Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

We’ve got a spec map for this year. Keep in mind this is just based on current rumors and hints we have so it may change (in fact some of it has already corrected but the map haven’t changed to reflect that yet). Blumhouse 2 Might be based on just one movie and Halloween probably isn’t coming. A and B are probably switched. The San Francisco might not be there at all cause of the new ride. Unsure where the new location will be tho

47D7C46A-5F5D-43BF-B7DB-61FC77A4E10A.png

I realize I'm coming in a couple days late to this conversation, but I just want to say, I had no major problems with Ash vs. Evil Dead as a house. My one minor problem with it was... (and I'm trying to be polite here) a couple of the Ashes at times were... much more noticeably soggy around the midsection than Bruce Campbell... too much so to ever make a convincing Ash. BUT that said... the house itself wasn't terrible for me.

What was terrible (+1 from me) was the walk. That walk was murder. I hope SEVERELY that that queue path isn't repeated this year.

I feel like the low wait times had less to do with its popularity and had everything to do with the fact it was the most isolated house with the most grueling walk.

Not just the walk, but the fact it was out of the way. 3 houses were clustered in the back, 5 in the front... and those lines all fueled one another. You'd leave one, and if another nearby was low(ish), you'd get in line for the next. But Ash was just all by its lonesome in the middle, where nobody felt like walking. There weren't 2 lines that started in that section of the park like previous years, and thus less foot traffic.

The main reason the path was so long was that the HHN people thought that construction would have started in the KidsZone section for the conversion into the new NintendoLand, but now rumors are that it’s going to be a part of the new 3rd park universal is planning.

We’ve got a spec map for this year. Keep in mind this is just based on current rumors and hints we have so it may change (in fact some of it has already corrected but the map haven’t changed to reflect that yet). Blumhouse 2 Might be based on just one movie and Halloween probably isn’t coming. A and B are probably switched. The San Francisco might not be there at all cause of the new ride. Unsure where the new location will be tho

View attachment 328882

A work in progress. Have seen them morph from the leaked ones but a good start

I’m still convinced by the font of the header in the email that went out that either Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm street will be there :confused3

Yes, that was interesting. My vote for Freddy :) but ahem we know Micheal has his fans lol. Not sure which has made more appearances @ HHN, going to guess MM

I like the thought of that b movie mashup house, that could be very interesting.

Wonder if they'll incorporate bungees into any of this year's houses. I thought those worked real well last year.

A work in progress. Have seen them morph from the leaked ones but a good start

Yes, that was interesting. My vote for Freddy :) but ahem we know Micheal has his fans lol. Not sure which has made more appearances @ HHN, going to guess MM

Halloween would make more sense anyway with the new movie coming out.

If we're talking personal preference, I prefer Michael to Freddy. I've always been a big fan of the Halloween Franchise, seen them all. Own a Michael Myers action figure.

THAT said...

Even I won't argue Freddy fits the 80's theme 1000x better.

Freddy was an icon in the 80s. He was everywhere. Dolls, Halloween Costumes, TV. You name it. I remember Freddie, as a presence, from my childhood in the late 80s/early 90s (I was born in '85 for the record). I honest to god didn't get acquainted w/ Michael until later in life (around my teens) because he had already largely come and gone, and wasn't a presence for most of the 80s. Halloween 2 released in '81, Halloween 4 released in '88, Michael wasn't in Halloween 3. He was absent for most of the middle formative years of the decade. He wasn't nearly as EVERYWHERE as Freddy in the 80s.

The original Nightmare on Elm Street would fit the 80s theme like a glove.

The original Halloween was released in the late 70s, and has an extremely 70s Aesthetic. You could put Laurie Strode in an episode of That 70's Show and she'd blend in seamlessly. That said, the rumor is the house would be based on the new movie, not the original, which is even more far removed from the 80s theme (though admittedly, synergizes with advertising the film quite well, so I don't doubt it's still a strong possibility.)

So yeah, to sum up... it wouldn't surprise me if they did Halloween, and I'm a bigger fan of Michael generally speaking... but Freddy would unquestionably be the better choice for an 80's theme.

Is Express Pass needed in September? This is my first HHN and I'll be going from Sept 20-27th. Would EP be needed that early on?

Delayed response but my 2 cents...

You have to weigh the circumstances of your own trip. In September, you don't need it... but it is nice to have it... ultimately I think you have to determine if the costs outweigh the benefits for your own trip. How many nights are you going? How many people would you need to buy express passes for?

Here's my experience...

I went for 2 days total on the second weekend in 2016 (Believe it was Thur & Sun, Disney in-between).
I went for 5 days total spread across the first two weekends in 2017. (Fri/Sat the first weekend, skipped Sunday due to fatigue, Thur/Fri/Sat the second weekend, flew home Sunday)

I didn't have express for either trip.

In 2016 I was able to do every house once the first night + both shows. I was able to do 8 of 9 houses the second night + both shows, and that was with a lengthy dinner at toothsome in the middle. Had we not eaten at toothsome, I'd easily have had time to do the 9th house a second time. I did make an effort to cram, and I did have to work at it. It's not easy to fit everything in 1 night, but it is totally doable. But takes pretty much the entire night, open to close.

In 2017 I was able to do every house 3 times, spread across 5 nights. I was pacing myself way more in 2017 than I did in 2016. I did 8 of 9 houses, plus both shows the first night. I think it's worth mentioning - I was TRYING to do all 9 again that first night + both shows, just to see if I could, and I failed. The second night I did the 9th house I didn't hit the prior night, and repeats of whichever houses had decent lines. After that the other 3 nights the second weekend were much the same. Just caught houses and shows wherever the waits looked good. Casually.

Finally I returned for the final (final final) night of the event in 2017, which was the first weekend of November. THAT crowd was 1000x worse than ANY of the nights in September. I did every house once, and caught both shows, but ONLY because I sprang for the $50 "after 10pm" express pass. In September express lines were walk-in. That night express lines were 30+ minutes (Let me repeat that for emphasis: Express lines were 30+ minutes!) I had express and still waited in several lines.

So yeah... you have to judge your circumstances...

For a single night, I think it's worthwhile. 1 night of express costs roughly $80. Based on the fact you're hard pressed to fit everything in a single night I think it pays off. It's possible to fit everything without, but it isn't easy (especially since this year there's a 10th house to fit in)

For a handful of nights, I don't think it's worthwhile, as your costs double or triple and you could potentially be paying a couple to several hundred dollars per person to add express... BUT... you have several nights to do and see everything once, if not a few times.

If you're going every weekend for the entire month, I think it becomes worthwhile again, even at a cost of several hundred dollars. This is why you frequently see regulars say, "I wouldn't be without it" ... because yeah, if you're local, it pays off quickly.

I'll say this, the lines are grueling. Because they're temporary makeshift lines, put up in backstage areas, there often aren't any walls or railings to lean on, so your legs tire out over time. And they're obviously outside and not air-conditioned. So as I started off saying you don't need it... but it is nice to have it.

Crowds grow larger every year for hhn.

Wednesday is the one night of the week where crowds are not bad.

I go only 7 nights but it is cheaper for me to go with FF +ep.

I quit doing Saturdays nights about 5 years ago.
Crowds for walking in the park, restrooms, eateries had too many long waits for me.

Each week can give you a different experience.
What happened during opening week and the week that followed, could be different for the rest of the time period hhn runs.

Peeps quit or get fired from their jobs, new ones take over, by the time I am there, all seems to work like a team in the houses and streets.

If we're talking personal preference, I prefer Michael to Freddy. I've always been a big fan of the Halloween Franchise, seen them all. Own a Michael Myers action figure.

THAT said...

Even I won't argue Freddy fits the 80's theme 1000x better.

Freddy was an icon in the 80s. He was everywhere. Dolls, Halloween Costumes, TV. You name it. I remember Freddie, as a presence, from my childhood in the late 80s/early 90s (I was born in '85 for the record). I honest to god didn't get acquainted w/ Michael until later in life (around my teens) because he had already largely come and gone, and wasn't a presence for most of the 80s. Halloween 2 released in '81, Halloween 4 released in '88, Michael wasn't in Halloween 3. He was absent for most of the middle formative years of the decade. He wasn't nearly as EVERYWHERE as Freddy in the 80s.

The original Nightmare on Elm Street would fit the 80s theme like a glove.

The original Halloween was released in the late 70s, and has an extremely 70s Aesthetic. You could put Laurie Strode in an episode of That 70's Show and she'd blend in seamlessly. That said, the rumor is the house would be based on the new movie, not the original, which is even more far removed from the 80s theme (though admittedly, synergizes with advertising the film quite well, so I don't doubt it's still a strong possibility.)

So yeah, to sum up... it wouldn't surprise me if they did Halloween, and I'm a bigger fan of Michael generally speaking... but Freddy would unquestionably be the better choice for an 80's theme.

Yep, I still have the original large talking Freddy doll, MIB :). My kids basically wore out the other one lol.

Not to mention other memorabilia, such as variations of the glove etc. one of my kids bought a hand-crafted metal one at a comic con. It looks like it could do some damage if the blades were sharp. Eek. Glad he took it with him when he moved out. Gave me the creeps

Crowds grow larger every year for hhn.

Wednesday is the one night of the week where crowds are not bad.

I go only 7 nights but it is cheaper for me to go with FF +ep.

I quit doing Saturdays nights about 5 years ago.
Crowds for walking in the park, restrooms, eateries had too many long waits for me.

Each week can give you a different experience.
What happened during opening week and the week that followed, could be different for the rest of the time period hhn runs.

Peeps quit or get fired from their jobs, new ones take over, by the time I am there, all seems to work like a team in the houses and streets.

Sat even tho not included in most multi night tix still packs them in the park.

Thursday was dead not that long ago, maybe the same 5 years or bit more you mention. Hope Wednesday isn’t the next to fall.

For a handful of nights, I don't think it's worthwhile, as your costs double or triple and you could potentially be paying a couple to several hundred dollars per person to add express... BUT... you have several nights to do and see everything once, if not a few times.

If you're going every weekend for the entire month, I think it becomes worthwhile again, even at a cost of several hundred dollars. This is why you frequently see regulars say, "I wouldn't be without it" ... because yeah, if you're local, it pays off quickly.

I'll say this, the lines are grueling. Because they're temporary makeshift lines, put up in backstage areas, there often aren't any walls or railings to lean on, so your legs tire out over time. And they're obviously outside and not air-conditioned. So as I started off saying you don't need it... but it is nice to have it.

We are not local and the EP is worth every single cent it costs for us, and we go many nights.

We buy the RoF with EP every year, I think we can go around 10 nights and usually go around 6 or 7 of those. It absolutely IS worth it for some of us.

We started going to HHN in 2007 and have seen crowds increase massively. Last year we were surprised how long some of the regular lines were on so called "quiet" nights. No way are we going to stand in those lines when you can pay not to.

Sometimes it`s more than about money. Convenience and time. We don't want to spend all night there, as we have usually been in the parks all day or most of the day in September, so EP is perfect for us for HHN`s.

Of course some people don't mind waiting in lines...….but not us. It is indeed very nice to have, but for us essential.

Just another viewpoint of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!