Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Just wondering on the $30 HHN Free Style Cup - any Annual pass holders purchase one and were you able to use the "All Passholders receive 15% off each Coca-Cola freestyle® " offer for AP Appreciation days?

Just wondering on the $30 HHN Free Style Cup - any Annual pass holders purchase one and were you able to use the "All Passholders receive 15% off each Coca-Cola freestyle® " offer for AP Appreciation days?
That's a good question.

I also wonder if you have to buy that cup during hhn or if you can get it during the day.

I'll be doing this Saturday the 29 so I'll report back here if no one has answered before then.

We started in the other park and could not buy the hhn quick service combo with hhn cup. It had to be bought in studios. So once we moved to that park at 2pm we bought the $29.99 meal plan. The cup was good for ten hours from first use

That's a good question.
I also wonder if you have to buy that cup during hhn or if you can get it during the day.
I'll be doing this Saturday the 29 so I'll report back here if no one has answered before then.
Thanks Ill be there on the 29th and sooner so I will try to update as well

We started in the other park and could not buy the hhn quick service combo with hhn cup. It had to be bought in studios. So once we moved to that park at 2pm we bought the $29.99 meal plan. The cup was good for ten hours from first use
Thanks - There is a special HHN cup that is $30 dollars that is good for the entirety of HHN (so multi day during the day and night) - seems like a good value

Question for you pros- we have tickets to HHN OCT 11(Thursday) and 12(Friday). Trying to decide between an EP for the 11th or adding Saturday night the 13th for 3 full nights and break up the houses. Suggestions? Also, EP is good for only one use per hoise, correct? How are crowds usually around those dates? We decided against the RIP tour(money wise) and just trying to weigh our options on the others.

You bought 2 individual tix? Any way you could do wednesday in lieu of sat, possibly upgrade your tix to Frequent fear? Would need to check first page of this thread to see if fri the 12th is included.

I don’t bother with the EP, usually do two or three nights (jumping in on one private VIP tour which ensures we will see every house at least twice).

The public tour will get you into each house & show. The group and guide factor in immensely as to your enjoyment factor. We were lumped in with a large frat-boy group (not how it’s supposed to run, believe if you book for 8 they are supposed to divert you to a private tour). Most report they enjoy the public tours, YMMV.

Rarely last till the bitter end each night, it becomes work for me, fun factor disappears.

There’s a lot to enjoy about HHN besides scurrying from one house to the other, take time to stop & smell the mayhem :)

That's a good question.

I was in IOA Monday recharging my annual passholder cup at the outside register by Confisco and Croissant Moon Bakery and they had the hhn cup there. She asked if I wanted to purchase one and it was about 1pm

I was in IOA Monday recharging my annual passholder cup at the outside register by Confisco and Croissant Moon Bakery and they had the hhn cup there. She asked if I wanted to purchase one and it was about 1pm
Thanks for that info

You bought 2 individual tix? Any way you could do wednesday in lieu of sat, possibly upgrade your tix to Frequent fear? Would need to check first page of this thread to see if fri the 12th is included.

I don’t bother with the EP, usually do two or three nights (jumping in on one private VIP tour which ensures we will see every house at least twice).

The public tour will get you into each house & show. The group and guide factor in immensely as to your enjoyment factor. We were lumped in with a large frat-boy group (not how it’s supposed to run, believe if you book for 8 they are supposed to divert you to a private tour). Most report they enjoy the public tours, YMMV.

Rarely last till the bitter end each night, it becomes work for me, fun factor disappears.

There’s a lot to enjoy about HHN besides scurrying from one house to the other, take time to stop & smell the mayhem :)
It’s actually the “buy one, get one” ticket. We are in Disney thru Thursday mid afternoon (the 11th) and do my check in to RP until that day. Guess we could always skip Disney that Wednesday and DD and DH go that Nole guy and thurnighy he y really ddisappointed my want time short change DS(3) and tryIng to avoid a lot of back and forth. May consider that, tho, and could always Uber back to Disney and use our last day ticket that Friday or Saturday

It’s actually the “buy one, get one” ticket. We are in Disney thru Thursday mid afternoon (the 11th) and do my check in to RP until that day. Guess we could always skip Disney that Wednesday and DD and DH go that Nole guy and thurnighy he y really ddisappointed my want time short change DS(3) and tryIng to avoid a lot of back and forth. May consider that, tho, and could always Uber back to Disney and use our last day ticket that Friday or Saturday

Careful re the BOGO tix, not valid on saturday

E22C33A9-329A-48BF-B10F-ED39F5E2882D.jpeg

Oh we weren’t going to use the bogo for Saturday. I was just trying to decide if I should get them a third ticket for Saturday for them to go theee nights and spread things out or if I should just get them EP for that Thurs night and let them try to get in all houses that night, then Friday, repeat the ones they liked best in stand by line
But thank you for that just in case!

I can see why people go year after year. Ended up getting a RoF passes for me and teen and we got there around 10:20ispm last night. Took our time walking and did TrT, Dead Exposure (where my teen got the pants scared off her by well timed scare-after kinda making fun of me of getting a good scare in a zone lol) and Scary tales , watched Vamp 85 and then decided to leave. It was midnight when we left. Every wait time in the houses we did was less than posted except TrT because that 10 min wait time is how long it takes you to walk to house-not kidding! I timed it.
Dead Exposure wait time 35 minutes-actual wait 16 minutes, ST wait time 45 minutes actual wait 20 minutes.
We probably could have got 2 more houses in but we were tired.

Oh we weren’t going to use the bogo for Saturday. I was just trying to decide if I should get them a third ticket for Saturday for them to go theee nights and spread things out or if I should just get them EP for that Thurs night and let them try to get in all houses that night, then Friday, repeat the ones they liked best in stand by line
But thank you for that just in case!

A bit of advice to save you some money, we were able to upgrade our bogo tickets at guest services to a rush of fear pass. It ended up being just under $15 ($7.50 pp) altogether with our annual pass discount. Significantly cheaper than buying just a separate night. You just have to do it before you scan in for the second time.

Unless you meant frequent fear? Maybe if I can figure out a way for them to do wed and Thur, then Saturday instead of Friday, we could try to upgrade to that one. I just have to figure out Disney. The teen and husband are doing the HHN, I have to miss out this year as I will be hanging with our 2 yr old but thinking of just husband and I going next year

I buy the FF+ ep that covers Sunday thru Friday
I come out ahead buying that ticket as I attend each night I am there

Ouch! I just realized they rais d the prices of the EP! The one we were looking at for that Thursday night has gone up $10/ticket

Some years ago, Thursdays and Sundays were a well kept secret for having low crowds.

Not true anymore.

EP can increased on a night based on attendance.
This is why I take a gamble and buy mine prior to the opening of HHN.

Wednesdays hhn nights are better crowd wise
EP's are not a necessity

Apologies if this has been asked... I did a search and nothing more recent than 2010 came up. Packing for Orlando and husband asks me if he can bring his go pro through the mazes. No flash, no lights. I honestly don't know. I'm sure it's fine for scare zones but is it okay for the mazes? To just wear it on his chest? I looked on the official ticket and among the taboos like alcohol and drugs it also says no cameras or recording devices. But every phone is a camera and recording device now. I don't want to break the rules. What say you HHN experts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter