OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

Really looking forward to getting to share all the Disney holiday magic with family that we didn't even think we would get to see this year. Now to start making a "to eat" list for all the food festival booths & other holiday treats. :santa:

What a great surprise! And we made our lists too! Now I'm watching all the food vlogs to see the reviews come in. :D

Not very happy with what I’m seeing from the Hub - no poinsettias around Partners. Really upset with things like this, just pointless budget cutting.

I really hope they appear soon.

Yikes! It's 8 am (both parks open at 8) and Harbor side security is almost back to Harbor. The "no bag" line is back to between bus stop 2 and 3 (about halfway!).
Yesterday was packed. However, I didn't care because the parks are decked out in Christmas decorations. It was so pretty! And I still had a lot of fun, just bring your patience. There is also some sort of cheerleading group going on. Some were in the parade yesterday, and I think more will be in the parade today.

Got the Sip and Savor Pass. If you have an AP they give you the pass with the AP lanyard. Also each station has buttons you can add onto the lanyard if you want. I tried the Pot Roast in Potato Roll. It was good, although I wish there was a little more seasoning on the meat. I also tried the Christmas Ale from the bar area near Guardians. It was ok. I DO NOT recommend the eggnog cocktail. It's way too strong, and flat out disgusting. Took 2 sips and tossed it :worried:

Got the Sip and Savor Pass. If you have an AP they give you the pass with the AP lanyard. Also each station has buttons you can add onto the lanyard if you want. I tried the Pot Roast in Potato Roll. It was good, although I wish there was a little more seasoning on the meat. I also tried the Christmas Ale from the bar area near Guardians. It was ok. I DO NOT recommend the eggnog cocktail. It's way too strong, and flat out disgusting. Took 2 sips and tossed it :worried:

Is the Sip and Savor the same as last years? If memory serves it was either for APs only or there was an AP discount. I'm having Sunday morning foggy brain. LOL.

I agree it was busy yesterday (Sat), but today feels far busier. We got in about the same time yesterday, but security was about a third the length it was today. Attraction lines are also really long today. It will be interesting to see what folks think the crowds are like tomorrow.

I agree it was busy yesterday (Sat), but today feels far busier. We got in about the same time yesterday, but security was about a third the length it was today. Attraction lines are also really long today. It will be interesting to see what folks think the crowds are like tomorrow.

Thanks! Were heading over about 3 now. Have you been to both parks today?

Oh man. Is this due to the holiday weekend? I'm planning to go next week on Sunday, and I don't normally go Sundays so I have no idea how crowds typically are. Is it normally crowded early on?

We are here now and just had the Plaza meal. We had a 4:15 reservation and have passes for the 6pm parade. Same reserved area as for the Pixar Parade. There is curb seating, benches along the back, and then standing areas. Late lunch/dinner was great!
Thanks for the feedback! Is it on the Frontierland side of Main Street?

Who else is scouring the Festival of the Holidays menus? Here are my must trys:

1. Turkey & Stuffing Tamale with Cranberry Relish
2. Blood Orange Ginger Mule with a Rosemary Sprig
3. Nashville Hot Fried Turkey with Dill Pickles
4. Vanilla and Cranberry Trifle

Anything I just have to add?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter