"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my first time doing this. Even as an AP holder, you go up to Will Call to pick up the tickets, correct?
I am AP and my tickets were mailed to me and the ticket numbers were sent to my email. I immediately assigned them to my family members.

We will be there on July 28th. This is our first one and I'm really excited but also a little worried about staying up that late. It's just me, DH and DS who is 15 so no little ones but we are not late night people. We are taking that day as a rest day and the next day we don't plan to get up early so I'm hoping it works out. We usually rope drop every day so this change will be a new experience for us.

DH and I are going on 9/20! I think I've officially converted him to be a huge Disney fan. :cool1:

Couple questions - this is my first time doing this. Even as an AP holder, you go up to Will Call to pick up the tickets, correct?

And a silly question - the whole point of this event is to not need FP+, and I'm assuming they aren't even available for the event. Am I right again? :P
For your second question - Yes, you can book FPs. If your event starts at 10pm (most of them do for the summer), then you can get into the park at 7pm and can book FPs anytime between 7-10pm. I believe the system might let you book FPs before 7pm, but that causes some sort of glitch. I'd strongly recommend just starting your FPs at 7pm or later.

It's a nice (and underrated IMO) bonus to these tickets that we can do this!

For your second question - Yes, you can book FPs. If your event starts at 10pm (most of them do for the summer), then you can get into the park at 7pm and can book FPs anytime between 7-10pm. I believe the system might let you book FPs before 7pm, but that causes some sort of glitch. I'd strongly recommend just starting your FPs at 7pm or later.

Wow that is a great perk. Thanks for the response!

When we attended the DAH the end of Feb our credential (what they gave us to hang around your neck when you enter the park for the DAH) acted as a fast pass for rides prior to the start of the DAH. I believe our DAH started at 8 pm and we used our credential as a fast pass from 7-8pm.

Will you add me to the July 21 date?

I'll use this post to keep track of fellow DISers who are attending DAH. If you'd like to be added to the guest list, just let me know. Thanks!

2018 Disney After Hours Guest List

Thursday, June 28, 2018

@ashmac8
@Bri036
@whiporee
@NatureBoyChris

Saturday, June 30, 2018

@PatMcDuck
@saraheli
@HappyGrape
@scottishgirl1
@Dbktmc
@GaSleepingBeautyFan
@Bellabully
@msmith1026

Saturday, July 07, 2018

@wmoon

Monday, July 09, 2018

@Ashley Marie
@5 at disney
@djc9699
@summerlvr

Saturday, July 14, 2018

@poodledogs55
@Chavaleh

Saturday, July 21, 2018

@Minniemouse07
@uccats97
@senadler
@RDarling
@Cloe Colton
@houseofmouse5
@bcactus
@sfbank

Saturday, July 28, 2018

@junebug
@cmarsh31
@dmetcalfrn
@donaldanddaisy
@khcruise

Saturday, August 04, 2018

@123SA
@Funfire240
@kcm105
@tookydo
@0FF TO NEVERLAND

Saturday, August 11, 2018

@123SA
@Funfire240
@elle101me
@disneyAndi14

Thursday, August 30, 2018

@GillianP1301

Thursday, September 20, 2018

@DQUIN5340
@Araminta18
@seltzer77
@jenjersnap
@shairpdrh
@areno79
@kkbookmom
@sara_s

Winter 2018 DAH Dates

Friday, January 19 (8PM-11PM)

@anomamatt
@Wackdawg
@bcactus
@MaryLovesPoohBear
@CrabbyPatty
@famsen
@pattyw
@heidijanesmith
@PatMcDuck
@RDarling
@Rmurphy005
@Disney_Princess83
@Elbygrl
@Scooter2376
@Princess Michele

Friday, January 26 (8PM-11PM)
@hosler427
@honeymo78
@kippynumber1
@First timer
@ksinniger
@MrsInsG
@Sammi & Mittz
@Liver Lips Mcgrowl
@mlp1933
@CAQDaddy
@UpstateMick
@jcconn
@TheFloatingBear
@Daisybell911
@Silock
@collegeprogram01
@fiasco32
@Star Tourist
@Dviro
@lexybear
@DavidHobart
@ALMinVA
@lynn_s

Tuesday, January 30 (8PM-11PM)
@OhhBother
@krauh
@sdomino11
@BurTam
@focusondisney
@amandaleigh2
@Limes96
@Amanda&Mike
@Aflyingbuttress
@Karen46
@Euby
@dolewhipdreams
@Lsdolphin
@mcurrence
@katherine52478
@kmc8826
@SteveH
@lulu2121
@subtchr
@TropicalDIS
@Staren
@fgnghg5821
@intricatejewel
@flyersud99
@theme_park_mom
@summerlvr
@happiest place
@Thomasfouraker
@Armycavprincess

Thursday, February 8 (8PM-11PM)

@coasternut22
@jaybee1026
@kerreyn
@lizabu
@DisneyGuy
@fstone
@MommaBerd
@hereforthechurros
@Brandilla
@kellyarms20
@April P
@erinscreen
@GMatisse
@Arubaflower
@fitgirlFL
@sky13

Thursday, February 15 (9PM-12AM)
@eeyoreandtink
@CarolynFH
@dwsandy
@georgina
@sadliltear
@julezdisney
@disneyAndi14
@ceeceegee
@PlutosNumberOneFan
@cancersucks
@nancy155
@disneyAndi14
@lovedisney123
@junebug
@melliemelo
@monique5

Thursday, March 1 (9PM-12AM)

@Haley R
@MIAMouseketeer
@igrsod
@senadler
@Lesley Wake
@foodiddiedoo
@bjschil
@Johndubbya
@MischaOz
@SmithSmith
@lvcourtneyy
@wootejl
@to be tink
@TIGGER1981
@Danadanes
@cindyfan
@BrownHP800
@cruisecrasher
@Momfoaj
@Thomasfouraker

Thursday, March 8 (9PM-12AM)
@Tinkerbell58
@Pdollar88
@bbangel
@MermaidMommy
@jenushkask8s
@indyannamom
@csmom
@rosysubmarine
@DisDreaming4116
@Mopedmom1
@Elsaspiritanimal
@Minniemoo15
@kristenabelle
@lata
@TexasKiwiPrincess
@The_Big_Goof
@ConnecticutNonna
@Disney.Denise
@EeyoreME
@pitpat

I booked my first one starting at 6.30pm without issue. We only have dah tickets.

We booked our FPs 4:45, 5:45, and 6:45 and used them with no problems.

Did your event start at 10pm? I know someone earlier in this thread talked about an error for too many FPs or something like that. Also, we can't get into the park before 7?

Not that it’s a problem but what’s the point of getting the fast passes if the point of spending so much on after hours is to ride what you want with no wait?

I’m going in the park at 9 and hanging around till 10 lol it seems like a great relax day and hit a nice dinner before going to after hours. I’m just gonna save the fun for after hours.

Not that it’s a problem but what’s the point of getting the fast passes if the point of spending so much on after hours is to ride what you want with no wait?

I’m going in the park at 9 and hanging around till 10 lol it seems like a great relax day and hit a nice dinner before going to after hours. I’m just gonna save the fun for after hours.

I know for us it was our only MK day so it's nice to get some extra rides in-especially the longer rides- before the event :)

For me, it was a real bonus because it allowed me to book all my FPs a day earlier. But in general, I just feel like it's nice for Disney to allow FPs with these tickets, even if you don't really think it's all that necessary. I mean, if it works for your schedule, why not do it?

Did your event start at 10pm? I know someone earlier in this thread talked about an error for too many FPs or something like that. Also, we can't get into the park before 7?
Yep my event started at 10 pm. We actually got in at 5:30 pm, but it used one of our park tickets to do that because we didn't go through the event entrance. Lesson learned. Most people reported going through the event entrance close to 6 pm.

Yep my event started at 10 pm. We actually got in at 5:30 pm, but it used one of our park tickets to do that because we didn't go through the event entrance. Lesson learned. Most people reported going through the event entrance close to 6 pm.
So did you have two sets of FPs booked that day?

Just curious at this point. Not going to change any of my plans, but still wondering.

I see it as I'm paying for a premium event so I want to get in as early as they'll let me. The 3 hours goes by a lot faster than you think so those extra FPs before DAH starts help a lot. We used them on Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain because those rides are pretty long and I didn't want to waste DAH time riding them. We treated our DAH day as our "rides" day for MK and it worked out great!

Also, don't count on no waits for rides. We still waited about 10-15 minutes for 7DMT and 20 for Peter Pan. It adds up fast.

So did you have two sets of FPs booked that day?

Just curious at this point. Not going to change any of my plans, but still wondering.
Sorry I think my event actually started at 9 pm because it ended at 12. We only had one set of FPs booked.

I see it as I'm paying for a premium event so I want to get in as early as they'll let me. The 3 hours goes by a lot faster than you think so those extra FPs before DAH starts help a lot. We used them on Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain because those rides are pretty long and I didn't want to waste DAH time riding them. We treated our DAH day as our "rides" day for MK and it worked out great!

Also, don't count on no waits for rides. We still waited about 10-15 minutes for 7DMT and 20 for Peter Pan. It adds up fast.

Got Cha

I actually have fast passes booked for 3 and 4pm at Hollywood studies that day. ( basically cause I had to since I have a 7 day ticket and had to pick something ) I didn’t even remember I did that. Gonna use a 1 day ticket for Hollywood and then the DAH to get into magic kingdom

I assume I can’t make a second set of 3 since I have the after hours ticket also

We have 3 day tickets and DAH is on day 4. I booked 3 days worth of FP first, then 3 for Jungle Cruise, PP, and Pirates at 7:30, 830, & 9:30 (park closes at 10 for DAH). Not sure if we'll use all 3 but figured it was worth having them. Plan is to watch HEA on day 1.

Got Cha

I actually have fast passes booked for 3 and 4pm at Hollywood studies that day. ( basically cause I had to since I have a 7 day ticket and had to pick something ) I didn’t even remember I did that. Gonna use a 1 day ticket for Hollywood and then the DAH to get into magic kingdom

I assume I can’t make a second set of 3 since I have the after hours ticket also
Actually I don't think it will let you make two sets. I think it will recognize that you already have FPs in a different park that day. Unless you linked your DAH tickets to a different account, but I don't know if that's allowed or if it even works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!