info is in the first post of this thread). If you use Twitter or Instagram and do some searching early that night for #MNSSHP or follow some of the Disney bloggers - people are usually posting info about the parties there and that may save you walking around looking for characters!
thanks guess i will have to dust off my instagram account. I try to stick to just facebook.

thanks guess i will have to dust off my instagram account. I try to stick to just facebook.

People may be posting on Facebook groups too - I just think it's usually less "in real time" than instagram and twitter. I bet most of the characters will be in the same place as last year, but there may be new/different characters that we won't know about till Friday. Looking forward to hearing how your party goes!

NEWS

Join Us for the 2017 ‘Not-So-Scary’ Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park (DPB)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ot-so-scary-blog-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

On Friday, August 25, 2017, we’re hosting a special Halloween party for 100 winners of the Not-So-Scary Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park Sweepstakes.

This year’s “Not-So-Scary” Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park begins at 4 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 25 but winners can arrive between 3:30-7:30 p.m. EDT. Winners will receive admission to the popular Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

NEWS

Join Us for the 2017 ‘Not-So-Scary’ Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park (DPB)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ot-so-scary-blog-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

On Friday, August 25, 2017, we’re hosting a special Halloween party for 100 winners of the Not-So-Scary Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park Sweepstakes.

This year’s “Not-So-Scary” Blog Party at Magic Kingdom Park begins at 4 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 25 but winners can arrive between 3:30-7:30 p.m. EDT. Winners will receive admission to the popular Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Since this is official from Disney, I assume that you will be forced to stay outside the MK gates from 4-7, because Disney has never publicly admitted that 4PM entry is allowed, right? :duck:

I am sorry if this has been answered already. But this thread is now huge. Can someone please help me with this " You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins."

I go onto MDE and I do not see a separate ticket under Tickets and View My Tickets that I can link fast passes to. I have my three set up for the day under my regular park admission ticket.

I am sorry if this has been answered already. But this thread is now huge. Can someone please help me with this " You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins."

I go onto MDE and I do not see a separate ticket under Tickets and View My Tickets that I can link fast passes to. I have my three set up for the day under my regular park admission ticket.
it's 3 per day per person regardless of if you have a daytime ticket and a party ticket. That statement applies to those who chose not to use a day ticket the day of their party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!